Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

Single Branch Pollinations

Pollen bank withdrawals:
prep1.jpg
  • HAOG x Black Triangle #1 (name not decided yet, either Hells Hypotenuse or Pythagorus OG)
  • HAOG x Black Triangle #2
  • Black Triangle
  • Reversed Chem'91(skva)
  • Ecto Cooler
Since I'm pollinating HAOG, the OG internodes and branching are quite long, so I got some bread bags to be able to get more dusted buds covered vs lunch bags.
prep2.jpg
Here's the table before pruning and dusting at day 24:
predust.jpg
Same table after pollinating:
postdust.jpg
Final List of dustings this round:
GG4 x Ecto Cooler - just 'cause
GG4 x Chem'91(skva) - just 'cause
Chem'91(skva) S1 - Looking to refine through subsequent S2, S3, ....
Chem'91(JB) x Chem'91(skva) - Looking for female for the final cubed HAOG male.
HAOG x Black Triangle - Replenish breeding stock
HAOG BX1 #1 (HAOG x (HAOG x Black Triangle #1)) - next step of cube (polyBX)
HAOG BX1 #2 (HAOG x (HAOG x Black Triangle #2)) - next step of cube (polyBX)

Breeding Project: Solvent Skunk
Selections for F2​
(Green Crack S1 x Granny Skunk)F1 have all sexed and been selected using the goals of the project (sturdier GCs1 dom). Here are a few of the plants remaining after the undesirables were culled to give an idea of the general range I'm trying to narrow:
groop.jpg
There were quite a few Afghan expressions that popped out of this cross. I could see aunts'/uncles' expressions(not shown) that looked like it came straight from the Granny Skunk F1 pack.​

I have chosen 2 males to move forward with the F2. I will be pollinating 2 branches on each female (one each of the males) to decide which male produces the better offspring. The male on the left sports the narrower leaves, but the male on the right has the more prominent double serrations (GCs1 trait).
boys.jpg
The male on the left has some Granny features that can be seen in the P1 father (tighter petioles, very sturdy main stalk, pronounced blade spread, # of blades):
gcg-dadcomparison.jpg
The male on the right struck me as a Granny Skunk uncle with short petioles, wider leaf blades (compared to the other selected male), and the leathery skin leaf texture.
granny pheno.jpg
The doubly serrated expressed in the GCs1(middle) compared to the selected males:
gcg-fans.jpg
All of the selections have been topped and are currently rooting to move on to the flower room for the next round of pollinations.

Good morning Schwaggy.
Good Morning, thanks for the kind words.
It looks to me like it may be a potassium deficiency.
Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 9.29.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-23 at 9.30.32 AM.png
If you're sure there is plenty of K in the soil mix, pH is on point, etc. , there may be a calcium excess which can antagonize potassium uptake. You mentioned that it got worse after adding CaMg, so this would be consistent with a possible Ca excess. The interveinal chlorosis looks like it may be a Mg deficiency but you saw no improvement in new growth after epsom and a further decline after CaMg, so it doesn't seem the magnesium level is the main culprit.

I generally wouldn't attempt big change type fixes after the halfway point of flower, but a flush and moderate feed may help. I suggest getting a few other opinions and see what others come up with.

Black Lights is a looker @Schwaggy P . Looks like a session with that will produce lights out. Keep up the good work always enjoy a visit to your thread.
Thank you. The Black Lights are putting off some spicy gummy worms smells so far. The parents might be old school plants but they have the looks to hang with all the frosty modern stuff.

I have a couple packs of Coastal's 88G13HP x NL#1, so I will have a chance to figure how much of what I'm seeing in the Black Lights can be attributed to the NL#1.

👋Thanks for visiting.

H.A.OG polyBX
BX1 underway
H.A.OG has accepted the pollen of the multiple males (separate branches with separate pollen).
haogbx1.jpg

To recap, the polyBX is a multiple male cohort backcross that attempts to maintain traits that may be lost if only one male is chosen based on observable phenotype.

Here are males #1 and #2 of the initial F1 outcross (H.A.OG x Black Triangle). Their pollen has already been collected separately, used to pollinate, and extra collected and stored in the pollen bank. #3 Dropped pollen more quickly than these two and has already been pink-slipped. Since collecting their pollen, I have been torturing these males (weird light schedule, overfeeding/overwatering) and they will meet their end today.
haogxbtmales.jpg

Love the tutorials, 💣💥💨 They definately inspire me, absolute awesomesauce!!!
The tote the males are in, is that just for the collection process, or is that their home for containment?
The torturing, is that for stress testing to see how they react, like going he she etc, or is there another or other reasons? I know I've done various such torturing to see what the plants thresholds were, likes and dislikes, soil tests etc.
As always loving your stuff mang.🔥🔥🔥
Thanks ;)

I use the totes as a way to flower out smaller males for small batch pollen collection. They pretty much spend their short lives in the storage tote. I use clear totes that hang out in the splash over light in the veg space and cover/uncover them with a box every 12 hours. It allows me to give them a personal flower space without having to dedicate a full breeding tent.
toteflowers.jpg
The torturing is just to see if they herm or have any other strange reactions to stress.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Good Morning, thanks for the kind words.
It looks to me like it may be a potassium deficiency.
View attachment 7279View attachment 7280
If you're sure there is plenty of K in the soil mix, pH is on point, etc. , there may be a calcium excess which can antagonize potassium uptake. You mentioned that it got worse after adding CaMg, so this would be consistent with a possible Ca excess. The interveinal chlorosis looks like it may be a Mg deficiency but you saw no improvement in new growth after epsom and a further decline after CaMg, so it doesn't seem the magnesium level is the main culprit.

I generally wouldn't attempt big change type fixes after the halfway point of flower, but a flush and moderate feed may help. I suggest getting a few other opinions and see what others come up with.
Flush it with 1/4 cup peroxide per gallon then light feed and repeat again , then resume Reg feeding , it looks like an uptake issue to Me