SoLow's never ending thread

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Bennie tea is what brought my comp plant back from her possible demise. I use home made LABS, and add some Hygrozyme as needed.
You are correct, resembles the issues I had.
I'd check ph first, I'm sure that's been done though.
Kinda looks like a P and or K def like mine. My issue was lockout. A good 3x flush solved my issue.
IE: 10 gal pot flushed with 20 to 30 gals of fresh water in my driveway. Lol.

To me that says for sure it's a lockout caused by an excess of something. Imho its likely calcium or nitrogen causing a lock. But again, I'm no expert, just my thoughts on it.

N and Ca excess can lock shit up fast. In particular P and K.
Lol, I'm a researching mofo here too. Sometimes I just gotta know the answer. Well, only 99% of the time. Lmfao.
I don't think it would be a calcium issue, as I haven't even added calmag yet... megacrop is high in N tho, stop that could be it.

But I do know for sure the roots were fucked on both these plants. The roots were all clumped together looking like a fucking dog turd lol.

Texagonian

Outlaw
This it? @Texagonian
Recipe for eliminating pthogens.

5 gallon bucket
2 air stones
4 gallons of ro water
Good air pump.

Mix 30 ml of hydroguard
1 scoop of great white benneficial bacteria
25 ml of high brix molasses

Put air stones in there and turn on and run for 36 hrs. Should be no molasses smell before you put in your res. Will smell real earthy and be the color of tea.

Add 3 cups per gallon on a new res and 1 cup per gallon every 3 days
Add the same to top off res.
Top feed new plants once every week till things get going.

This has been the only thing that has kept my plant roots healthy and no issues.
Yes sir, that’s the one!

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
That’s my main concern with megacrop. One part is great and it has some additional things like silica and amino acids and b1 I believe. Not looking at my bag at the moment. I am curious what ppm the bucket is sitting at currently. Hygrozyme is and excellent product and I’ve actually been using the flying skull z1 enzymes which is a 2 part and is super concentrated. Good stuff bro! Research and experienced support system and all should be good.
Oh yea, I forgot to mention, when the problems started, I was sitting at around .4 or .5 EC, then bumped up to .7

Texagonian

Outlaw
Thanks yougrow. Keep in mind a couple things:
- where it says 3 cups per gallon in a new res and 1 cup per gallon every 3 days. It's every TEN gallons. Clarified this with H, because it seemed like a lot but luckily it didn't hurt the plants it seemed.
- this is NOT the "Heisenberg Tea" that is found on the farm (I don't have an acct there but found it on the web). It is by a guy with that name and is not H. That one has more stuff like Mammoth I think. Haven't tried it but it seems a bit more expensive.
- depending on your res size and how much your plants are drinking, 4 gallons at a time may be a bit much. I started making a half batch then storing in the fridge. Clear water bottles (PET plastic) are better than milk gallon style bottles (HDPE plastic, will leech more). If it smells sour, it's bad. Should smell earthy like a fresh bag of rooters or happy frog. Will last weeks in the fridge as opposed to 1 day at room temp.
- hi-brix molasses. I bought a gallon but that's gonna last me for years. Maybe quart is better. Wipe off bottle if any dribbles cuz ants love that shit.
- gallon hydroguard is cheapest. After I crack it open I put some plastic wrap over the hole then the cap to get a bit more of a seal. Maybe a little Teflon tape on the threads. Keep in a cool place. Toss a bit of hydroguard in the RO collection can every 3 or 4 days

The main idea here is to maintain a decent population of good beneficial bacteria in the colony. The molasses is to feed the bacteria. I've also put bennie tea straight in the epi bucket to get that quick recharge if I see or feel something is off. I used to measure but like many things I just eyeball now. I was going to go sterile with the F&D's bit am still apprehensive.
This clarification is good to know and I recall us having a conversation about the adjustment. I also have just been eyeballing the tea and dump about 4 cups in my f&d once a week and stuff is spot on. Good stuff bro!

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
- where it says 3 cups per gallon in a new res and 1 cup per gallon every 3 days. It's every TEN gallons. Clarified this with H, because it seemed like a lot but luckily it didn't hurt the plants it seemed.
- this is NOT the "Heisenberg Tea" that is found on the farm (I don't have an acct there but found it on the web). It is by a guy with that name and is not H. That one has more stuff like Mammoth I think. Haven't tried it but it seems a bit more expensive.
- depending on your res size and how much your plants are drinking, 4 gallons at a time may be a bit much. I started making a half batch then storing in the fridge. Clear water bottles (PET plastic) are better than milk gallon style bottles (HDPE plastic, will leech more). If it smells sour, it's bad. Should smell earthy like a fresh bag of rooters or happy frog. Will last weeks in the fridge as opposed to 1 day at room temp.
- hi-brix molasses. I bought a gallon but that's gonna last me for years. Maybe quart is better. Wipe off bottle if any dribbles cuz ants love that shit.
- gallon hydroguard is cheapest. After I crack it open I put some plastic wrap over the hole then the cap to get a bit more of a seal. Maybe a little Teflon tape on the threads. Keep in a cool place. Toss a bit of hydroguard in the RO collection can every 3 or 4 days

The main idea here is to maintain a decent population of good beneficial bacteria in the colony. The molasses is to feed the bacteria. I've also put bennie tea straight in the epi bucket to get that quick recharge if I see or feel something is off. I used to measure but like many things I just eyeball now. I was going to go sterile with the F&D's bit am still apprehensive.
Scratch the ant thing I misspoke about that part. Still good to wipe the bottle cuz it's sticky messy.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Well, at least these 2 are doing me proud... kinda. These are the mystery beans. I can't even really give an educated guess to which ones they are lol.

And I got my shit ordered for the tea. Everything except the damn molasses is coming tomorrow. I have had trouble finding unsulfered blackstrap molasses in stores near me.

View attachment 20854
You can use honey as well.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Well, at least these 2 are doing me proud... kinda. These are the mystery beans. I can't even really give an educated guess to which ones they are lol.

And I got my shit ordered for the tea. Everything except the damn molasses is coming tomorrow. I have had trouble finding unsulfered blackstrap molasses in stores near me.

View attachment 20854
Your hydro store should have hi-brix. I think Trader Joes has blackstrap.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower

Hey @spyralout when u say it's every ten gallons, u mean 3 cups for every ten gallons in a new res, and then 1 cup for every ten gallons after that?

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Hey @spyralout when u say it's every ten gallons, u mean 3 cups for every ten gallons in a new res, and then 1 cup for every ten gallons after that?
That's correct. It doesn't seem to hurt if you're over either cuz ar first I did it for almost every gallon but my gut told me to hold back a bit. I asked about it in a couple threads but didn't get an answer until H noticed and said whoops! Lol
I'm curious to see your winter RDWC results. I don't think you've run it in the winter yet? Your basement floor seems like it might get pretty cold so a built in chiller of sorts. Cold water holds more dissolved oxygen. My intention (with chiller) is to get that fucker down to 62* and ride between 62* and 64* then see how far I can get with packing nutes. I expect your winter results to be significantly better than summer just for this reason alone.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
That's correct. It doesn't seem to hurt if you're over either cuz ar first I did it for almost every gallon but my gut told me to hold back a bit. I asked about it in a couple threads but didn't get an answer until H noticed and said whoops! Lol
I'm curious to see your winter RDWC results. I don't think you've run it in the winter yet? Your basement floor seems like it might get pretty cold so a built in chiller of sorts. Cold water holds more dissolved oxygen. My intention (with chiller) is to get that fucker down to 62* and ride between 62* and 64* then see how far I can get with packing nutes. I expect your winter results to be significantly better than summer just for this reason alone.
Correct, I haven't run it in the winter yet. I am trying to get the ball rolling but damn im having trouble cloning lately... I usually have roots in about a week or less and i'm going on two weeks with no roots. They are under a different light than usual so not sure if that's the difference maker...

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Correct, I haven't run it in the winter yet. I am trying to get the ball rolling but damn im having trouble cloning lately... I usually have roots in about a week or less and i'm going on two weeks with no roots. They are under a different light than usual so not sure if that's the difference maker...
What's your preferred method?
I'm waiting only on bulkheads. Those things take the longest to arrive. And oh yea fuck ULINE shipping they gotta step up their game in that area. It cost almost as much to ship 5 buckets and lids as it does 15. I woulda got more for the next system but money was better used elsewhere atm and I wanna try one of those blowes square buckets.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
What's your preferred method?
I'm waiting only on bulkheads. Those things take the longest to arrive. And oh yea fuck ULINE shipping they gotta step up their game in that area. It cost almost as much to ship 5 buckets and lids as it does 15. I woulda got more for the next system but money was better used elsewhere atm and I wanna try one of those blowes square buckets.
Lately, I have preferred just throwing them in my ez cloner, or whatever the fuck its called lol. Basically just a DWC. I just like being able to see as soon as it roots. I also like just sticking them in plugs and have had the same amount of success with this method, it just takes longer to see if they rooted.

I use the same technique for both. Cut at a 45 on the node, then dip in clonex, then into the plug or ez cloner.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Whoa.... am I retarded to think that the water wouldn't leak out of this bucket? Apparently the air stone sucked the water UP, defied gravity, and shot it up over the side and out that tube lol. I dunno, it's weird to my dumbass lol
View attachment 20936
That's exactly what happened to me when I upgraded my air stones. The hose from the manifold fell off the pump, water siphoned out everywhere and emptied the res. I had my pump on the floor at the time. I put a bucket in there and set it on top, above the water line just in case.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
That's exactly what happened to me when I upgraded my air stones. The hose from the manifold fell off the pump, water siphoned out everywhere and emptied the res. I had my pump on the floor at the time. I put a bucket in there and set it on top, above the water line just in case.
Yea, I probably need to elevate my pumps too, just in case... I didn't realize it would siphon it out like that... I didn't even know what really happened at first, til I refilled it and seen it in action lol. Pretty cool to watch tho. Weird tho, the blue one didn't do it, but the black one sucked the water right out quick as hell

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Yea, I probably need to elevate my pumps too, just in case... I didn't realize it would siphon it out like that... I didn't even know what really happened at first, til I refilled it and seen it in action lol. Pretty cool to watch tho. Weird tho, the blue one didn't do it, but the black one sucked the water right out quick as hell
Maybe it's their positions. Notice how your blue line is curled deep in the bucket then up out. The end outside the bucket is below the water line but looks curled upward. The black line has a straight shot up and out.

Texagonian

Outlaw