SoLow's never ending thread

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
What's up y'all. Checking out this new site and I really like it. I have so many different things going on, I thought I would just put it all here in one place.

I just got 3 of these qbs tonight, so I am kinda busy, but i will update soon with more info and pics. I am in the process of transitioning from soil to RDWC, and i got some new lights, so things are getting pretty interesting.

I will update more shortly. Here is what I'm putting together right now.
20190314_174313.jpg

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Luck!! One thing you will note is unless you got a really big unit, the output is kind of a dribble, lol. One way around that is a booster pump and a large pressure tank. I have a 20 gallon and it's *just* enough to get 5 gallons at a time at full pressure.
Yea I ended up just hooking a float valve up to it, running into a 40 gallon tote. That way I always have plenty on hand. I may actually get a larger barrel or something in the future, cuz it is pretty slow lol

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Yea I ended up just hooking a float valve up to it, running into a 40 gallon tote. That way I always have plenty on hand. I may actually get a larger barrel or something in the future, cuz it is pretty slow lol
That's what I do. Make sure you get the uv sterilizer for your barrel. I use a 55 gallon and have a pump hooked up in the bottom. It contlstantly recirculated to keep the nasties from multiplying

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
That's what I do. Make sure you get the uv sterilizer for your barrel. I use a 55 gallon and have a pump hooked up in the bottom. It contlstantly recirculated to keep the nasties from multiplying
I have uv light on my ro. Do you think the uv on my ro system would be sufficient? Or do you think the barrel needs one too? I was thinking recirculate it and maybe add a little hydroguard or something?

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Snapped a few pics tonight. I am doing better in hydro than I thought I would. I had a few issues and learned some lessons. I had this one plant, and I finally got its brown, nasty roots back to being big, beautiful, white roots. Then found out it was a male. Oh well, it was still cool to watch the roots recover.
20190322_204925.jpg20190322_204932.jpg20190322_205200.jpg20190322_204943.jpg20190322_205151.jpg20190322_205032.jpg

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Nice looking ladies, wish I could get some more QBs, I've got a hlg 135w 3000k in my 2x2x4, temps range from upper 70s to low 80s! Love the QBs though, bright as hell with great coverage.
Thanks bro! And yea im definitely loving the QBs so far. They run real cool tho. I barely got over low 70s when I switched to them. But it will be badass in the summer. I was almost hitting the 90s last summer on my first grow. I was using a gavita 6/750 de. I'll probably stick with that in the winter months.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Here is how my tent is looking now. All 3 are uzi cookies, a cross between ak47 and cookies n cream. One is about 2 weeks behind but is not stretching much. Is a week or two into flower and the node spacing is staying nice and tight.

And, being new to hydro, I have been scared of getting nute burn and overfeeding, so I have been slow to ramp up my feedings. I think it has caused me a deficiency. They seem real hungry and will sometimes jump down 100 ppm overnight, so I bumped them up to around 700 ppm for now to see how it goes.

20190401_184025.jpg20190401_182821.jpg20190401_182828.jpg20190401_182840.jpg20190401_182919.jpg