Pro's not so pro grow.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Got a little done over the weekend. Just need to build doors. Can anyone guess who I'm calling tomorrow to get lights coming?

View attachment 85354
Hell ya dude nice work.. Is that 1 room or 2 seperate? How much area total ? Whats ur plans ?

And to answer ur question id say ur gonna do like alot others recently and go with those strips? I like my boards , spaced correctly i feel they are no different than strips..
Thx good luck👍✌

Streetpro09

Tester
Hell ya dude nice work.. Is that 1 room or 2 seperate? How much area total ? Whats ur plans ?

And to answer ur question id say ur gonna do like alot others recently and go with those strips? I like my boards , spaced correctly i feel they are no different than strips..
Thx good luck👍✌

Thanks man. It'll end up being two 5x5 rooms. Probably going to set up two 6 bucket rdwc systems.

Yeah I'm hoping to get some strips soon. I'd say boards are the same as strips when they're spaced correctly, though I've never had any to play around with personally.

Streetpro09

Tester
Awesome light dude...not telling you what to do but it might clean it up a bit up top this is how I hang my frames that I build just put a little locktite on the nut and your good
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately i dont think it would work for me. That light of mine is hung from a single ratchet, that way i can raise and lower it from one point. Plus with my rope mess i can adjust the length of each one in order to make the frame hang flat. Idk in my opinion the framework for these lights could be beefed up. They seem to sag in places once they are hung.

Meatman

Meat Master
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately i dont think it would work for me. That light of mine is hung from a single ratchet, that way i can raise and lower it from one point. Plus with my rope mess i can adjust the length of each one in order to make the frame hang flat. Idk in my opinion the framework for these lights could be beefed up. They seem to sag in places once they are hung.
Ya that’s what with my 5x5 light I had to put one in each corner or it would sag way to much that’s a sweet configuration tho with the light

Streetpro09

Tester
Ya that’s what with my 5x5 light I had to put one in each corner or it would sag way to much that’s a sweet configuration tho with the light
It's kinda hard to see in that picture but there are 6 orange ropes coming from that center ratchet. I started out with just 4 and i didnt like the way it hung. So i added 1 straight out to each side to kinda raise the edges. Idk maybe square tubing of some sort would build better frames?

Streetpro09

Tester
What are the details on this light? Looks awesome.
Oh it's one of them from growdaddy.com. i called and told him what i was doing and this is what he recommended. Its 20 strips run by two drivers. A 600h-30 controls 17 strips and a 150h-48 controls 3. All strips a wired in parallel to the drivers. Any other specifics, feel free to ask. Im not always the best at explaining either. 😉

Last edited:

Meatman

Meat Master
Oh it's one of them from grow growdaddy.com. i called and told him what i was doing and this is what he recommended. Its 20 strips run by two drivers. A 600h-30 controls 17 strips and a 150h-48 controls 3. All strips a wired in parallel to the drivers. Any other specifics, feel free to ask. Im not always the best at explaining either. 😉
That’s gonna smash that 5x5 I have 18 strips in a 5x5 and I can only have them between half an 3/4’s of the way up or my plants start to fry