SoLow's never ending thread

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I tried sanding a yellow tote lid and it still didn't stick. The tape idea is good too thanks @yougrowyourway. Yea I wanna build another one too hopefully around tax time. Next time at Lowes can you do a comparison between the commander and craftsman? Craftsman has latches. I will do one too then we can compare notes lol.
Hey @spyralout and @SoLowDoughLow i was just thinking on the light blocking tote lid. Just set some thing on top of the lid the same size. Lots of light wight stuff that would block the light. You could use like something as simple as a piece of cardboard the same size as the lid. Sounds like a easy solution as long as you don't forget to put it on. Maybe tape it on. Just some more options to think about.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Hey @spyralout and @SoLowDoughLow i was just thinking on the light blocking tote lid. Just set some thing on top of the lid the same size. Lots of light wight stuff that would block the light. You could use like something as simple as a piece of cardboard the same size as the lid. Sounds like a easy solution as long as you don't forget to put it on. Maybe tape it on. Just some more options to think about.
Thanks Capt. Jesse had the expanded cell foam panel idea, that might be good too, and could kill two birds with one stone (insulation, block light). Just remember that it gets wet easy tinkering around in there, so we don't want to risk anything molding.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Btw I saw these at lowes and thought hmm :unsure:

View attachment 19046

View attachment 19047

Not sure how they stack up vs ULINE buckets. The plastic is harder, it won't bow/flex (lol 💪) and the price is right with lid. Also no shipping. ULINE shipping is expensive, they use freight because the buckets are bulky. WhyTF do all these buckets and totes that are the perfect size have see through lids?! You'd think it would be cheaper to use the same black material. All spray paint I've used comes off ("great for all plastics" my ass)
Those buckets are bitchin! No joke on uline, I thought I’d be all smart and just stop in and pick them up when I went to Seattle one weekend and found out the bastards charge a pick up fee. It was cheaper to get them shipped. That commander looks to be the shiz! Cheaper than uline too after you buy the lid and shipping. 🍻😎

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Those buckets are bitchin! No joke on uline, I thought I’d be all smart and just stop in and pick them up when I went to Seattle one weekend and found out the bastards charge a pick up fee. It was cheaper to get them shipped. That commander looks to be the shiz! Cheaper than uline too after you buy the lid and shipping. 🍻😎
Lol they always have inventory on stock and next or same day delivery of needed, unbelievable. They still get you on pickup lmao bastards get theirs any way they can. I need to buy from them to match my current setup, but if I find a good way to lightproof the yellow lids the commander looks to be the one.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Thanks Capt. Jesse had the expanded cell foam panel idea, that might be good too, and could kill two birds with one stone (insulation, block light). Just remember that it gets wet easy tinkering around in there, so we don't want to risk anything molding.
This won’t help with insulation but panda film white side up and it’s plastic. Wrap it over the lid and cut out the hole to match. You could use spray adhesive and it’d be like doing upholstery work on a door panel or headliner.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Lol they always have inventory on stock and next or same day delivery of needed, unbelievable. They still get you on pickup lmao bastards get theirs any way they can. I need to buy from them to match my current setup, but if I find a good way to lightproof the yellow lids the commander looks to be the one.
Yeah, that shit had me coming through the phone when the gal on the other end told me that. Crazy! I may grab a few of those commanders and make another to compare. If they are thicker I may be screwed on the bulkheads because I cut them for the uline buckets 🤬

Texagonian

Outlaw
@SoLowDoughLow sorry to hear about your job sir. That sucks royally! Just a quick 2cents about legal states. I live in one and while I can grow and go get shit faced drunk I can’t smoke because my employer has a zero tolerance policy and the way they enforce it is by making those of us not working admin have to have a cdl. It’s tough to grow and not sample the fruits of your labor but I’m 25 years out from retiring so at this point it’s all I can do. Stay up and good luck with the job prospects. Just wanted you to know you’re not alone if you end up having to stop burning ✌🏻😎

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
@SoLowDoughLow sorry to hear about your job sir. That sucks royally! Just a quick 2cents about legal states. I live in one and while I can grow and go get shit faced drunk I can’t smoke because my employer has a zero tolerance policy and the way they enforce it is by making those of us not working admin have to have a cdl. It’s tough to grow and not sample the fruits of your labor but I’m 25 years out from retiring so at this point it’s all I can do. Stay up and good luck with the job prospects. Just wanted you to know you’re not alone if you end up having to stop burning ✌🏻😎
Thanks a lot man! That really sucks they are like that even in legal states... its like "yea you can smoke, but only if you don't have a job! "

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Thanks a lot man! That really sucks they are like that even in legal states... its like "yea you can smoke, but only if you don't have a job! "
Lol what if your job was to smoke, like a quality tester? Then you get pee tested by corporate and. get canned lol.
Reminds me of something the owner of my company asked during mandatory sexual harassment training with HR. This topic is very sensitive in corporate America. He raises his hand in the middle of training and asks, "What if you work at a sex toy company and you're sending emails stating specific dimensions about a part and someone takes it the wrong way?" Silence. LMAO!

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
How can u tell?
@SoLowDoughLow can you get employment as a welder somewhere they do not do testing? Or is that out of the question? Testing for cannabis is so wrong in a lot of positions. I can see certain positions would be sensitive. Mine for example was people were paying me money to fish and i never took that safety responsibility lightly. But when i got off the boat that was my time and i would blaze a big one. Still could have lost my license if i were to come up positive on a test. You can bet your sweet ass those testing companies have high paid lobbyists working in DC to try to keep them going.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
@SoLowDoughLow can you get employment as a welder somewhere they do not do testing? Or is that out of the question? Testing for cannabis is so wrong in a lot of positions. I can see certain positions would be sensitive. Mine for example was people were paying me money to fish and i never took that safety responsibility lightly. But when i got off the boat that was my time and i would blaze a big one. Still could have lost my license if i were to come up positive on a test. You can bet your sweet ass those testing companies have high paid lobbyists working in DC to try to keep them going.
I haven't found one yet but i'm sure looking... they told me if it was like alcohol they wouldn't care, but they can't tell if you smoked 5 hours ago or 5 days ago. I think that's a big obstacle when it comes to cannabis users and employment urinalysis...

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I haven't found one yet but i'm sure looking... they told me if it was like alcohol they wouldn't care, but they can't tell if you smoked 5 hours ago or 5 days ago. I think that's a big obstacle when it comes to cannabis users and employment urinalysis...
Too bad you can't give them a demonstration . Here you want to see a nice weld. I will be back from break in ten minuets. Welding is probably like painting just damn boring without getting high.LOL