Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I am certainly no expert on the matter of testing & although I have talked with the reps I have not used the service yet, but I have been checking into it for several years.

California compliance testing adds up, but I don’t need that, I was only after a potency test & possibly terpenes. A couple years back they told me about $150 for what I was after but after looking at their present site that has probably changed. They are looking more compliance oriented these days.

At the Santa Rosa Cannabis Cup last year I spoke in depth with Coastal Analytical, also close to home. I liked those guys, they had done the testing for the Cup awards. I was talking about hash testing not flowers, again about $150. He said about 1 gram sample for hash would do, they were wanting 4 grams of flower if I remember right. They told me to just drop on by with the sample. In reality they will be my first choice.

Also close by home is https://www.uschemlab.com/, I don’t know much about them but they are advertising $85 potency test.

I will check with all 3 when I get ready, all within a 20 min drive. I will share my findings.
Thanks for all the insight. Testing has seemed to come a long way in profiles and availability. Also sounds relatively more affordable.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I'm pretty certain I just found it. But it wasn't $25, it was $50 for a basic Cannabinoid test.

As I type this reply, I noticed their site is saying 4 gram samples. So now you have me questioning if my memory crossed information from two different places, or if I still need to keep looking. Because they're not in CA. I wonder if they were the first place I looked at from the search, and then I started searching for something intrastate. I know I could be wrong, because it happens, but I'd swear I found $25 for testing with 1 gram samples. (and in CA) I didn't burn it into memory because I'm not ready for it yet, and I didn't think I'd be talking about it so quickly. But like I mentioned before, I'll definitely circle back and let you know. I'm still not 100% convinced my memory was that far off. It can be bad at times, but my god, it shouldn't be that bad yet.
Now this is getting really interesting. Hope you find it man that would be super affordable.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Now this is getting really interesting. Hope you find it man that would be super affordable.
The sample flower size of 4 grams is a compliance thing as far as I remember.

One factor that may have changed was the delivery of the samples. That was why I focused on local, I was told pick up or drop off only, no mailing. Not sure if that is still the case everywhere or not.

I jsut looked up the pricing on Coastal Analytics. $99 for potency profile. Look at compliance pricing. $$$

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 11.44.27 AM.png

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
The sample flower size of 4 grams is a compliance thing as far as I remember.

One factor that may have changed was the delivery of the samples. That was why I focused on local, I was told pick up or drop off only, no mailing. Not sure if that is still the case everywhere or not.

I jsut looked up the pricing on Coastal Analytics. $99 for potency profile. Look at compliance pricing. $$$

View attachment 18546
Interesting. With the volume discount price tiers wonder if we could come up with a co-op of sorts to leverage that and make it more accessible/affordable.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
My magic beans from have arrived along with some generous goodies from @greatlakesgentics.

I am really enjoying my side by side grow with the chems which are getting stinky. I love it that @schwaggyp has the same penchant for the smelly dankness as I do. These should be interesting. Next side by side will be the HAOG vs the backcross. Hate that I will need to wait till next spring for that. that Citrus MILF from @HydroRed too. Dang.

I may run that Afghan Skunk indoors come winter, I have zero patience. Nada.

DSC04363.jpg

Whew, finally made it through the thread after a few days of reading.

I don't think it was mentioned that the RKS #5 is named after Sterling Massachusetts. Good 'ol Sterling Green.

Congrats on the successful drop Schwaggy! It's a real privilege and an honor to be able to check out these stinky creations. 😷😬
Thanks for taking the time to read through. Thank you, the privilege is mine for you making the space in your garden. 🌱

Yes!!!! Congrats on an awesome drop! Yay for more knowledge drop too, just read through the forum.

Picked up a pack of HH and the chem keseyxChristmas bud.
Missed the skunkyd by a minute, but I think I actually got something I will like very much the hells hypotonuse!

Wondering if any phenos of the HH don't put you to sleep or have they all been pretty devastating so far?

Would be looking forward to seeing more rks in the future also, obviously.

Wondering if we will see more cross with that earthy tasting hashplant? That sounds like something to fux with!

Glad to see you making us hit the F5 button now bud. Spectacular data accrued thus far.
Thank you! If there's a non-sedative pheno in the HH, I haven't experienced it. ;)

I'll be doing many Skunk related projects, currently hunting through Mr. Nice's "Shit" for a classic 'Skunk'.

I don't have any projects in mind with the Old School Hashplant, but who knows what'll happen in the future? Thanks for the support!

Has been super quiet, with such success i imagine mr schwaggy is a busy bee 🖒🖒🖒
Given the time investment of the drop (packing, writing, photography, testing, etc.) I fell behind on my general garden machine. It's been a hectic game of "catch-up". I'm a one-man-band with several flood tables in a staggered perpetual schedule, so harvest come every 10days or so. There is a section at literally every phase of growth/drying/need of trim, etc and now with a whole new section of responsibility (seeds). If I miss a beat, the to-do list becomes exponential. This is why I generally get on the forum early morning before the coffee kicks in. I'm starting to be able to pop up for air, so hopefully I'll be back to my usual posting frequency.

My magic beans from have arrived along with some generous goodies from @greatlakesgentics.

I am really enjoying my side by side grow with the chems which are getting stinky. I love it that @schwaggyp has the same penchant for the smelly dankness as I do. These should be interesting. Next side by side will be the HAOG vs the backcross. Hate that I will need to wait till next spring for that. that Citrus MILF from @HydroRed too. Dang.

I may run that Afghan Skunk indoors come winter, I have zero patience. Nada.
Awesome! Thanks for adding the beans to your stash. It's hard to beat GLG's goodies.

"Getting stinky" is what I like to hear. 👃
I'll be interested to see how the HAOG genetics do outside with the stretch ;). The Afghan Skunk cooperates nicely indoor with a low stress manageable canopy.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Given the time investment of the drop (packing, writing, photography, testing, etc.) I fell behind on my general garden machine. It's been a hectic game of "catch-up". I'm a one-man-band with several flood tables in a staggered perpetual schedule, so harvest come every 10days or so. There is a section at literally every phase of growth/drying/need of trim, etc and now with a whole new section of responsibility (seeds). If I miss a beat, the to-do list becomes exponential. This is why I generally get on the forum early morning before the coffee kicks in. I'm starting to be able to pop up for air, so hopefully I'll be back to my usual posting frequency.
Don't lie, You have to be back in the coffin before the Sun comes up, that's why no Schwaggy during the day , ever. :)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am so stoked man. Chem va in the cup. 4 seeds and i am getting girls. I can feel them draw to my harem of AWESOMEness

I am still left with 10 seeds to play with later when i have room. Thanks for the stoner dozen (14)
Or i will move a grow box and play with pollen. Lol. All girls is happening.

I have never had to sex a plant how newb is that. Time to learn something new.

Gelatin skeleton! Hehe! I love that! I'm pretty stoked your boxing the HA-OG all the way back. Never could understand why karma didn't go all the way with their's. Did you say you would be making some S1s also? Props on the work man!
Thanks! I do not have plans to S1 the HAOG, just the cube. I recently shucked some Chem D BX1 and debating whether or not to cube her out also.

I am so stoked man. Chem va in the cup. 4 seeds and i am getting girls. I can feel them draw to my harem of AWESOMEness

I am still left with 10 seeds to play with later when i have room. Thanks for the stoner dozen (14)
Or i will move a grow box and play with pollen. Lol. All girls is happening.

I have never had to sex a plant how newb is that. Time to learn something new.
Awesome! Thanks for the support. :LOL:Stoner dozen.

After awhile, sexing the plants will become second nature. You may find that in the future you will be buying specific packs hoping for all males to use in projects :D.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Awesome! Thanks for the support. :LOL:Stoner dozen.

After awhile, sexing the plants will become second nature. You may find that in the future you will be buying specific packs hoping for all males to use in projects :D.
exactly! The reason cubing these are so important. I believe in R-crosses R1, R2 - crosses of females/clone onlys, feminized or selfed plants. But I believe there is a greater importance in breeding with males, I've been playing around with fem'd and self'd seed for yrs now because I guerrilla grow and anybody that guerilla grows knows how nice it is to be able to put out all girls and not have to worry about pulling males. But over the yrs I've noticed something about fems vs regs outdoors. I say outdoors because you dont notice it indoors in a perfect environment. But under the elements outdoors the fems kept getting more and more susceptible to different things vs my reg seed plants. And the more generations I bred without a male the worse it got. The initial feminized cross or selfing wasnt as noticable. And some yrs when the weather was more favorable you wouldnt notice as much. Breeding with males just makes for stronger plants, more resistant to the elements, diseases, and even pests because they attack the weaker plants. I still like to use fem/selfed seed but try not to go past the first generation. Males just add something to the mix you dont get with all girl crosses. Idk what it is but theres something about that Y chromosome that's very important. Plus that's the way God or nature intended it.

Last edited: