Purple on top tips of plants in veg help

BerryNice

Super Active Member
I don’t know nothing compared to some of these guys but I really think it’s the cold

I am a stone throw away basically same temps for most part

I would cut it off and just let it run the course see what happens

Might be able to get something that you can move to less picky smokers and make a little cash for next supplies run

Maybe prune 1 plants and see what happens but yeah the climate is changing and temps and season are really out of wack in our state

Soon as Cuomo get his shit together and changes the laws I am gonna have you over :)

D

Deleted member 60

Not the cold. My plants here in "Summer" see the 50's EVERY night. 60F is a s warm as our nighttime lows get.

Like Jesse...I've had freezes/frosts and they just keep on tickin'. By mid-late September when my plants are finished the lows will be in the 40's...possibly 30's. You have something else going on there....for sure.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
Not the cold. My plants here in "Summer" see the 50's EVERY night. 60F is a s warm as our nighttime lows get.

Like Jesse...I've had freezes/frosts and they just keep on tickin'. By mid-late September when my plants are finished the lows will be in the 40's...possibly 30's. You have something else going on there....for sure.

My outdoor grows have gone down into the mid 30's and took it like champs. They did go a bit dormant, but no other issues.
Not just one or two nights either, every night for the last few weeks of flower in late Oct early Nov.
58* isn't nothing for a healthy plant imho.
I don’t think it is that simple

This is happening a lot in our state in Veg not flower

Flowering is not the issue it is the cold temps and dewy conditions doing something in veg

Could be something new that even you don’t know about

We always leaning nobody knows it all for sure to say it is not the cold is not correct man

The cold is definitely a contribution factor

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I don’t know nothing compared to some of these guys but I really think it’s the cold

I am a stone throw away basically same temps for most part

I would cut it off and just let it run the course see what happens

Might be able to get something that you can move to less picky smokers and make a little cash for next supplies run

Maybe prune 1 plants and see what happens but yeah the climate is changing and temps and season are really out of wack in our state

Soon as Cuomo get his shit together and changes the laws I am gonna have you over :)
Lets meet midstate and have a smoke outttttt!!!!!!
They consider us the breadbasket of the US

Us NY Italians know how to maka tha cannoli, pizza, riggies, halfmoons, pusties.
My mama always told me the way to a woman's heart is thru her belly.

For real though it was 55! This morning its August!!! I am wearing a sweatshirt to work wtf!!

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
/
Seems as if all the surrounding vegetation is affected also idk maybe I’m high
This round of pictures tells a better story @TerpyTyrone hit the nail on the head. That spot does not look like it has enough air flow. Just to much surrounding vegetation blocking the air flow. One suggestion would be to get one of those hand sickles and start chopping some of that stuff back. Not sure that would save the plants now but would hopefully help in the future. Maybe some one with more experience can help you try and solve the current mold issue.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
Haha, there's a metric shit ton of stuff I don't know.
Just sayin I've never had anything like that ever, and I've dealt with low temps in veg and flower on many an occasion with nothing like that.
I've had the cold purpling up my plants, but it was nothing like that. The splotchieness specifically is what I refer to.
It is pretty much always very dry here though as well. Who knows, just throwin my 2 cents and experiences out there.
It’s a combo of things centered around none ideal temps not ideal circulation causing some kinds of funkiness

I have had a bunch locals show me same things

Mid 50 at night with 70+ humidity has been creating a wicked new dew around this area

It’s not just the weed it’s the surrounding stuff also even

The temps here are like a full month and a half off

Lol Tyrone You would love my grandmas fried pizzas I’ll take a picture next time I go to lunch

D

Deleted member 60

I'm always up for learning new stuff....but time and time again I see guys from >warmer< regions blaming the cold on their problems. Yes..it may contribute to what you see...but >cold< alone it isn't THE cause or none of my plants here would ever make flower. It's 52F our right now with 85% humidity....likely dropping to 20-25% as the sun rises in the sky and it warms up. We get this humidity swing daily with heavy dew and I've never seen anything like that here. Hmmm.

hope you figure it out............ good luck

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Not looking good my car thermometer read 58 at 6 am on the way to work. I think they are shotView attachment 16291View attachment 16292View attachment 16293View attachment 16294View attachment 16295View attachment 16296View attachment 16297But I learned something. that purple was caused by cold. So if I build it they will grow View attachment 16298
Damn i like that green house. I wonder what some thing like that costs. @High kev i had a spot when i first started growing that looked a lot like your surroundings you have. After 2 years of failed crops (mold) i said shit on this and moved my operation indoors. At least the indoor is all you if you mess up it is your fault not some thing that is out of your control. Growing outdoors takes a lot more talent than people think.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
the Other year the I put a few spots near a stream and those seemed to be hit harder with the purple sickly growth. I think moving the spot is the best idea. Surrounding veg blocking wind is contributing. There is cat tails close to the area and some standing water around. I think the humidity plays a roll. Extra dew in mornings no bueño. The combination of all that including my location low temps etc. shits stacking in favor of moving the hell out of the location. I’ll keep searching google maps for more promising locations lol. Good thing I still got my indoor rooms going. I never try and hatch all my eggs in one nest.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
the Other year the I put a few spots near a stream and those seemed to be hit harder with the purple sickly growth. I think moving the spot is the best idea. Surrounding veg blocking wind is contributing. There is cat tails close to the area and some standing water around. I think the humidity plays a roll. Extra dew in mornings no bueño. The combination of all that including my location low temps etc. shits stacking in favor of moving the hell out of the location. I’ll keep searching

Humidity never drops to 20-25% here usually lowest you will see is 45

To get that low it need to be middle of winter

Problem with Ny is the humidity stays 56-76% during day or higher and at night the temps drop and humidity raises

Some random days it may get to 45 humidity during the day

Just grow they out man these plants are really good at adjusting and fixing them selves

BerryNice

Super Active Member
@stiickygreen I think you better grower then me and have way more experience not trying to argue

Just think it has to do a lot with these new lower temps and a bunch of other contributing factors

I live like less the hour away everyone complaining about it that is outdoor

I could be way off myself these are just my opinions I been growing since 1990 and still consider myself a noob

Once they pass the first 2/3 weeks of flower it faded out and stay into the top of only a few colas

I don’t think anyone really knows just yet wtf is up haha

BerryNice

Super Active Member
The purple tops seems to be big on the east coast this season growing consensus being hop latent viroid or a type of hops mosaic virus. But im no scientist so IDK just guessing. Is the purple only on the new top growth or on all bud sites? I agree with the fellas clear back a lil of that brush for better air flow could help
Fades out in flower and stays to a few top colas usually does not effect the rest of the flowers

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
The purple tops seems to be big on the east coast this season growing consensus being hop latent viroid or a type of hops mosaic virus. But im no scientist so IDK just guessing. Is the purple only on the new top growth or on all bud sites? I agree with the fellas clear back a lil of that brush for better air flow could help
Very interesting. I’m gonna try researching a bit. Thanks for all the awesome ideas for help