Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'd much prefer "doors" than "zippers" in a hard shell closure that's easy to clean.
Fully automated.
I think as society progresses, having a "greenhouse" room instead of a spare bedroom will become more of a thing. I could do the thing lighting a room, but I like the individual microclimates within the lung-room concept. No issues with different light cycles, if you want one tent humidified or de-humidified you can do that without messing with the others, stuff like that.

But zippers do actually suck pretty bad ;)

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
Question... Once I've removed all the plants and shop vac the floor. Can I use the spinosad soap to wipe the walls down or bleach? From what I read thrips are kind of weak so it should be localized? I appreciate y'all's help

Lurch

Super Active Member
Float the boat that hits the lode. You must taste many different fruits from your garden. Quality before quantity. Nice.
This side gotta pay the light bill and ting. Best tasting I ever had was a organic. Fastest, like Jack in a beanstalk fast was bubble buckets. My preference Cocoa and perlite. Get a scrog on a pheno of the platty ice and will be a happy the whole summer. Oh what a .. lol
Changed mind, on further research 16 Platinum Ice in 5 litres cocoa/perlite fabric pots untopped. Flipped after 6th node is the way forward. SOG it is. 20 litre power hose for feeding in a 4 x4. No problem.
Shit I'm still watering by hand and mixing water in a gallon milk jug lol I don't even oh my water anymore, the nutrients always buffered it right at 6.5 every time for years. I got really slack last year or so. I've been running autos in a perpetual so I was harvesting every month or so. I didn't get the bulk but I was more interested in variety. My opinion auto flowers have come a very long way and may be the future
This flowered before 12 12 flip. Must av bin auto. 3half weeks on 12 so not bulked. Prob too much N as well for an auto. Smells amazing.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 60

Mini splits are cheap and also heat. A DIY 2 ton can be had for 1500, that's like less than a pound of weed. 1 grow
LOL...I don't even have a heating system in my house...and we don't have or need A/C here. It just doesn't make sense here to formally heat the garage space unless pounds go back to 4K and that will never happen again here.

I'd much prefer "doors" than "zippers" in a hard shell closure that's easy to clean.
Fully automated.
Do they still make grow cabinets/boxes? I haven't paid any attention to any of that for years...but for awhile there they were huge. OK...."popular". Might even work now that the LED's are in favor. With HID they were tough spaces to maintain. No zippers though....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've had autos with a main cola the size of a 2 liter pop bottle and my wife could hide behind it😁
I think auto's have their place, but I can't get past the fact that whatever strain it is, they basically watered it down with hemp to get there.

Here's something you can try if you get the notion - run a regular photo-period fem seed from start to finish under 12/12. It will not flower until it is mature enough which will take 4-6 weeks. At the end of the grow you'll have a plant that "auto-flowered" but was pure bred. And it also uses lots less electricity being 12/12 from the start.

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
I've tried running autos at 12 12 and they were extremely unhappy... Made really larfy buds and stringy branches. I've heard of folks doing that but it didn't work for me. I'm just the last 2 grows retuning to photos. I added another 3x3 tent so I can have both.. I've run some awesome autos. Magic, gnome, binary selection, mephisto all have some really amazing genetics I can turn around in less than 90 days easily

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think that if you live in the northern climes and the seasons don't allow you to grow regular photoperiod plants outside

GROW INDOORS!!!

Auto's are never the answer 😂

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've tried running autos at 12 12 and they were extremely unhappy... Made really larfy buds and stringy branches. I've heard of folks doing that but it didn't work for me. I'm just the last 2 grows retuning to photos. I added another 3x3 tent so I can have both.. I've run some awesome autos. Magic, gnome, binary selection, mephisto all have some really amazing genetics I can turn around in less than 90 days easily
I am talking about running regular fem seeds 12/12 - not auto's.

D

Deleted member 2835

LOL...I don't even have a heating system in my house...and we don't have or need A/C here. It just doesn't make sense here to formally heat the garage space unless pounds go back to 4K and that will never happen again here.

Do they still make grow cabinets/boxes? I haven't paid any attention to any of that for years...but for awhile there they were huge. OK...."popular". Might even work now that the LED's are in favor. With HID they were tough spaces to maintain. No zippers though....
Yep Vivosun just came out with one.

Lurch

Super Active Member
I think auto's have their place, but I can't get past the fact that whatever strain it is, they basically watered it down with hemp to get there.

Here's something you can try if you get the notion - run a regular photo-period fem seed from start to finish under 12/12. It will not flower until it is mature enough which will take 4-6 weeks. At the end of the grow you'll have a plant that "auto-flowered" but was pure bred. And it also uses lots less electricity being 12/12 from the start.
Interesting notion. In a SOG I reckon.
I agree hemp dilutes. 2 Autos I did were pretty good. The rest average. I prefer to run with a good cut I can dial in on photo. Plus a little side hustle of flavas on the side.
The Platty Ice ticks the boxes. Quality, quantity lip-smacking flava. Think av sussed me keeper. Cuts off it in 10 days.
Well happy. Genetics looking good.

Lurch

Super Active Member
I am talking about running regular fem seeds 12/12 - not auto's.
Agree 👍 on 12 12 pure larf.
Interesting notion. In a SOG I reckon.
I agree hemp dilutes. 2 Autos I did were pretty good. The rest average. I prefer to run with a good cut I can dial in on photo. Plus a little side hustle of flavas on the side.
The Platty Ice ticks the boxes. Quality, quantity lip-smacking flava. Think av sussed me keeper. Cuts off it in 10 days.
Well happy. Genetics looking good.

Attachments

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN

Wouldn't you like to have one right about now?
I know I would! lol
Oh but the price tag!
$1000's up

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Question... Once I've removed all the plants and shop vac the floor. Can I use the spinosad soap to wipe the walls down or bleach? From what I read thrips are kind of weak so it should be localized? I appreciate y'all's help
If you hit all your plants with spinosad. Your good. I’ve never treated any thing else. Never hurts to clean though. Never found thrips to wander.