Pitchin' the tent, payin' the rent...

• Thread starter Deleted member 60
  • Start date

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
I still have 2 Blueberry Muffin seeds left.
I wasn't impressed with the ones I grew out.
I used to have a sweet cherry strain that you'd smack your lips together over and over gathering the taste after you took a draw.
I lost it over the years.
This orange that come out of the breeding project seeds is
some of best tasting to smoke I've grown lately.
Big ass buds too.
From those Afghani 1 genetics possibly.
The best plant I've grown to date was an Afghani strain!
Got a clone from a friend that new a gal that ran a dispensary..PDX area.
She called it Sweet Afghani, grew it strictly for concentrates.
Got 2 lbs of beautiful bud off of her...
The most intense grape smell and taste I've ever experienced with any weed.
Don't know much about results beyond the thc and cbd levels....

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 09-28-55 COA_PD151217-018_20151221174000-1.PDF-crop.png

But this combination was lights out knock your dick right in the dirt kinda buzz.
Sold a lb and kept a lb for myself, this was the last toke of the night every night for about a year!

The dude from the dispensary called me like 3 days later wanting more, offered
another grand on top of the 2 grand I'd gotten, sorry man can't put a price on what I have left!

I sure do miss growing in a GH!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The best plant I've grown to date was an Afghani strain!
Got a clone from a friend that new a gal that ran a dispensary..PDX area.
She called it Sweet Afghani, grew it strictly for concentrates.
Got 2 lbs of beautiful bud off of her...
The most intense grape smell and taste I've ever experienced with any weed.
Don't know much about results beyond the thc and cbd levels....

View attachment 133728

But this combination was lights out knock your dick right in the dirt kinda buzz.
Sold a lb and kept a lb for myself, this was the last toke of the night every night for about a year!

The dude from the dispensary called me like 3 days later wanting more, offered
another grand on top of the 2 grand I'd gotten, sorry man can't put a price on what I have left!

I sure do miss growing in a GH!
can't say as i blame you ,i would be hoarding it myself!i would love to try a greenhouse myself ,guess i'll set a small 1 6'x10' up for my wife for garden starts!;)

D

Deleted member 60

We have a 26' dome greenhouse we constructed in 2015. It's all year round/holds it's own on temps until it gets down to single digits...and I have a(nother) catalytic wood stove I installed that I use on super cold nights to keep shit from freezing. There's a 1000 gallon "pond" in there as well that helps regulate temps and somewhere to source water.

It's a different environment for sure. Wide swings in temps....crazy humidity levels....and a sheltered environment for all of the critters we hate.
906112_629506010524920_4879883751821648815_o.jpg
12697394_666703570138497_7397125669316635512_o.jpg
59846402_1420621724746674_7206260562051727360_n.jpg
92874897_1740766239398886_2347901356200689664_n.jpg

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
We have a 26' dome greenhouse we constructed in 2015. It's all year round/holds it's own on temps until it gets down to single digits...and I have a(nother) catalytic wood stove I installed that I use on super cold nights to keep shit from freezing. There's a 1000 gallon "pond" in there as well that helps regulate temps and somewhere to source water.

It's a different environment for sure. Wide swings in temps....crazy humidity levels....and a sheltered environment for all of the critters we hate.
View attachment 133750
View attachment 133751
View attachment 133752
View attachment 133753
That's so fuking cool, love the looks of those!
Did you custom cut the shade panels?

Couldn't believe how hot mine got without a shade cloth.
Left one day to go fishing and forgot to pull the cloth down, was in the 90s that day.
Came home the temp was pegged at 120, it was way hotter than that.
The plant were praying so hard the tips were touching each other trying to avoid the sun.
After a few days a lot of the upper fans started to yellow and die, never let that happen again!

Bought a temp sensor for my swamp cooler and exhaust fan. Then a dehumidifier for the fall months.
Learned to manage the environment better after that.

D

Deleted member 60

Left one day to go fishing and forgot to pull the cloth down, was in the 90s that day.
The plant were praying so hard the tips were touching each other trying to avoid the sun.
After a few days a lot of the upper fans started to yellow and die, never let that happen again!

Bought a temp sensor for my swamp cooler and exhaust fan. Then a dehumidifier for the fall months.
These domes are kits that are made in Pagosa Springs, CO. by a company called "Growing Spaces". Kits range from 15'-22'-26'-33'-42' ft in diameter. 16mm 5 wall poly...not the thin shit!

Not cheap...but we decided that the daily Florida-type environment mid-winter and greenery all year round was worth the outlay of cash.

@Slowdrawl .... Those panels are a part of the back/North wall above the pond that we removed to let in more light. We move em around/here/there if we need to block the afternoon Summer sun/etc. They somewhat reflect the sun back/into the pond...or so the theory goes.

We've seen temps up to 105F on the days where it's upper 90's...but the dome isn't like square GH's in that the panels are all angled and there's no huge, flat side to get blasted by the sun. It'll withstand huge wind/snow loads as well. There are 2 side panels that open automatically/temp sensitive/etc...and 2 roof panels as well. Gives some ventilation and helps keep temps down, for sure. The theory here is to grow big plantings/vines on the outer walls and shade the inside as much as possible. If you can do that the temps will hang with...or below...the outside temps mid-afternoon. We use an aluminet 50% shade cloth on the outside as well.... and I have a dehuey set @ 45% in there 365 days a year cus I hate high humidity and molds and algae/etc. Keep it below 45%....no BS on that front.

The mass of the planting beds and the pond help regulate temps. There are corrugated pipes running in/under the beds and fans to move air through em. It's an interesting system. We're sun challenged down here in our narrow little valley but it still performs well.
12374884_645763978899123_2189708225319974757_o.jpg
12440370_654362744705913_1365434392673311173_o.jpg

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
These domes are kits that are made in Pagosa Springs, CO. by a company called "Growing Spaces". Kits range from 15'-22'-26'-33'-42' ft in diameter. 16mm 5 wall poly...not the thin shit!

Not cheap...but we decided that the daily Florida-type environment mid-winter and greenery all year round was worth the outlay of cash.

@Slowdrawl .... Those panels are a part of the back/North wall above the pond that we removed to let in more light. We move em around/here/there if we need to block the afternoon Summer sun/etc. They somewhat reflect the sun back/into the pond...or so the theory goes.

We've seen temps up to 105F on the days where it's upper 90's...but the dome isn't like square GH's in that the panels are all angled and there's no huge, flat side to get blasted by the sun. It'll withstand huge wind/snow loads as well. There are 2 side panels that open automatically/temp sensitive/etc...and 2 roof panels as well. Gives some ventilation and helps keep temps down, for sure. The theory here is to grow big plantings/vines on the outer walls and shade the inside as much as possible. If you can do that the temps will hang with...or below...the outside temps mid-afternoon. We use an aluminet 50% shade cloth on the outside as well.... and I have a dehuey set @ 45% in there 365 days a year cus I hate high humidity and molds and algae/etc. Keep it below 45%....no BS on that front.

The mass of the planting beds and the pond help regulate temps. There are corrugated pipes running in/under the beds and fans to move air through em. It's an interesting system. We're sun challenged down here in our narrow little valley but it still performs well.
View attachment 133760
View attachment 133761
This thing is awesome!

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

View attachment 133750
View attachment 133751
View attachment 133752
View attachment 133753
I could have some fun in that thing. lol
Why doesn't anyone grow "poppies" anymore.
I remember everyone had them in their flower gardens in the 60's.
I bought a sack of the Johnson n Johnson's "Tasmanian Blue" poppies,
been wanting to grow them out.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

CO2 is a "must have" in a greenhouse from what I have researched.

D

Deleted member 60

I tried growing opium poppies outside a few years ago but had no luck. Read up...didn't cold stratify 'em at all...so am gonna retry this year and hope for some luck. I may try to start em in trays in the dome. I've successfully grown the Icelandic's from seed w/o cold stratification but I'm guessing they would also benefit/do better after a shot of cold. Either way...I just put 4 or 5 packs of somniferum seed (and a bunch of other wildflower seed) in the fridge a few weeks ago. The Icelandics took forever to grow so I'm gonna believe the opie's are the same way and start em late Feb/early March.

The dome has been a fun project but we didn't grow as much food as we'd planned due to the bugs. I've dealt with strawberry/two-spotted mites, whiteflies, aphids (armies of the bitches...all born pregnant), thrips, root nematodes, slugs, blahdeefuckinblah until I got so sick of em we transitioned to flowers...(other than the garden starts in Spring) so I can blast the fuck out of the place when anyone rears their head. Tried to stay "organic:" and do lettuce/greens/veggies but it was a full time/losing battle. We've done awesome tomatoes that we can push into Winter but we do so well outside it's like the weed....there's no real need to push it that hard. Powdery mildew is also a concern on a few things. All of the above is also why I don't grow pot in there.

IMO...you'd go broke pumping CO2 in here. It's 550 sq ft...and a shitload of cu ft with the 12.5' tall ceiling. Would be nice in the rinky-dinky tent about now though. I can only imagine the advances now with such systems compared to the old days of doing calcs/fans on/off/etc. with the unit (Hydrofarm?) on the tank with the dial/bubble set point. I used to go get tanks at the bar supply in town. They thought I was a caretaker for a bunch of houses in SkiTown with Kegerators...LOL...cus I was noided and had to come up with a story to justify buying tanks every few weeks. Ah...the 90's. :ROFLMAO:(y)

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I tried growing opium poppies outside a few years ago but had no luck. Read up...didn't cold stratify 'em at all...so am gonna retry this year and hope for some luck. I may try to start em in trays in the dome. I've successfully grown the Icelandic's from seed w/o cold stratification but I'm guessing they would also benefit/do better after a shot of cold. Either way...I just put 4 or 5 packs of somniferum seed (and a bunch of other wildflower seed) in the fridge a few weeks ago. The Icelandics took forever to grow so I'm gonna believe the opie's are the same way and start em late Feb/early March.

The dome has been a fun project but we didn't grow as much food as we'd planned due to the bugs. I've dealt with strawberry/two-spotted mites, whiteflies, aphids (armies of the bitches...all born pregnant), thrips, root nematodes, slugs, blahdeefuckinblah until I got so sick of em we transitioned to flowers...(other than the garden starts in Spring) so I can blast the fuck out of the place when anyone rears their head. Tried to stay "organic:" and do lettuce/greens/veggies but it was a full time/losing battle. We've done awesome tomatoes that we can push into Winter but we do so well outside it's like the weed....there's no real need to push it that hard. Powdery mildew is also a concern on a few things. All of the above is also why I don't grow pot in there.

IMO...you'd go broke pumping CO2 in here. It's 550 sq ft...and a shitload of cu ft with the 12.5' tall ceiling. Would be nice in the rinky-dinky tent about now though. I can only imagine the advances now with such systems compared to the old days of doing calcs/fans on/off/etc. with the unit (Hydrofarm?) on the tank with the dial/bubble set point. I used to go get tanks at the bar supply in town. They thought I was a caretaker for a bunch of houses in SkiTown with Kegerators...LOL...cus I was noided and had to come up with a story to justify buying tanks every few weeks. Ah...the 90's. :ROFLMAO:(y)
My understanding about 45 degrees is what poppies like. You should start in Nov ,
harvest up to May? Not sure.
The don't like high temps.

D

Deleted member 60

My understanding about 45 degrees is what poppies like. You should start in Nov ,
harvest up to May? Not sure.
The don't like high temps.
They're gonna have to like it warmer than that:ROFLMAO:....'cus around here it's still freezing @ night in May. We go from Winter to Summer here most years in a span of a month. That's why I always kinda chuckle (OK...laugh loudly) at the folks back East who can start in Feb/March who talk about how lush their gardens are. Yeah...they should be...you live in the fuckin TROPICS and have a 6 month long growing season... Duh. (I grew up in KC/the Tropics) Try a 90-120 day long growing season with freezing temps on both ends and then get back to me for a comparison:rolleyes: Pfffft.

We'll see on the poppies though. Not a deal breaker...and it'd probably be better if they didn't grow...LOL. But....like shrooms...I kinda wanna do it and say I did it to get it out of my system. LOL. And they're purty.

Still chuggin' along here in TentLand. My pH down was toast...so I used some 45% vinegar I have for killing weeds in the interim 'til the real deal shows up. Can tell it works >a bit<...but it doesn't hold in the zone for very long, for sure. After 24 hours the small bit of irrigation water in the bucket was back up around 8. As a result...these bitches have greened up a bit...but they still aren't as green as I like em to be....and those neutral K lights just amplify it all.

While I'm still awaiting it's arrival...I ended up buying a small heater for the space. Fuckin crazy. So much for the days of adding lights for heat. I'd go broke trying to get much heat that way. I could never run 2000 watts of HID in such a small space with little to no ventilation in/out of the space like I'm doing now with these 2 "600" panels. Dunno WTF I'd do if I were in a "gotta filter that air for smell" situation....cus running fans like that would kill my temps bigly... Sure would be nice to have some CO2 in there though...LOL. It is what it is though. Opened the doors yesterday and blew a big ass fan in there all day to dry out some of the moisture down around the floor insert. Last grow I had mold down there when I took the tent down. I'm just not used to growing in such humidity/confined spaces.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
They're gonna have to like it warmer than that:ROFLMAO:....'cus around here it's still freezing @ night in May. We go from Winter to Summer here most years in a span of a month. That's why I always kinda chuckle (OK...laugh loudly) at the folks back East who can start in Feb/March who talk about how lush their gardens are. Yeah...they should be...you live in the fuckin TROPICS and have a 6 month long growing season... Duh. (I grew up in KC/the Tropics) Try a 90-120 day long growing season with freezing temps on both ends and then get back to me for a comparison:rolleyes: Pfffft.

We'll see on the poppies though. Not a deal breaker...and it'd probably be better if they didn't grow...LOL. But....like shrooms...I kinda wanna do it and say I did it to get it out of my system. LOL. And they're purty.

Still chuggin' along here in TentLand. My pH down was toast...so I used some 45% vinegar I have for killing weeds in the interim 'til the real deal shows up. Can tell it works >a bit<...but it doesn't hold in the zone for very long, for sure. After 24 hours the small bit of irrigation water in the bucket was back up around 8. As a result...these bitches have greened up a bit...but they still aren't as green as I like em to be....and those neutral K lights just amplify it all.

While I'm still awaiting it's arrival...I ended up buying a small heater for the space. Fuckin crazy. So much for the days of adding lights for heat. I'd go broke trying to get much heat that way. I could never run 2000 watts of HID in such a small space with little to no ventilation in/out of the space like I'm doing now with these 2 "600" panels. Dunno WTF I'd do if I were in a "gotta filter that air for smell" situation....cus running fans like that would kill my temps bigly... Sure would be nice to have some CO2 in there though...LOL. It is what it is though. Opened the doors yesterday and blew a big ass fan in there all day to dry out some of the moisture down around the floor insert. Last grow I had mold down there when I took the tent down. I'm just not used to growing in such humidity/confined spaces.
he'll i run three fans 24/7 in a confined space!my lung room stays at 64 degrees year round .

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
Last edited: