Skunk Hunters

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
People didn't smoke just the leaves, but there were a lot more sugar leaves mixed in with the buds. The stuff around today isn't the same cuts from 40 years ago. Not even close. Breeders are just now starting to try to bring some of that stuff back. The potency wasn't there back in the day and the vast majority of the US population didn't have access to the best of the best back then. Most people got stuck with brick weed and had no idea what the cultivar was that they were smoking. We just got "weed".
yep!

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I am almost out of my own stash until the next harvest. I went to four different dispos to get flower. When medical started it was $53 an eighth. It is now $12 an eighth at a few of them. These are all well known strains. They just were not grown/cured well. I have thrown better weed in the trash can. Nothing I purchased comes even close to the Skunk we had in the 90s. Maybe some hillbillys just grew better skunk weed than others. I kept my skunk in a film canister, remember those?

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I am almost out of my own stash until the next harvest. I went to four different dispos to get flower. When medical started it was $53 an eighth. It is now $12 an eighth at a few of them. These are all well known strains. They just were not grown/cured well. I have thrown better weed in the trash can. Nothing I purchased comes even close to the Skunk we had in the 90s. Maybe some hillbillys just grew better skunk weed than others. I kept my skunk in a film canister, remember those?
I will never go to a dispensary.
I'll quit cannabis before I give them one red cent of my money.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
a lot of peps used film canisters less smell and you didn;t crush your stash.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I went to the dispo in search of something different . In hopes by now they have gotten their grows dialed in. I usually get concentrates and vape carts to be low key while I am working. But this time I got some flower too. I got some lemon Froze, cream cake mints, runtz, sundae mints, apple fritter garlotti, queso, all around 20%THC based on the best bud they could find to run the test on. The bud tender told me the lemon froze was going to be the "top shelf" it looks the part but taste like burning plastic. Probably the best of all was the runtz, it had smell and flavor. the others were straight trash. In my state you dont get to see or smell what you are buying until you get in your car. The thing is they could have been grown and cured much better. It is so dry it crumbles in your fingers before putting it in the grinder. it has hardly any smell. That could be the difference in someone trying these strains for the first time and saying they lack potency and flavor. The thing is they have dropped prices so low the Black market is dried up. People love the low prices. They think they are getting "top shelf" because the bud tender told them that, and they dont know any better. That is how standards are lowered. I cant remember the last time I got an ounce of "top shelf' or any other weed for less than $100... I would pay top dollar for an ounce of some sticky stinky fat juicy skunk bud right now! it was $60 a quarter back in the day and worth every penny.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I went to the dispo in search of something different . In hopes by now they have gotten their grows dialed in. I usually get concentrates and vape carts to be low key while I am working. But this time I got some flower too. I got some lemon Froze, cream cake mints, runtz, sundae mints, apple fritter garlotti, queso, all around 20%THC based on the best bud they could find to run the test on. The bud tender told me the lemon froze was going to be the "top shelf" it looks the part but taste like burning plastic. Probably the best of all was the runtz, it had smell and flavor. the others were straight trash. In my state you dont get to see or smell what you are buying until you get in your car. The thing is they could have been grown and cured much better. It is so dry it crumbles in your fingers before putting it in the grinder. it has hardly any smell. That could be the difference in someone trying these strains for the first time and saying they lack potency and flavor. The thing is they have dropped prices so low the Black market is dried up. People love the low prices. They think they are getting "top shelf" because the bud tender told them that, and they dont know any better. That is how standards are lowered. I cant remember the last time I got an ounce of "top shelf' or any other weed for less than $100... I would pay top dollar for an ounce of some sticky stinky fat juicy skunk bud right now! it was $60 a quarter back in the day and worth every penny.
The only people who think they are getting top shelf are those who haven’t had actual top shelf. Flower in my state is still around $300/oz before adding 20% in taxes and friends of mine have offered to pay me dispo prices for my flower and have said they’d rather the money go towards my grows than to the state and dispos who push lower quality flower. Most people are perfectly happy with dispo flower, though. Think of them as the Bud Light drinkers of the beer world.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The only people who think they are getting top shelf are those who haven’t had actual top shelf. Flower in my state is still around $300/oz before adding 20% in taxes and friends of mine have offered to pay me dispo prices for my flower and have said they’d rather the money go towards my grows than to the state and dispos who push lower quality flower. Most people are perfectly happy with dispo flower, though. Think of them as the Bud Light drinkers of the beer world.
i have to agree@TreeFarmerCharlie!
back in the day a cat i knew traded a 77 T/A,4 speed car (less than a year old) for 3lbs (skunk) ,new wife left him about 6 months in , he drove a honda civic for , about the next 6 or 8 years . i picked him several times( car broke down) allways wondered why the grease on his hands was so thick, it had dirt underneath!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
They don't make them like they used to.
you got that right i see rigs that are 2002 to 2014's already rusting out over rear wheel wells ,rocker panels rusted the lenght of the cab . My old 82 3/4ton 4x4 is in a lot better shape metal wise than a lot of new stuff the 400 small block just don't spin as fast as a new model engine!still my go to pull truck, does better than the 93 1/2 ton( it's 1 of the dud engines i even gasket matched the heads and intake ported and polished the runners !