Purple on top tips of plants in veg help

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I’m worried about this purpling on my out door plants. Any ideas? I had plants in past years have a purple mold or Sutton that ruined most my crop. I hope this isn’t the start of itView attachment 15458View attachment 15459View attachment 15460View attachment 15461View attachment 15462View attachment 15463View attachment 15464View attachment 15465View attachment 15466View attachment 15467
I do not know what that is man. Kind of suspect looking though. Why don't you send that second to last shot to @Schwaggy P in a pm and see what he thinks

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I’m worried about this purpling on my out door plants. Any ideas? I had plants in past years have a purple mold or Sutton that ruined most my crop. I hope this isn’t the start of itView attachment 15458View attachment 15459View attachment 15460View attachment 15461View attachment 15462View attachment 15463View attachment 15464View attachment 15465View attachment 15466View attachment 15467
Also wanted to ask you about air flow for you plants. Kinda hard to tell from the shots how open the area is. That was my downfall trying to grow outdoors. Air circulation is so important preventing mold issues out doors. Not criticizing just trying to help.

Given that the patterns of the discoloration are not expressing symmetrically or evenly distributed, I would hesitate to think it is a nutrient deficiency/toxicity, as they tend to manifest in a regular pattern (think Ca def. showing spots all over, or potassium def. leaving most leaf edges discolored). Boron deficiency can have similar symptoms, slightly yellowed new growth with interveinal discoloration (usually brown), and some malformation of the new growth.

Can you scope the leaves to see if the color is "growth" of mold on top of the leaf vs. discoloration within the tissue? If you've experienced a similar mold before, I would be inclined to think this may be a repeat performance without much more info.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Given that the patterns of the discoloration are not expressing symmetrically or evenly distributed, I would hesitate to think it is a nutrient deficiency/toxicity, as they tend to manifest in a regular pattern (think Ca def. showing spots all over, or potassium def. leaving most leaf edges discolored). Boron deficiency can have similar symptoms, slightly yellowed new growth with interveinal discoloration (usually brown), and some malformation of the new growth.

Can you scope the leaves to see if the color is "growth" of mold on top of the leaf vs. discoloration within the tissue? If you've experienced a similar mold before, I would be inclined to think this may be a repeat performance without much more info.
I’ll take a scope shot later today. Awesome info thanks for all the help. And yes I must of lost a third of the crop about 10 years back with this same purple I believe. I thought I might of over fertilized or had lock out. But I’m to inxperianced and to many variables for me to figure out gorilla growing only going back a few times. They are in kinda of a wet area with cat tails around and spots of little puddles of standing water. But they are also in 5 gallon grow bags and have yet to be hand watered this year besides first soaking in their five gallon bags when I transplanted. They’ve probably been soaking the water up like a wick system. I should probabaly check that waters ph and possibly move them or Sutton.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Also wanted to ask you about air flow for you plants. Kinda hard to tell from the shots how open the area is. That was my downfall trying to grow outdoors. Air circulation is so important preventing mold issues out doors. Not criticizing just trying to help.
Their in a brush field surrounded by open hay fields mostly some small trees and shrubs could be blocking some wind idk everything around it is same height or taller

BerryNice

Super Active Member
My neighbor I am the next county over just outside of Albany

I used to pick up my older brother from cobleskill I never forget this Irish town with the clovers painted on the roads

Have you ever drove threw there?

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I can use all the help please feel free to correct anything I’m doing wrong anywhere. That’s why I’m here to learn and grow me some poof