Show off your frosty girls

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Boredom and a long term idea. I want to make a compost specifically to age for a long time and try using for a grow in about a year. I put together a little bit of everything using 2g of Oly Mountain compost as a base. I ground up the malted barley in the pic, and the corn will be sprouted to add moisture once everything is in there. One bucket has furry sticks from the tops of ancient oaks from a recent storm, the other has chopped up weed stems and leaves mostly dry. Insect frass, kelp, bio-char, bokashi, crustacean meal, rice hulls, barley straw from BaS and home-grown, a little bit of fish hydro, and some micronutrients and rock dust.
View attachment 104182
But I really want it to have some local terior and see if that's worth investing in. It's warm and rainy so I got an assortment of yard-shrooms, moss and pourous rocks, a whole dandelion that popped up, some old rotted oak that was dead many years before it fell, and a lambs ear just because it was fresh and new.
View attachment 104183
The only thing I want to add is a batch of loosely sifted castings/compost with most of the big worms sifted out but all the little wigglers and any other critters left in. I'll mix it all up good and water the sprouted corn in with just enough water to keep the worms happy. Maybe some plain shredded paper bedding for some added neutral carbon bulk.
I once put corn in my worm bin and forgot about it. When I opened it up, there was nothing but roots everywhere. lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I once put corn in my worm bin and forgot about it. When I opened it up, there was nothing but roots everywhere. lol
I'm butting it in the blender. I'll use some for the other plants too. That much corn sprouted then smoothied in a blender is good for a 5g bucket. I'll aerate it and strain it, then the worms get the pulp.

I have had some plants sprout in the castings that were one looooooooooooong stem - or taproot - growing a dark sealed tub.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I never count days. I'm not quite as "professional" as a lot of you all about time. I'd say around 9 weeks. I do have some quick flowering genetics mixed in. Around 8 weeks. Ever heard of T44?
There used to be a lot of less than 8 week strains floating around years ago.
To me, they were quick as a lot of autos being sold. We grew a lot of 90 day bud back in the 80's.
The skunk we grew in 70s-80s finished up end of August first week of sept we had hard frost first week of sept back then so it was perfect I would love to get my hands on some more....