Popping smoke

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Good job Fiddler. 👍 You might go direct fan action on them for a bit(if you aren't already) just until your good and sure there is no possiblity of water hiding anywhere. GL with your dry/cure and please let us know how they turn out.
Exact on the fans Zaphod. Rain harvest brings back memories for sure, mostly shitty.

You definitely want all that water off the outside of your buds asap Fiddler. Just don't leave them on longer than needed to dry the rain.

Also, I'd consider popping a couple 1/4 inch drainage holes in that wagon. As long as you don't need it to haul sand anyway. One less thing to be concerned with.
Thanks amigos, I'm still not getting my hopes up too high given the last couple days.
After the final rinse I gave them a good swing to get the excess water off and have a fan on them moving them ever so gently. From this morning to now the majority of the water is gone, I checked the tips of the tops with a flashlight to check for drips and it looks like I'll be ok shifting the fan to blow below them by tonight. My shop reeks

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Deja Vu
20230926_133932.jpg

20230926_133953.jpg

I snipped two tops from the Lemon Skunk because of the off brown color. They were the densest, stickiest of the icky nuggets and smelled so good.
I'm used to seeing bud rot starting from the inside out. I'm starting to think it's my fault by bruising the flower banging them around in the wash bucket (not to mention being left in the rain)

I hope this is the only loss.

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Lost another nugget of the Lemon Skunk to it being questionable. It broke apart fine and smelled great but alas, when in doubt, cut it out.
View attachment 130931

Got the dep group broken down and in bags to finish drying.
View attachment 130932

I look forward to growing in full sun someday, that might help correct some of my finish line issues.
Nice run @Fiddler's Green, much better than last year. I look forward to seeing your next grow and show.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I guess these things come in threes?
I started bucking and every top was affected. Some had more than others but in the end I'm not consuming it. Fuck, some of them smelled so good too and others didn't smell at all from the bullshit.
20231005_085034.jpg

So far it looks like 80% loss. I still have the Raspberry Boogie seeded plants to chop but don't expect anything from it but beans.

I gotta figure out how to cross the finish line.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
With the moisture issues you are seeing outside, I would look for a Pacific Northwest outdoor strain that is used to the rain and fog, and no sunshine to dry it out. Or ones that finish early. Maybe next year you get the motherload.
I thought the same thing.
Early autos and the light dep in 2 gals was very manageable but I didn't leave myself a reserve (I had a bunch of clones that got gobbled up) and just went full seedtard.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Brought the Raspberry Boogies in to trim and dry out. Snipped the top since it had a tiny bit of mold. I thought it was a nanner at first but it was a little leaf starting to discolor.

I want to wash them but I worry about the seeds. Maybe I'll do half when I chop and buck them tomorrow. At this point what's the worse that could happen?
20231006_194903.jpg20231006_195134.jpg

Seeds that fell of the little brown husks
20231006_195636.jpg

If they are viable I made my money back (kinda)

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Pruned the branches and roots on the revegging Raspberry Boogies a couple weeks ago and they are bouncing back nicely.
20231208_164257.jpg

Took all my outdoor pots and broke them apart added alfalfa pellets, bone meal, a sprinkle of sulphur, 4-4-4 dry fertilizer, leaf mould, ground charcoal and worm castings.
20231209_182940_001.jpg

Going to fill the bottom 1/3 of my natural pots in a couple days. Then the plan is too refill the fabric pots for next year.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Going to fill the bottom 1/3 of my natural pots in a couple days. Then the plan is too refill the fabric pots for next year.
I am considering using old cloth pots as a retaining wall on my sloped-ass garden. I am filling the bottom of some bigger pots with fallen twigs and rotten logs, and lots of leaves. I plant to toss stuff in all winter, then figure it out. If it rots down enough I'll just top it with soil.