Stock market

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Actually, now that I look closer, I would have to sell it. I thought I saw that I could just convert it to USD in my Coinbase wallet, but that was "USDC" that I saw.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Actually, now that I look closer, I would have to sell it. I thought I saw that I could just convert it to USD in my Coinbase wallet, but that was "USDC" that I saw.
This is something you don’t want to figure out or debate as it’s free fall dropping. I felt like last time bitcoin spiked extremely fast but it felt like it was much much faster dropping as I was waiting for coin base to reopen and figure out how and where my money was gonna go. The Coinbase site crashed A lot back then hopefully they fixed it.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
This is something you don’t want to figure out or debate as it’s free fall dropping. I felt like last time bitcoin spiked extremely fast but it felt like it was much much faster dropping as I was waiting for coin base to reopen and figure out how and where my money was gonna go. The Coinbase site crashed A lot back then hopefully they fixed it.
Yeah, I think I'm going to do some reading tonight to see where people think it's going. I was just reading a Forbes article from last month where they were recommending keeping your BTC in place, even if it plummets again, because they are expecting it to climb to $50,000 by the summer, and as high as $500,000. Here's that article https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2020/12/13/arent-you-glad-you-kept-your-bitcoin-dont-sell-it/?sh=5996b1cb2b87

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh, and don't buy the hype on precious metals either. Silver will top out at about $45 (made me some change last time ;) ) but it's a small time short term thing. Most silver/gold value now is tied to manufacturing... Buy at $15-$20/ounce, sell at $35-$40 - wash, rinse, repeat.

Last edited:

Now1more

Super Active Member
Bitcoin always drops around Chinese New Year. Dump before the second week of February and buy when it dips if you're concerned. Me? I'm just letting everything ride.

Now1more

Super Active Member
I should put a disclaimer on my above statement. This year may be different. There may be no dip for Chinese New Year. This market is so different from when I started following back in 17'. Lots of institutional investing in crypto now, so who knows if the old patterns will play out?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I should put a disclaimer on my above statement. This year may be different. There may be no dip for Chinese New Year. This market is so different from when I started following back in 17'. Lots of institutional investing in crypto now, so who knows if the old patterns will play out?
Yeah, I’m going to just let mine ride and buy more when it dips. I just checked and it’s currently at $41,524.27 :)

Now1more

Super Active Member
Just converted all my Bitcoin to Ethereum. Going to pick up 2 more today. I think ETH will outperform BTC this year. I hear a lot of chatter that BTC will end the year between $100-$200k. Too cost prohibitive for me.

Now1more

Super Active Member
Dang... I sold BTC at just over 41k. Now it's waffling around the 39k range. Put it into ETH at around 1,150. ETH is going to start testing the limits. I think this might shoot up to 2,500 in the next week. Time will tell.

Now1more

Super Active Member
@Punisher84 I haven't messed with stocks in years. I really love the crypto ecosystem. Too many unknowns and variables makes it enticing. I had an r.o.i. of 58% in 12 days. Bailed on BTC at the peak... just over $41k. It's waffling around $40k. That's where I get excited. To time it just right whether it was dumb luck or me having a better grasp on it is what excites me because the potential for huge gains are there. Hoping one of my small caps nail it this year.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I messed around with small caps for a bit. Having much better returns trading options on larger cap stocks. Everyone’s got their own thing.

Market is due for a big pull back. Guessing it will happen around when this new administration takes office. Monthly chart, look how far we are up above the moving averages. Due for a pullback, of large proportions would be my guess.

0492828C-A980-4990-B24D-016E91DC7143.png