Pitchin' the tent, payin' the rent...

• Thread starter Deleted member 60
  • Start date

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
They're gonna have to like it warmer than that:ROFLMAO:....'cus around here it's still freezing @ night in May. We go from Winter to Summer here most years in a span of a month. That's why I always kinda chuckle (OK...laugh loudly) at the folks back East who can start in Feb/March who talk about how lush their gardens are. Yeah...they should be...you live in the fuckin TROPICS and have a 6 month long growing season... Duh. (I grew up in KC/the Tropics) Try a 90-120 day long growing season with freezing temps on both ends and then get back to me for a comparison:rolleyes: Pfffft.

We'll see on the poppies though. Not a deal breaker...and it'd probably be better if they didn't grow...LOL. But....like shrooms...I kinda wanna do it and say I did it to get it out of my system. LOL. And they're purty.

Still chuggin' along here in TentLand. My pH down was toast...so I used some 45% vinegar I have for killing weeds in the interim 'til the real deal shows up. Can tell it works >a bit<...but it doesn't hold in the zone for very long, for sure. After 24 hours the small bit of irrigation water in the bucket was back up around 8. As a result...these bitches have greened up a bit...but they still aren't as green as I like em to be....and those neutral K lights just amplify it all.

While I'm still awaiting it's arrival...I ended up buying a small heater for the space. Fuckin crazy. So much for the days of adding lights for heat. I'd go broke trying to get much heat that way. I could never run 2000 watts of HID in such a small space with little to no ventilation in/out of the space like I'm doing now with these 2 "600" panels. Dunno WTF I'd do if I were in a "gotta filter that air for smell" situation....cus running fans like that would kill my temps bigly... Sure would be nice to have some CO2 in there though...LOL. It is what it is though. Opened the doors yesterday and blew a big ass fan in there all day to dry out some of the moisture down around the floor insert. Last grow I had mold down there when I took the tent down. I'm just not used to growing in such humidity/confined spaces.
The temps are the reason I haven't started.
Temps will have to controlled through winter and harvest starting in March, April,and maybe May.
I figured someone in here has been growing them and had some tips. lol

D

Deleted member 2835

I also grew poppies on my front doorway in town. They never got as big as the ones in Afghanistan. Speaking of which I remember walking through giant fields of poppies I would break the bulbs off and lick the sap. It made carrying 140 pounds of equipment bearable.
My tip is to plant them as soon as the snow starts melting.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I also grew poppies on my front doorway in town. They never got as big as the ones in Afghanistan. Speaking of which I remember walking through giant fields of poppies I would break the bulbs off and lick the sap. It made carrying 140 pounds of equipment bearable.
My tip is to plant them as soon as the snow starts melting.
I thought about trying to plant some for shits and giggles.
Hell, I got mushroom spores in the frig, been in there for a few years.
Been meaning to grow them too. lol

D

Deleted member 60

LOL...ya can't worry about temps here or you won't be growing a fucking thing. Like all the guys and their "VPD" worries/barking/posturing. You'd be smoking oak leaves if you believed that shit here and that there are no allowances outside of the optimal ranges of growth. We can have a 50 degree swings in temps IN ONE DAY here. Ditto humidity. Wake up...it's 80-90%. Sun rises....and every minute that humidity drops....in Summer...down into single digits @ times....all on the span of ONE DAY.

My peacenik is gonna show here.....cus I've never been to Afghanistan other than a few times in my backyard in the early 80's. Puff, puff, pass. I didn't get into all of the shit (busted for Diluadids) my buddies who got shipped off in the 70's-80's did. My best buddy as a young kid was sent to Thailand...and he got tossed in the Navy cus he was a junkie in the first place/got popped. LOL..fucker sends me a Xmas card one year from Thailand of him sitting in front of a huge pile of junk...surrounded by hookers...LOL. "Military". Came back a severe alkie <and< a junkie. Probably worked on the planes some of yaz flew...

I gave myself the gift of learning how to grow shrooms on my 50th. Woulda been more fun @ 15 when I was tripping all the time....but yeah....been there....did that. Fun stuff. Not as hard as some make it out to be....like weed! I don't even wanna look at the shroom forums to see the "advances".

"It's the new, Bluetooth, touchscreen mushroom Tub from NotfunCo! Just push the button and follow the app and you too can grow shrooms like Alice in Wonderland did!!" (now with the new PlayStation app!)

Fuckin Old People....

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I gave myself the gift of learning how to grow shrooms on my 50th. Woulda been more fun @ 15 when I was tripping all the time....but yeah....been there....did that. Fun stuff. Not as hard as some make it out to be....like weed! I don't even wanna look at the shroom forums to see the "advances".

"It's the new, Bluetooth, touchscreen mushroom Tub from NotfunCo! Just push the button and follow the app and you too can grow shrooms like Alice in Wonderland did!!" (now with the new PlayStation app!)

Fuckin Old People....
While people do act like growing shrooms is a lot more difficult than it is, shroom growers typically scoff at anyone who posts anything high tech for growing them. Most of them don't even like seeing people post Martha Tent grows and typically reply with "Why are you wasting your money when all you need is a tub and a shelf to put it on?". The only difficult part of shroom growing, IMHO, is making sure everything is sterile for the inoculation. Other than that it is primarily a game of patience.

D

Deleted member 60

I screwed up my first attempt (PF Tek?) trying to be "sterile". Pretty much decided then that there were certain parts of the process that needed extra care...but overall...nope. Finally wired the process once I stopped the rice cake shit and went to spawning tubs of birdseed/starting using coco.

I'm sure it's all changed now...like growing weed has....and any knowledge you once had is frowned upon today. Fuckin' Old People.

Just get the app and a 3-D printer and print those shrooms right up...:ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 60

I was thinking about getting a couple solar powered fans for ventilation. It's my wife's birthday present so really it's her project I'm just the "muscle" lol
Didn't know if there was a ventilation package/kit/option with the GH kit/etc....or.... if they pre-framed/etc. the openings for fans/etc??

Just wonderin' cus I have 2 vents I'd send ya if you were interested. One looks like the one in this dome pic. Has a wax-filled tube that heats up and opens the vent....then closes the vent as it cools/the Sun goes down. It was set up originally in my dome in tandem with an "Endless Breeze" 12 v fan wired direct to a solar panel to bring in cooler air during the day... but...as it was located on the north wall/tucked back in a bit...it never opened/closed as it would in a warmer climate. I've since used that hole to stick a 6" stovepipe through for my stove. It's a 12 x 12 opening and it's 15" square side-to-side.
Summer-2013-159-1024x765.jpg
And I have 16'-18" vent as well...it's one that mounts outside that a fan inside pushes open when on....and that closes when the fan goes off. Nothing automatic/etc.
OIP (2).jpeg

No pressure/just a thought. This shit is just gathering dust in my garage. Would be glad to box 'em up and send 'em yer way if yer gonna be turning around and buying the same kinda shit to get this project off-the-ground.

Other thoughts....you may wanna hillbilly a conduit for a good extension cord on a GFCI...or if you know how...run a protected 15 amp/20 amp Romex/4 banger out there. Ditto water. Not sure where the GH will be from yer house...maybe you have that shit covered already(?)

Fuckin Old People....

D

Deleted member 2835

"Yeah hon....there's Skunk #1....Afghani....Chocolate Thai....Oaxacan...and "Labrador" :ROFLMAO:"
Hey now there's a strain out there called dogshit that smells like it's name that will knock your dick into the ground. It's an older strain as well I think I first heard about it in 95 or so.

D

Deleted member 60

Hey now there's a strain out there called dogshit that smells like it's name that will knock your dick into the ground. It's an older strain as well I think I first heard about it in 95 or so.
I've been hearing something about that one just in the last few weeks. Super stinky/BO/armpit/ketchup terps with lots of orange hair. :ROFLMAO:

I think I'll pass...as always. The contact high is enough here. That joint needs snuffed out and flushed. Soon.

Got the heater in the space. Not seeing flames coming from the garage so no tellin' if it worked...LOL. Crazy stupid shit I never thought I'd do.
Sure can burn up a lot of energy for fuckin little buds on sticks...huh? C'mon Summer....... sheesh.

D

Deleted member 2835

I've been hearing something about that one just in the last few weeks. Super stinky/BO/armpit/ketchup terps with lots of orange hair. :ROFLMAO:

I think I'll pass...as always. The contact high is enough here. That joint needs snuffed out and flushed. Soon.

Got the heater in the space. Not seeing flames coming from the garage so no tellin' if it worked...LOL. Crazy stupid shit I never thought I'd do.
Sure can burn up a lot of energy for fuckin little buds on sticks...huh? C'mon Summer....... sheesh.
That's crazy I haven't heard about that strain for at least 10 years... also I greatly appreciate the offer I'll send you my details via dm.