Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
On another note..............................

I'm in last place. H was right, terrible grower :(

I will get to the bottom of this tho. Something aint right. Got a par meter coming tonight and will be looking at that very closely. Other than that I have a heat issue. I solved that by turning the lights down to 500 watts but maybe now the par is too low.

These plants are usually packed with frost by 7 weeks. Here is my Lemon Berry Candy OG. This plant was packed with frost my first grow. Here it is now in the same tent as the contest plants.

View attachment 135733

View attachment 135734

This is my SFG that I've had for 2 years. Totally lacking in frost.

View attachment 135735

Will get to the bottom of this soon I hope. I'm also wondering if it's the food but food is fucking food right?
Looks like.u might have picked up that illness man. You take any clones lately?

Looks like.u might have picked up that illness man. You take any clones lately?
None. All the clones that I took myself were from plants that were seeds. Just planted them a week ago and they look great. Everything I have is in veg or finishing flowering. I have not had clones from anyone in years.

This all started when I replaced my tents and moved everything around. I really think it may be my lights are too high. I will soon see if I'm right with this new par meter coming. I have HLG Scorpion Diablo's. They give the best par readings 12 to 18 inches above canopy. I was almost 3 feet above.

These plants are under the Chilled Growcraft X600. They also are best run @ 18 to 24 inches above canopy.

I do have quite a few clones on the way tho. I'll keep them away from all the others and wash my stuff up good before planting. My plants are healthy as fuck. Just not as much frost as usual.

Maybe it is this Dyna Gro stuff. Not sure.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
None. All the clones that I took myself were from plants that were seeds. Just planted them a week ago and they look great. Everything I have is in veg or finishing flowering. I have not had clones from anyone in years.

This all started when I replaced my tents and moved everything around. I really think it may be my lights are too high. I will soon see if I'm right with this new par meter coming. I have HLG Scorpion Diablo's. They give the best par readings 12 to 18 inches above canopy. I was almost 3 feet above.

These plants are under the Chilled Growcraft X600. They also are best run @ 18 to 24 inches above canopy.

I do have quite a few clones on the way tho. I'll keep them away from all the others and wash my stuff up good before planting. My plants are healthy as fuck. Just not as much frost as usual.

Maybe it is this Dyna Gro stuff. Not sure.
High heat can kill trichs for sure

This little par meter is really fucking good. Comes close to what HLG tests on their website but mine seems a little higher.

DSCN1476.JPG

You can hold it in your hand and move it all around and it instantly changes and sets itself if you press the HOLD key. Raise it up, move it down or all over the place.

This pic is from an HLG V2 100 watt. 750 par only 12 inches from the light
DSCN1477.JPG

My par reading for the contest plants was 600. Not bad but not the 800 to 1000 I would like. I also noticed that you don't have to run the light at full power to get high par readings. I was over 1000 par only 18 inches from my Chilled x600 running @ 495 watts 🤗

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
And this is always the bullshit I take the heat for. Every fucking scandal always drags me down . Even though I had nothing to do with selling those clones, someone somewhere is gonna call me a douchebag over it. Same with every other scandal. Picture gate, S1 gate, payofix gate, Dox gate (got me banned from overgrow)
It's just fuked up and I get beat down like a dog when I defended myself on the GPS discord.
I literally had a moderator on overgrow gave me a 3 day ultimatum to make gu apologize for supposedly doxing someone. What's fuked up is I had nothing to do with it. The moderator was a GPS hater from rollitup that already hated greenpoint over the s1s bullshit.
Screenshot_20240229_145816_Samsung Internet.jpg

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
This little par meter is really fucking good. Comes close to what HLG tests on their website but mine seems a little higher.

View attachment 135746

You can hold it in your hand and move it all around and it instantly changes and sets itself if you press the HOLD key. Raise it up, move it down or all over the place.

This pic is from an HLG V2 100 watt. 750 par only 12 inches from the light
View attachment 135747

My par reading for the contest plants was 600. Not bad but not the 800 to 1000 I would like. I also noticed that you don't have to run the light at full power to get high par readings. I was over 1000 par only 18 inches from my Chilled x600 running @ 495 watts 🤗
If u have android download the Ppfd app and see how close they are.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
But the plant is making more to replace those lost as long as it is living. Might be making new ones to deal with the heat that it idn't have before? We still know so little that has been proven.
You are correct, there is a "sweet spot" for each cultivar.
After that point, it couldn't replace them fast enough. (you get to keep all the goo on the leaves though)
Humidity plays a roll based off the temps.
My opinion.
You learn a lot dealing with "cold temps" in a contest. lol

Lurch

Super Active Member
As soon as i seen this pic my eyes didnt go towards the plants, it went straight to that fukn dirty ass fan blowing across his beauties...

The dude can grow no doubt, but every time hed comment on his plants its was allways like he was the best gardener ever, talkn down on everyone else , that i just didn't care for imo..

He lost a whole run recently, so i guess hes not as good as he says all time...
and his ducting is fkd. Low light. Cold and damp looking. Cleanliness null punkte.
Should try mushrooms. Plants look shite as well if the truth is told.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
You are correct, there is a "sweet spot" for each cultivar.
After that point, it couldn't replace them fast enough. (you get to keep all the goo on the leaves though)
Humidity plays a roll based off the temps.
My opinion.
You learn a lot dealing with "cold temps" in a contest. lol
no doubt!

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Some of you might remember this. So I got an email from Gwheels this morning cussing me out saying I didn't send frimpong the contest seeds cause it wasn't my seeds. This is the dumbest ass shit I've ever heard. I sent out plenty of prizes that wasn't mine. Anyway I had to go back and figure out exactly how it all went down but I found the thread and had to undelete over 80 replies that can add clarity to this shit so people will know what happened.. I hate fucking liars. When I called frimpong out for his pic he cussed me up and down. Hust17 hated J James and was mad I made him a mod. The whole situation was a shit show with them 2 always in the center of drama. I'm sick of people spreading lies about what happened. Here's the truth.

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
Some of you might remember this. So I got an email from Gwheels this morning cussing me out saying I didn't send frimpong the contest seeds cause it wasn't my seeds. This is the dumbest ass shit I've ever heard. I sent out plenty of prizes that wasn't mine. Anyway I had to go back and figure out exactly how it all went down but I found the thread and had to undelete over 80 replies that can add clarity to this shit so people will know what happened.. I hate fucking liars. When I called frimpong out for his pic he cussed me up and down. Hust17 hated J James and was mad I made him a mod. The whole situation was a shit show with them 2 always in the center of drama. I'm sick of people spreading lies about what happened. Here's the truth.
I luv this old dave savula quote.. "You be wright, I'll be rich!"