SoLow's never ending thread

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Well, after the last few days with my new bluelab, I have decided to ditch the different ppm scales and I am basing all my decisions off the EC now. And while I was worried of not having quite the same accuracy, I kind of prefer it lol.

Also, for anyone interested, I got 9 zips off bridezilla, and 5 off wedding cake. WC had 5 main colas, each one was an oz!
Interesting on the EC, why do you prefer it?
And wow, awesome job on the yield, over half lb on one plant? Super nice (y)

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Interesting on the EC, why do you prefer it?
And wow, awesome job on the yield, over half lb on one plant? Super nice (y)
A few different reasons I like it...

1. No confusion as to which scale, which has importance, especially when mixing nutes and following charts. Example - mega crop calls for 1.5 ec in flower.... eliminates confusing my stoned ass 😂

2. It's not as accurate which I actually kinda like. Before, my ppm would raise or drop like 10 or 20, and I felt the need to adjust. Now, my ec won't change with something so minor, and I don't adjust anything, which seems to be working just as well, and it's easier

And thanks! I was not expecting to yield that much! No larf either!

Well, after the last few days with my new bluelab, I have decided to ditch the different ppm scales and I am basing all my decisions off the EC now. And while I was worried of not having quite the same accuracy, I kind of prefer it lol.

Also, for anyone interested, I got 9 zips off bridezilla, and 5 off wedding cake. WC had 5 main colas, each one was an oz!
Really curious about your review on the bridezilla so far? It’s the main one I’m looking at running next in my garden. Great yield for 1 plant with no topping! Some finished pics would be awesome too lol. How would you describe the nose on it as well?

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
A few different reasons I like it...

1. No confusion as to which scale, which has importance, especially when mixing nutes and following charts. Example - mega crop calls for 1.5 ec in flower.... eliminates confusing my stoned ass 😂

2. It's not as accurate which I actually kinda like. Before, my ppm would raise or drop like 10 or 20, and I felt the need to adjust. Now, my ec won't change with something so minor, and I don't adjust anything, which seems to be working just as well, and it's easier

And thanks! I was not expecting to yield that much! No larf either!
Sounds like some sound “in the field” experience. I’ll give it a go on this round. I’ve been running on PPM and I’m not going to lie; switching meters has been an uphill battle with the PPM due to vast difference between the two readings. I became dialed in with the cheap one, even most likely being off. After being set on those numbers, these new numbers racked my brain all of the last cycle. I like simple

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Really curious about your review on the bridezilla so far? It’s the main one I’m looking at running next in my garden. Great yield for 1 plant with no topping! Some finished pics would be awesome too lol. How would you describe the nose on it as well?
The nose on it is very strong, mostly grapefruit, and a little peach mixed in. Mt wife said it smelled like peach tea.

It's more of a nighttime smoke for me, but I've been known to toke it during the day lol. Not for motivation, more for relaxation.

I'll try n get some pics up when I get home tonight

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Sounds like some sound “in the field” experience. I’ll give it a go on this round. I’ve been running on PPM and I’m not going to lie; switching meters has been an uphill battle with the PPM due to vast difference between the two readings. I became dialed in with the cheap one, even most likely being off. After being set on those numbers, these new numbers racked my brain all of the last cycle. I like simple
Yep, I went through basically the exact same shit lol. Had 2 cheap meters, both a different scale, and both started getting wacky readings too, almost like bouncing between the scales or something.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Agree with @Phylex here. Good field experience. The "more precise" readings for PPM for lack of a better term get in my head too. Like day trading 401K lol, will drive you crazy. My meter always has the probes submerged so it's like a dashboard, in some ways makes it worse by making me wanna tweak it all the time. But overall really handy. I will need some pens in the future though cuz I won't be able to use the meter for a bunch of different pots in another room as easy.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
@spyralout i'm at work, but my wife said the package came!! I can't thank you enough for your generosity and I'll be sure to pay it forward! We have a great community here for sure! View attachment 16971
Awesome it came earlier than expected!! Hope you enjoy. Btw those gloves that come with the kits are the shitty cafeteria kind, I suggest using the blue kind.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Agree with @Phylex here. Good field experience. The "more precise" readings for PPM for lack of a better term get in my head too. Like day trading 401K lol, will drive you crazy. My meter always has the probes submerged so it's like a dashboard, in some ways makes it worse by making me wanna tweak it all the time. But overall really handy. I will need some pens in the future though cuz I won't be able to use the meter for a bunch of different pots in another room as easy.
Yes! More precise! That's the term I was looking for! Lmfao. I said more accurate, which was kind of misleading...

The nose on it is very strong, mostly grapefruit, and a little peach mixed in. Mt wife said it smelled like peach tea.

It's more of a nighttime smoke for me, but I've been known to toke it during the day lol. Not for motivation, more for relaxation.

Very interesting, never had something that smelled like that. Getting me excited to try it

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨

So far we're getting heavy coffee, chocolate, and a lemon that stays strong in the nostrils then breathes out with a clean acetone backend (not the scented nail polish remover). Did you ever get that? Maybe our phenos are different or mine might change smell after drying.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
So far we're getting heavy coffee, chocolate, and a lemon that stays strong in the nostrils then breathes out with a clean acetone backend (not the scented nail polish remover). Did you ever get that? Maybe our phenos are different or mine might change smell after drying.
Never got any chocolate or coffee smells but for a while it was straight lemon. I suppose it's still there a little bit but it kinda combined with other smells and it's more grapefruit now

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Like finished-finished? Chop just those plants and let it ride on the rest? Im gonna do that for mine soon.
Yea, I probably will. I just wanted to flush her good tho. I guess I could set her in her own bucket if I really wanted to...

In other news...
Peyote critical bastard
20190807_172402.jpg

Mexicans aka beaners
20190807_172414.jpg

Blunt force trauma from @Phylex
20190807_172430.jpg

Got some other things going on. May be adding more space BAHAHAHA