Pro's not so pro grow.

Streetpro09

Tester
I just got the same one the other day and got it running today with some cuts from the plants I have growing outside. I was expecting it to be much smaller than it is in person. Even with the dimensions listed I still assumed it was smaller for some reason.

I still have a lot to learn about cloning so I took cuts from different areas, and different sizes, so I can see how they all do in the cloner.
View attachment 63282

Yeah I know what you mean by size. It's definitely taller than I expected but it fits well where I had planned it to go.

I'm in the same boat with learning. Done a little cloning in the past and had ok results. I'm hoping with this I'll get 100% rooted and then I can kinda research how they grow from where they were cut off the plant. You'll have to keep me updated on what you observe with your clones.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Yeah I know what you mean by size. It's definitely taller than I expected but it fits well where I had planned it to go.

I'm in the same boat with learning. Done a little cloning in the past and had ok results. I'm hoping with this I'll get 100% rooted and then I can kinda research how they grow from where they were cut off the plant. You'll have to keep me updated on what you observe with your clones.
I'll try to remember to keep you updated. I absolutely suck at cloning the old fashioned way so I'm hoping this makes things easier for me. My home office is right outside of my grow room so I have mine under a desk with a fluorescent light over it. The sound of the water trickling is actually pretty soothing in the office :giggle:

Streetpro09

Tester
I'll try to remember to keep you updated. I absolutely suck at cloning the old fashioned way so I'm hoping this makes things easier for me. My home office is right outside of my grow room so I have mine under a desk with a fluorescent light over it. The sound of the water trickling is actually pretty soothing in the office :giggle:
Just out of curiosity do you run your pump on a timer? I have mine on a timer to run for 30 min and then shut off for 30 min. This helps keeps water temp down. My buddy uses a 15 on 15 off timer but I could only find a 30 min one. Seems to be working fine. I had some cutting sitting in a cup of water for a week or two. Got my cloner and put those cuttings in it. Within a few days I had roots.

0889CF48-713F-40DB-A32D-9B260E3D8120.jpeg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Just out of curiosity do you run your pump on a timer? I have mine on a timer to run for 30 min and then shut off for 30 min. This helps keeps water temp down. My buddy uses a 15 on 15 off timer but I could only find a 30 min one. Seems to be working fine. I had some cutting sitting in a cup of water for a week or two. Got my cloner and put those cuttings in it. Within a few days I had roots.

View attachment 63301
I just set mine up today and I’m just leaving it on 247 for now. If heat becomes an issue then I’ll cycle it with a timer to keep the water cooler though.

Yeah in the cloner. Don't your buckets just have air stones in them?
Yep. Just was curious if it was done with the larger buckets. I built a small 6 site cloner too with 1 line going in it. Temps are fine so figured not to monkey with it. But if I can get away with turning a pump off for half a day without any ill affects...I am all for it lol.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I go 23 seconds on(long enough for sprayers to go on full strength and spray for around 15 seconds every 15 minutes. This is how I was taught. When I came online it was crazy to see some people would run 24/7 when i see the same results if not better. Genetics definitely play a role but typically I get results in 5-7 days.20200706_175024.jpg
The cloner looks nice. Got a link?
Ive been looking to upgrade to the ezcloner128 but cant justify the price. Well just yet at least lol. The trimming looks well handled. How hard is it to get to the back of the room? Theyre huge. I miss growing mosnters. I don't have the room for longer vegging anymore thanks to my library of mothers spilling into my veg tent lol.

Streetpro09

Tester
I go 23 seconds on(long enough for sprayers to go on full strength and spray for around 15 seconds every 15 minutes. This is how I was taught. When I came online it was crazy to see some people would run 24/7 when i see the same results if not better. Genetics definitely play a role but typically I get results in 5-7 days.
Ive been looking to upgrade to the ezcloner128 but cant justify the price. Well just yet at least lol. The trimming looks well handled. How hard is it to get to the back of the room? Theyre huge. I miss growing mosnters. I don't have the room for longer vegging anymore thanks to my library of mothers spilling into my veg tent lol.
Here's a link to the cloner. A buddy of mine got one a few months ago and has done 3 runs through it with 100% success. Prior to that he didn't clone. With that result I had to get one!

Yeah the plants are good sized. They're about about eye level including the 5 gallon bucket. So I end up standing on a two gallon bucket but ended up standing on a 5 gallon bucket to reach the back. That net is something like 60"x40". So it's a good reach to get to the back.
I keep telling myself that I'm going to flower plants smaller but they do so well in the dwc they have all blown up in flower like I didn't expect. Hopefully this next run will be a little shorter.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Here's a link to the cloner. A buddy of mine got one a few months ago and has done 3 runs through it with 100% success. Prior to that he didn't clone. With that result I had to get one!

Yeah the plants are good sized. They're about about eye level including the 5 gallon bucket. So I end up standing on a two gallon bucket but ended up standing on a 5 gallon bucket to reach the back. That net is something like 60"x40". So it's a good reach to get to the back.
I keep telling myself that I'm going to flower plants smaller but they do so well in the dwc they have all blown up in flower like I didn't expect. Hopefully this next run will be a little shorter.
Im a huge fan of the ezcloner. I have their 16 site. Thanks for the link.
I know you got backed up in veg but how long did you veg them?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I go 23 seconds on(long enough for sprayers to go on full strength and spray for around 15 seconds every 15 minutes. This is how I was taught. When I came online it was crazy to see some people would run 24/7 when i see the same results if not better. Genetics definitely play a role but typically I get results in 5-7 days.View attachment 63792
I'm going to order a cycle timer today. Mine have been going for 6 days now and I'm not seeing any signs of root growth yet. This was just a trial run, though, and I don't think I will bother using any of them even if they do root. The AK-47 cuttings I took look like they have a little bit of PM on them so I'm going to probably pull those out today before it gets on anything else.

Streetpro09

Tester
I'm going to order a cycle timer today. Mine have been going for 6 days now and I'm not seeing any signs of root growth yet. This was just a trial run, though, and I don't think I will bother using any of them even if they do root. The AK-47 cuttings I took look like they have a little bit of PM on them so I'm going to probably pull those out today before it gets on anything else.

Well I wouldn't be too worried yet. Some strains take longer than others. Also depends on how healthy the doner plant was when the cuttings were taken.

Idk about an aero cloner yet but when I used rockwool sometimes it would take 3 weeks to get roots.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Well I wouldn't be too worried yet. Some strains take longer than others. Also depends on how healthy the doner plant was when the cuttings were taken.

Idk about an aero cloner yet but when I used rockwool sometimes it would take 3 weeks to get roots.
I'm not too worried about the lack of roots yet because they did say it can take 2 weeks. I'm more concerned about the small spots of what appears toe be PM on the AK cuttings. Those cuttings also already have some yellow on the leaves but the Purple Haze cuttings sill look great so far. You can see the difference between the two in this pic. AK is on top PH on bottom.
YLpibZK.jpg