Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I am interested to. PM sent.
So sick of these over sensitive type of mental breakdown folks gas lighting this forum with bullshit. Comes here with an idea , mentions it like you guys prob know it all and won't like my idea but I'll pm it to you. Than people are cool about it and dude dissappears. What ever happened to just normal cool ass people that can just be like yeah here's my idea fuck everyone that don't like it. Some of these growers man is like watching a fuckin Harry Potter movie. So much drama.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Realized bout on day 10 that everytime my heatmats kicked on that they was going to 86 degrees instead of the 70 degrees i preset it to... Smh..
I just noticed that on mine. When I plugged it in 86F was the pre-set. I mainly use it for domes because the thermocouple is measuring the environment around the plants unless you stick it in the soil at the base of a pot, and that's still going through whatever is between it and the heat mat. So in a dome you are measuring a smaller environment so it won't just keep the heat mat on 24/7.

Before I got the thermostat model I just flipped over a 1020 tray and put it over the heat mat, then put the propagator on top of that. The thermostats don't control the temp of the mat, it's either on or off based on the temp the probe reads.

:unsure: For bigger plants I wonder if the upside down tray with the thermocouple taped to it off the mat would work to keep the root zone at a better consistent temp? You could use an upside down plant saucer for each pot and just have one being monitored by the probe? Lots of stuff that could be played with to make it work.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I just noticed that on mine. When I plugged it in 86F was the pre-set. I mainly use it for domes because the thermocouple is measuring the environment around the plants unless you stick it in the soil at the base of a pot, and that's still going through whatever is between it and the heat mat. So in a dome you are measuring a smaller environment so it won't just keep the heat mat on 24/7.

Before I got the thermostat model I just flipped over a 1020 tray and put it over the heat mat, then put the propagator on top of that. The thermostats don't control the temp of the mat, it's either on or off based on the temp the probe reads.

:unsure: For bigger plants I wonder if the upside down tray with the thermocouple taped to it off the mat would work to keep the root zone at a better consistent temp? You could use an upside down plant saucer for each pot and just have one being monitored by the probe? Lots of stuff that could be played with to make it work.
I remember when I started really getting into indoor growing in 06 with all the new and latest stuff I invested almost every dollar I made from selling the weed back into my grows. Upgrades on everything. As the years progressed so did technology and availability of things. This opened the doors for even more investments. LeD , mini splits etc etc. I honestly can't wrap my head around why people that grow weed can't afford to outfit a small grow environment to dial it in.

D

Deleted member 2835

So sick of these over sensitive type of mental breakdown folks gas lighting this forum with bullshit. Comes here with an idea , mentions it like you guys prob know it all and won't like my idea but I'll pm it to you. Than people are cool about it and dude dissappears. What ever happened to just normal cool ass people that can just be like yeah here's my idea fuck everyone that don't like it. Some of these growers man is like watching a fuckin Harry Potter movie. So much drama.
He considers himself Zeus so there's a bit of an ego issue. God forbid he gets some criticism or praise.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I was confused by that, too It's like he expected to piss everyone off, while saying he didn't want to offend anyone, and then got pissed off that people didn't get offended.

Lurch

Super Active Member
Agree, growing weed ain't quite rocket science. Follow the basics, don't be lazy on your schedule. Withstanding acts of nature .. Voilà. Good genetics make good buds.
Loving the pics.
Just one killer pheno from your hunting and will be happy Bossman. Will run it for years .. till your next creation
The frost on them plants. Go Boss. 🔥

Attachments

Lurch

Super Active Member
@BSGrows the main thing about training plants with either high or low stress techniques, is that after doing "the thing" you have to wait for the plant to respond to "the thing", then there is usually "another thing"... These take time and I don't.

My preference for getting less per plant but having more plants and harvesting more often usually taked precedent over training one plant for production. I am comfortable with this - he is not LOL.
Float the boat that hits the lode. You must taste many different fruits from your garden. Quality before quantity. Nice.
This side gotta pay the light bill and ting. Best tasting I ever had was a organic. Fastest, like Jack in a beanstalk fast was bubble buckets. My preference Cocoa and perlite. Get a scrog on a pheno of the platty ice and will be a happy the whole summer. Oh what a .. lol

BSGrows

Gardener
When it comes to the hyper-sensitive types, a wise man once said:

Lurch

Super Active Member
Agree, growing weed ain't quite rocket science. Follow the basics, don't be lazy on your schedule. Withstanding acts of nature .. Voilà. Good genetics make good buds.
Loving the pics.
Just one killer pheno from your hunting and will be happy Bossman. Will run it for years .. till your next creation
The frost on them plants. Go Boss. 🔥
Size matters!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I remember when I started really getting into indoor growing in 06 with all the new and latest stuff I invested almost every dollar I made from selling the weed back into my grows. Upgrades on everything. As the years progressed so did technology and availability of things. This opened the doors for even more investments. LeD , mini splits etc etc. I honestly can't wrap my head around why people that grow weed can't afford to outfit a small grow environment to dial it in.
most people are lazy!

D

Deleted member 2835

Me too...lol I really got into growing good weed about 06 before that it was fucking around trying to get a plant to flower with zero knowledge. I studied on overgrow for a year while I was deployed to Afghanistan while gathering whatever seeds i could find in country. Just like that song copperhead road lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For seed germination, a lot of people only do it occasionally so having a dedicated set-up might be outside the box? Not sure.

I have a set-up but have just been using the lights to give the dome warmth. Never had much luck with heat mats other than initial germination. And I have also never used heat mats on 1g or above plants, but if it's cold it can't hurt. The newer controls are better than original vivo-sux model where you plugged the heat mat into the thermostat. I dislike plugginh a heating element of any kind into an extension cord - which is basically what that thermostat was.

The next invention need's to be the heat mat that has adjustable temps instead of just being on/off based on an exterior thermostat/thermocouple.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Float the boat that hits the lode. You must taste many different fruits from your garden. Quality before quantity. Nice.
This side gotta pay the light bill and ting. Best tasting I ever had was a organic. Fastest, like Jack in a beanstalk fast was bubble buckets. My preference Cocoa and perlite. Get a scrog on a pheno of the platty ice and will be a happy the whole summer. Oh what a .. lol
For the guy that needs to bust out units to pay the mortgage, you'd be amazed how much work the worms can do for you. There are also quality organically derived nutrients available now, not sure about where you are though. BioAg has an assortment of amino's (helps plants uptake nutes) and mineral and micro-nute blends that can supplement pure organic grows without harm to the biome. I have gotten samples from my bean supplier and use some in minute amounts in my watering just to give little treats to the microbes. These are based around soy-amino's and humic/fulvic based additives.

Organics Alive is one that has similar stuff that is dialed in like the chelated minerals you are probably used to, with a veg, transition, flower and PK boost at the end.

There's just the question of availability for you, or finding similar copy-cat products with funny slang names that have an Amsterdam flair to them so they sound legit.

Just having a worm bin and fresh castings to add will do wonders unless you are in DWC or something like that