Saying bye bye to hydroponics….

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
UV works hands down. My UV tube broke and Amazon won't replace it. I'm just done having to go through so much effort for such little return. Just aggrevating . Can't really think of a reason to keep dwc going. If I really wanna cut veg times down I can just take more clones and flip sooner. A square foot of light is still a square foot of light.
No issues whatsoever on these, no losses, no ph to adjust,no buckets to bleach or clean, no shit to add, no pumps running constant, no water chillers.
PXL_20220308_010704597.jpg

D

Deleted member 2835

Dutchmaster zone works amazing for root rot prevention and treatment it sucks that they just went under as a business. I'm hoping Athena cleanse is a reasonable substitute.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Got to say, Giant pot of dirt with water timer is so low stress/hands off. Hella cheap. I got 4.20 lbs off this harvest and spent a whole 20 dollars in nutrients. I may have to spend 16 bucks on some cover crop seed after this next amend. Its not for everyone. But I am not a hobbist nor am I retired. I dont have time to be fucking around in a grow room. 3 min every 2 days... tops. Long enough to stick my head in to check they alive, snap a pic or two for the journal. Otherwise I got better shit to do with my time. Imo this is about as lazy of a type of grow you can get.

D

Deleted member 60

If ya wanna fuck around and keep yourself stupid busy and confused......hydro is the way to go. LOL.

I ran about all of the systems. Aeroponics...NFT..flood/drain...Under Current....hydroton...rockwool...fuck..i even grew in Legos once when I was teaching the 3rd graders about the wonders of "hydroponics". Got some great yeilds for sure in my time swimming in the res.......but when it takes a shit..it's a full on colon cleanse that will fuck your game hard. 2 back-to-back root rot/complete loss events here with the UC.......after a massive clean job...or so I thought. That was enough for me. Back to "soil"(less) and organics.....

IF I was to do it all again I'd definitely be grabbing a big ass UV light....cus IMO..it's the only way to kill all the badness >for sure<.

Buddernugs

Full send….always
you say heavy H2O2. How much are you talking? After reading your comment, I’m really considering trying one more attempt at RWDC. Ive always wanted to grow hydro, but never had the time or the resources. Would you suggest starting all over again. New buckets, pipe lines, net pots, etc. I‘m currently building a new grow room, and everything would push back start time not to mention the cost. This would be my 4th complete re-build. I’m looking at getting all new pumps as well. My chiller is homemade and works very well keeping my temp 67*. I took it down before this ‘winter run’. Yeah right. We’ve had more 50+ days this year that ever. And I was doing pretty good until about a month ago. We got straight week of 70+ temps. So I’m also reconfiguring the chiller’s design Also. IDK???? One more question. What and how do you sanitize? Bleach, ordor ban.
I start 1ml per gal 29% h2o2 and bump up .5ml per gal a week until I’m at 3ml per gal….. 3ml per gal is were u start to approach threshold as far as what pheno you have….because they all can take a set amount u till u see canopy being affected…..once u hit threshold u will know within an hr or 2…..you’ll see twisted and contorted tops…… when I see that I add proprietary compounds at proprietary ratios to keep them poisoned and shut the canopy down….. when that happens like I said before the roots will explode…… if you have ever broken a bone and had a cast…..then you know how much hair u had grown in that area…… it’s because your body knows the area is damaged so it dilates vessels to make sure that area has more food thus increasing growth….. plants are no different……hurt the roots and starve the canopy……1 week…..you’ll get 3 weeks of root growth……

Buddernugs

Full send….always
Im Disappointed u dropped out man I really am………….I get it shit happened but dude………I can’t even begin to see how u got to we’re u are being so quick to give up on something instead of getting back after it with a sense of conviction and having a point to prove to yourself that you can climb a mountain……and I’m not trying to dig on you I’m just displaying my frustration…….like dude….if i fuck up i walk twice as hard case in point my whole operation collapsed in on itself I was backed up and running 4 hours later…… i’ve had root rot every grow but kept at it I fucked up a lot of grows but kept going at it I just thought we were cut from the same cloth I’m pretty disappointed not gonna lie…….and let down……..but what ever man I get it

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Im Disappointed u dropped out man I really am………….I get it shit happened but dude………I can’t even begin to see how u got to we’re u are being so quick to give up on something instead of getting back after it with a sense of conviction and having a point to prove to yourself that you can climb a mountain……and I’m not trying to dig on you I’m just displaying my frustration…….like dude….if i fuck up i walk twice as hard case in point my whole operation collapsed in on itself I was backed up and running 4 hours later…… i’ve had root rot every grow but kept at it I fucked up a lot of grows but kept going at it I just thought we were cut from the same cloth I’m pretty disappointed not gonna lie…….and let down……..but what ever man I get it
It's not really that man, I have a pretty large work load and the time and effort involved in keeping up with DWC is just not in my interest. I may change my mind in the future but right now I'm just tired.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
He has nothing to prove to himself though, he’s been doing this for a long time. I was honestly surprised he set that tent up to begin with after seeing the hundred of plants he has going and all the testing GOS has in the works currently.