Skunk Hunters

Skunks are growing fine. About half of them have thick greasy stalks and fat leaves, thats where the stench will come from in my case. Curiously some attract gold flies..

Attachments

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Skunks are growing fine. About half of them have thick greasy stalks and fat leaves, thats where the stench will come from in my case. Curiously some attract gold flies..
You might give them a dose of Epsom salts to help absorb more N. Will help the leaf to withstand the bites better.
I've been using an insecticidal soap (Ecosense Brand) with 1% fatty acids and 10% sulphur and it has helped a bunch with the biting pests.

You might give them a dose of Epsom salts to help absorb more N. Will help the leaf to withstand the bites better.
I've been using an insecticidal soap (Ecosense Brand) with 1% fatty acids and 10% sulphur and it has helped a bunch with the biting pests.
I like the idea. Couple days ago I sprayed a mix of water and sulphur on them just in case there's powdery mildew lurking.

Another patch not too far from this one has chem D cuts and hashplants growing. The Chem is starting to show varigation more and more so I was planning to hit those with epsom salt next week. I'll treat the skunk too in the same trip 🤙

For a more immediate effect I recommend foliar feeding them some calmag at 15ml/l. I use Athena IPM to prevent powdery mildew and bugs.
Thanks for the tips.
They are fed ag osmocote, the recent heavy rain fall must have depleted what's immediately available to them, a temporary situation me think.
Due to the number of plants, I have to favor dry elements for cost efficiency 😁

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Thanks for the tips.
They are fed ag osmocote, the recent heavy rain fall must have depleted what's immediately available to them, a temporary situation me think.
Due to the number of plants, I have to favor dry elements for cost efficiency 😁
Biting pest aren't damaging the nice green plants.
I had a bunch that were stressed from being in the same container and the sap suckers were eating them up,
so I treated them the same and the pests are leaving them alone now.
I think it has to do with your Brix level.
Gotta keep them plants healthy as you can early on, it pays off in the end.
Maybe harvest you some of that "Bragging Rights Skunk" everyone's looking for.

Biting pest aren't damaging the nice green plants.
I had a bunch that were stressed from being in the same container and the sap suckers were eating them up,
so I treated them the same and the pests are leaving them alone now.
I think it has to do with your Brix level.
Gotta keep them plants healthy as you can early on, it pays off in the end.
Maybe harvest you some of that "Bragging Rights Skunk" everyone's looking for.
I do what I can with what I have...

I'm a down to earth regular dude. These seeds fell on my lap and no way I could grow 140 plants indoors. I show what grows out this line to maybe get pointers from old timers but will be the first to tell it like it is. If they're crap ill say so, if they're skunk or something else that's what I'll report.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
For a more immediate effect I recommend foliar feeding them some calmag at 15ml/l. I use Athena IPM to prevent powdery mildew and bugs.
I foliar feed one or two times a day up until the bud clusters are finger to thumb nail size. (If the environment will allow.)
Plus, it makes them more pliable to manipulate into open flower positions without worrying so much with snapping stems.
I hate nets. I spin my plants.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I do what I can with what I have...

I'm a down to earth regular dude. These seeds fell on my lap and no way I could grow 140 plants indoors. I show what grows out this line to maybe get pointers from old timers but will be the first to tell it like it is. If they're crap ill say so, if they're skunk or something else that's what I'll report.
those kinds of reviews i like@William baker

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
No skunk smells as far as I can tell.. the more odorous ones smell like black hash right now.

I was hoping the fat leaved girls would stink but they all kinda smell the same.

I'm not disappointed though 🙂
No skunk smells as far as I can tell.. the more odorous ones smell like black hash right now.

I was hoping the fat leaved girls would stink but they all kinda smell the same.

I'm not disappointed though 🙂
That Skunk is a little more "illusive" than people realize.
I doubt if there is any pure cultivars left in the weed world.
I only been getting a Cat Piss pheno every now and then when I grow out these old seed of mine.
Majority seem to be Skunk#1 line but I haven't found my good Skunk seed yet.
The "Cat Piss" has a dash of Haze in it from my experience. Haze has been known to throw Ammonia scents at times.
I honestly think people are looking in the wrong place for the "putrid" stuff.
Just my opinion.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I only been getting a Cat Piss pheno every now and then when I grow out these old seed of mine.
The "Cat Piss" has a dash of Haze in it from my experience. Haze has been known to throw Ammonia scents at times.
Just my opinion.
I have said it elsewhere, and maybe here too. But the skunk wasn't really that great. My weed experience started in the late 70's and early 80's during the very beginnings of the war on drugs. We had brick weed from mexico and elsewhere as a staple, and most was OK - it got you high. Yeah there were stems and seeds, but it was all about the dry and cure pre-compression. If the resin glands get squished and soak into the veg matter, that was fine because we smoked everything but stems and seeds. Peopaply kept and smoked a lot more foliage than we do now days.

At that time skunky weed was some of the first local-ish, non-compressed weed that came around. It was still transported in turkey bags and fold-n-close baggies. I think zip-locks came after. Anyway - that storage along with how/where it was grown had something to do with the skunk aroma - but it was also not that potent of a flower.

As soon as the indoor prohib growing and breeding started taking off, better weed was then more available. I think Skunk went away because there is much better weed. People keep cuts of good weed - or at least make more seed. Especially in the drug war era when all weed was good, and exceptional weed brought $$$. This was also during the era when High Times started caring about weed more, and rating flower based on popular opinion and "experts".

Just my opinion.
I agree, the skunk is a unicorn at this point. If it wasn't for this particular line, I honestly would not waste time and space looking for it, but I found at least one stank skunk in a previous run who turned out to be male. I don't know how rare it is, did I find the one in a million plant and trashed it? Maybe 🙃

I have said it elsewhere, and maybe here too. But the skunk wasn't really that great. My weed experience started in the late 70's and early 80's during the very beginnings of the war on drugs. We had brick weed from mexico and elsewhere as a staple, and most was OK - it got you high. Yeah there were stems and seeds, but it was all about the dry and cure pre-compression. If the resin glands get squished and soak into the veg matter, that was fine because we smoked everything but stems and seeds. Peopaply kept and smoked a lot more foliage than we do now days.

At that time skunky weed was some of the first local-ish, non-compressed weed that came around. It was still transported in turkey bags and fold-n-close baggies. I think zip-locks came after. Anyway - that storage along with how/where it was grown had something to do with the skunk aroma - but it was also not that potent of a flower.

As soon as the indoor prohib growing and breeding started taking off, better weed was then more available. I think Skunk went away because there is much better weed. People keep cuts of good weed - or at least make more seed. Especially in the drug war era when all weed was good, and exceptional weed brought $$$. This was also during the era when High Times started caring about weed more, and rating flower based on popular opinion and "experts".
I know a lot of people claim it was too damn potent, and possibly later crosses had a good kick but you're not the first I hear say it wasn't that good. Cool smell and taste with meh potency.

Tom hill said a decade ago that something in skunk is antagonistic to potency. Which I found fascinating. Back when he was trying different mating combos to bring some skunk back, he eventually said "I've never seen this before, it's like the genotype doesn't want to exist"

Doesn't matter, my open pollination is well on its way and I'll be popping them by the hundreds inside until one of two things happen. 1) I find a majestic skunk or 2) I run out of seeds