Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

Lurch

Super Active Member
For the guy that needs to bust out units to pay the mortgage, you'd be amazed how much work the worms can do for you. There are also quality organically derived nutrients available now, not sure about where you are though. BioAg has an assortment of amino's (helps plants uptake nutes) and mineral and micro-nute blends that can supplement pure organic grows without harm to the biome. I have gotten samples from my bean supplier and use some in minute amounts in my watering just to give little treats to the microbes. These are based around soy-amino's and humic/fulvic based additives.

Organics Alive is one that has similar stuff that is dialed in like the chelated minerals you are probably used to, with a veg, transition, flower and PK boost at the end.

There's just the question of availability for you, or finding similar copy-cat products with funny slang names that have an Amsterdam flair to them so they sound legit.

Just having a worm bin and fresh castings to add will do wonders unless you are in DWC or something like that
Aint working for the rent man amigo. Will grow a particular fave for the flame in organic when get my cut. Yield was lacking, taste was superb.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
For seed germination, a lot of people only do it occasionally so having a dedicated set-up might be outside the box? Not sure.

I have a set-up but have just been using the lights to give the dome warmth. Never had much luck with heat mats other than initial germination. And I have also never used heat mats on 1g or above plants, but if it's cold it can't hurt. The newer controls are better than original vivo-sux model where you plugged the heat mat into the thermostat. I dislike plugginh a heating element of any kind into an extension cord - which is basically what that thermostat was.

The next invention need's to be the heat mat that has adjustable temps instead of just being on/off based on an exterior thermostat/thermocouple.
Yeah the external probe works flawless. Stick it in whatever thing you want rhe temp set at. I use mine cloning so it goes in a dummy root riot. Done

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
I was confused by that, too It's like he expected to piss everyone off, while saying he didn't want to offend anyone, and then got pissed off that people didn't get offended.
I used to work with an old Marine. He'd preface everything with would you like to hear some constructive criticism and please understand its constructive.... then use that to transition into the dumbest interpretation of reality you've ever heard. Head was always spinning after.. Gaslighting 101...

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
For seed germination, a lot of people only do it occasionally so having a dedicated set-up might be outside the box? Not sure.

I have a set-up but have just been using the lights to give the dome warmth. Never had much luck with heat mats other than initial germination. And I have also never used heat mats on 1g or above plants, but if it's cold it can't hurt. The newer controls are better than original vivo-sux model where you plugged the heat mat into the thermostat. I dislike plugginh a heating element of any kind into an extension cord - which is basically what that thermostat was.

The next invention need's to be the heat mat that has adjustable temps instead of just being on/off based on an exterior thermostat/thermocouple.
A home light dimmer might help control the voltage to vary mat temps since there's no thermostat. I'm not an electrician but...
We're expecting power loss across parts of the state and down in the single digits.
You can't fight Mother Nature sometimes, dialed in grow space or not.

D

Deleted member 60

I honestly can't wrap my head around why people that grow weed can't afford to outfit a small grow environment to dial it in.
Truth @NoWaistedSpace!

@Heisen....I'm yer guy with the less than perfect grow...like most folks yer selling seeds to. Too cold...too hot...too humid...on and on.

Around here...it makes no sense to play (spend) that hard when I only grow 1 bloom cycle...if that...per year and a veg cycle pre-Summer grow. I could buy a 65K heater and spend $200 a month+ heating my garage and toss 10K in gadgets at this tomorrow in gadgets but all I'd really be doing is adding a bunch more 1 pound ziplock bags full of buds to the freezer for hash. With a less than perfect grow I can grow seeds form 10 different folks and see which plants perform the best in the same piss-poor conditions. Heehee. It's a different kind of contest!

I wish I still had a reason/need to play that hard...but like many...it's not cost effective or warranted. Besides...you fuckers gotta have somebody to laugh at.

"Different strokes for different folks and so on and so on, scooby dooby dooby doo..."

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Mini sp
Truth @NoWaistedSpace!

@Heisen....I'm yer guy with the less than perfect grow...like most folks yer selling seeds to. Too cold...too hot...too humid...on and on.

Around here...it makes no sense to play (spend) that hard when I only grow 1 bloom cycle...if that...per year and a veg cycle pre-Summer grow. I could buy a 65K heater and spend $200 a month+ heating my garage and toss 10K in gadgets at this tomorrow in gadgets but all I'd really be doing is adding a bunch more 1 pound ziplock bags full of buds to the freezer for hash. With a less than perfect grow I can grow seeds form 10 different folks and see which plants perform the best in the same piss-poor conditions. Heehee. It's a different kind of contest!

I wish I still had a reason/need to play that hard...but like many...it's not cost effective or warranted. Besides...you fuckers gotta have somebody to laugh at.

"Different strokes for different folks and so on and so on, scooby dooby dooby doo..."
Mini splits are cheap and also heat. A DIY 2 ton can be had for 1500, that's like less than a pound of weed. 1 grow

D

Deleted member 2835

Mini sp

Mini splits are cheap and also heat. A DIY 2 ton can be had for 1500, that's like less than a pound of weed. 1 grow
Especially if you go the alibaba route you can score one for under 600.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Truth @NoWaistedSpace!

Hell, I'm struggling just to keep my old ass warm right now let alone plants. But I'm hanging in there.
Plants are at least healthy.
My main goal at moment,
is to keep them that way.
I'll get another tent after my SS kicks in next month. I am officially "retired"!
I'm a legit FOP now. Haha!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
A home light dimmer might help control the voltage to vary mat temps since there's no thermostat. I'm not an electrician but...
I just know that the more stuff you plug in between a heating element and the wall, the more chance you have of an electrical fire. I'm sure it's do-able, and there may be models available already - but they aren't cheap enough if there is or you'd see them more. Having something practical and affordable is the key, and heat mats are so damn cheap the profit margin for innovatoion just isn't there.

Which brings the solution into the next level of 'specialized' expense rather than the everyday expenses. I think someone posted about a self contained germination station thing that cost way more than it would be worth compared to a cup and soil and a heat mat. But the more I think about it, it's the beginning of something that could decrease in price when the "innovation" is not as new and they start getting Chinese knock-offs.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hell, I'm struggling just to keep my old ass warm right now let alone plants. But I'm hanging in there.
Plants are at least healthy.
My main goal at moment,
is to keep them that way.
I'll get another tent after my SS kicks in next month. I am officially "retired"!
I'm a legit FOP now. Haha!
One of the bennies of having a career as a square working for the man, is that the man now funds me sitting home growing weed, and will until I die. :cool:

My social security doesn't kick in for several more years.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I just know that the more stuff you plug in between a heating element and the wall, the more chance you have of an electrical fire. I'm sure it's do-able, and there may be models available already - but they aren't cheap enough if there is or you'd see them more. Having something practical and affordable is the key, and heat mats are so damn cheap the profit margin for innovatoion just isn't there.

Which brings the solution into the next level of 'specialized' expense rather than the everyday expenses. I think someone posted about a self contained germination station thing that cost way more than it would be worth compared to a cup and soil and a heat mat. But the more I think about it, it's the beginning of something that could decrease in price when the "innovation" is not as new and they start getting Chinese knock-offs.
A self contained grow system is the future of home grows.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
A self contained grow system is the future of home grows.
They have had packaged tent deals with lights and ventillation for a while, and the quality of the stuff offered varies as well. But I haven't seen much geared towards germination and domes and such. Haven't been looking that hard though...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I used to work with an old Marine. He'd preface everything with would you like to hear some constructive criticism and please understand its constructive.... then use that to transition into the dumbest interpretation of reality you've ever heard. Head was always spinning after.. Gaslighting 101...
"Please don't take this wrong, but you're a fucking idiot! And I mean that constructively" 😂 love those guys that tell it straight LOL

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
Shit I'm still watering by hand and mixing water in a gallon milk jug lol I don't even oh my water anymore, the nutrients always buffered it right at 6.5 every time for years. I got really slack last year or so. I've been running autos in a perpetual so I was harvesting every month or so. I didn't get the bulk but I was more interested in variety. My opinion auto flowers have come a very long way and may be the future