Payload

Jewels

Bon~Fire
It has been one month since these ladies first saw darkness. Sept 5th.
Buds came on slow. Starting to pack on.

I gotta ask.
Do I see less stretch in flower because I veg for so darn long ?
Some of you guys are say'n 2 - 3 feet ?
I burnt these plants on a 400 hid right before I moved them into the flower room.
4 weeks later, and it has been all bud ever since.

1 week after flip. Sept 12th. Regard bulb burn.
They sit about a handspan below the black intake fan.
Capture+_2019-10-06-00-30-29.png

Capture+_2019-10-06-00-40-44(1).png

Today- three weeks later
Capture+_2019-10-04-15-42-57.png

Capture+_2019-10-06-00-20-39.png

They have barely crested the fan.
20191005_235455.jpg
It really cannot be the strain. All three strains neck and neck.
I cant see these getting much taller. I should say, they are welcome to,,,it is all corn cobs from ear on in.

Slightly off topic.
Bad photo of a baaad girl.
Never had a baby that shined up before.
20191005_235912.jpg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Random picture thread.
Oct 3rd
20191003_141844_HDR.jpg
Oct 9th
Boom sweatheart
20191009_210041.jpg
Apparently, these things grow a 'lil better with heat.
Applying the same principal.
Igloo germinator
20190927_180139_HDR(1).jpg

-
20190927_180848_HDR.jpg
-
Igloo cloner
I am cutting my clones progressively larger. I think I may be pushing my luck on this round.
Fresh skeleton cookies under glass.
2-3 week clone centre.
The very bottom of frame shows skeleton that I left out of the glass. Still standing after three days. It did get a prolonged blast @ 10C today , whilst I was tinkering with the new door. I am 90% insulated and 75% blacked -out, with the new flower room.
,,,,soon

Is true- cannot kill the undead.
20191009_205810_Burst01.jpg
This is a bunny that says "kiss my ass"
20191009_084254.jpg
And here is one stone cold frosty 5 week bud.
My sparkleiest to date.
20191009_013357_HDR.jpg

20191009_013338.jpg
I just noticed ⬆ sawtooth bades. Kinda nifty.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Well,,, I am a happy, proper, boy. This one was not on the bucket list.
It WAS the bucket.

Finally got my hands on something hot here. There is a fine fellow on this forum who had a genius idea, and ran with it.
Unparalleled Pontification

Like me, he digs Crockett Farms "Tangie". What better to cross with that absolutely delicious offering other than "SourTangie" ???

Mind Blown.
Genius.

@THT and his crew snuck under the Crockett Family fence and sniffed out the best they had to offer.
Give this a read ,,, 'tis more interesting than anything you'll find here.
I would have been happy with Dollar store genitics. This is stuff of legend.
Seeds proved viable, and his test pop brought forth only males.

I feel like a rock star, as far as I know, no one has 'er laid lips on this stuff.
My girl could cremate three Tangie fingers a day.

On Sept 22 I had them split
20190922_092122.jpg
Two days later I got three ripping to go.
20190925_091557.jpg
I am not planning on pussyfoot'n around.
Prairie Style. Neck deep - Full sun.
20190925_131234_HDR.jpg
Prairie Style - It snowed.
Into the igloo. I added water and put in an aquarium heater. Windows steamed up right away.
20190927_180722_HDR.jpg
Then things got interesting.
20191011_220150_HDR.jpg
The diesel is hitting on all three cylinders !
20191011_220035.jpg
Like all my diesel's this one is a rough start.
Although, it is the pick of the litter - so far.
20191011_220018_HDR.jpg

I am just waiting to see roots out the pot. I think I may wash down the tripler and let 'er swim in the bubbles.

I have NEVER been tempted to keep a male before.
Prrrrretty sure my wife would do gay stuff for the Tangie. 🤜🙀

Diesel cycle.
Diesel-cycle-working-process.png
Two stroke
diagram.gif
Diesel +Tangie +Tangie =
"2Stroke Tangie"
20190921_125757(1).jpg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
That is interesting.

Health, shape , structure, vigor, size,,, -everything seemed bang on.

Having been very cautious, I was not overly corncerned, just kinda confused about the colouring. I figured it would straighten itself out. I am old enough to know that not everything will manifest as it did in my imagination. And, I have been married long enough to assume everything is my fault !

you should be really happy with the results :D
I am already over the moon.
Personality wise; I am pretty deep in my shell, just sending you the first PM was a pretty bold move for me. Your comradery, and generosity supersedes any material goods.
The fact that I am now growing the tastiest weed North of the 49th, is certainly a welcome bonus.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Ignorance is bliss. If I did not know any better I would be extremely happy with this crop. All the fan leaves are picture perfect. Everything is forming up beautifully,,,But I know better. There is no bulk here. I just browsed back through some of my old grow journals and found a photo of week 6.
This photo is a year old.
downloadfile-7.jpg
Now those are buds ! I recall -on my very first crop, those for plants gave me all together almost 11 oz.

I am looking at my flower room today and it is certainly not the same. I am darn near 6 weeks since first dark night. I may be lucky to see a half pound here.
The sativa is the hungriest plan I have ever met. I veged it for an extra month to chase out the yellow new growth and satisfactorily greened it up before flower cycle.
I am using the same brand nutrients as ever, although at a slightly greater concentration.
I went into this knowing that these were stepchildren and I decided to flog them as hard as I could to see what they were capable of.
I am shy and I have never burnt a flowering plant , right now I am feeding at least 200 parts per million higher than I ever have before.
They got 'er damn near 950ppm yesterday. The leafs now hang heavy and point down, whereas previously they pray 24/7. I feel I have reached the upper limit.

I twisted in a fresh 1k Hps @ flip. I am outta ideas.
For my part, I plan on moving my data logging thermometer to observe nighttime temp curve.

I did not select the medium they are in, but I do find it satisfactory. The 5 gallon buckets get nice and light after 48 hours of a full drench , with 20% runoff.

Now six weeks in, I feel there is little I can do to steer this in any substantial direction.
Over topped? Is it carrying to many sites?

Like I said,if this was my first grow I would be completely satisfied. The whole blooming room looks like a million bucks,,,
Now I am greedy.

The genetics are a complete crap shoot. I guess I will know in a couple weeks.

Only the indica is showing some peachy hairs. Everyone else is still pushing mad white.
Pehaps they will give me more 'plump up' time. I am going to get a little aggressive with the light intensity.

20191012_110909.jpg
My only blunder on this run was putting them into dark for the first 48 when they were too dry. They came outta that with yellow'd off bottom fans.
Did I burn off the fine roots with a ph spike ?
Perhaps my first couple weeks of bloom were just rebuilding roots ?
I ask because I look to improve. These sublties reveal themselves over time.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Mystery plant update
20191016_003932.jpg
The fat Indica out front just cannot handle her feed I am going to lay off.
It may be time to fade out? I honestly dont know how long to push it.
20191016_003952.jpg

20191016_003524.jpg

The dog's breath is a compact little plant, yet, it is intent on producing buds that it cannot support.
20191013_234031_HDR.jpg
20191016_004706.jpg
Back row is forming up
20191016_003552.jpg
The pictures look nice, but they are barely wider than a Bic.
20191016_003645.jpg

And my sassy Sativa - till thoroughly enamoured with this girl. Prolly a month left on that one.
20191016_004514.jpg
Always purple stem.
20191016_005508.jpg
20191013_233856_HDR.jpg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
All right, I have been holding out on you.
You all thought they were dead.

I promised @Bodyne some photos, so here is my hydro.

I wanted to get a shot of my Skeleton Cookies before I put it into flower.
I am having trouble fitting it into one photo. Skeleton on left. Do you see that giant Cheese stalk in the centre? It crashed when I pulled out the cookies.
20191016_013453_HDR.jpg
Thanks Obama
20191017_003018_HDR.jpg
I am top heavy in veg,,,this should be interesting.

So, here it is out front of the pack.
20191016_014616_HDR.jpg
This room is 8 feet wide.
The flood table is 3 feet wide.
I think this beast is about 5 x 5.
I wrestled it into the corner for a solo shot.
20191017_004125_HDR.jpg
After I was finished with the cloning, it was left with 3.5 pairs of branches, and no top. At least this one stands on its own.
20191017_003608_HDR.jpg
Still no roots.
20191016_014433_HDR.jpg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Everybody showed up to see the new place.
20191017_022500_HDR.jpg
Dogsbreath centre front.
Indica, that cant handle her drink behind that.
Sativa centre rear.
Flood table on right. I have never flowered baby plants before.
Head to head: I will see if plant count or canopy size suites me best.

Tucked them in for the first 'goodnight hug'.
+ 70 days = Merry XXXmas Jewels
20191017_095121.jpg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
@Boybelue

good cool water
I have years of experience plumbing aquariums and aquaponics, but I only have one hydroponic cannabis grow under my belt.

I had a pretty chilly snap, when the snow started flying a couple of weeks ago. My liquid temperatures were hovering around and below 16 Celsius, whilst my HPS illuminated canopy maintained leaf temperatures above 23C during 24/7 light. I did not see much plant growth ( or root growth) and I did not see a drop in the water level in a week's time. When things warmed up the roots hit hard.
Is it possible that root temperature can directly affect root length ?
I am still fixated on this "roots travel in search of ideal conditions" theory

I have now just started flowering. How high should I push the temperature for optimal growth ?

I scabbed this conversation over, so as not to bung up Hbeans thread. He is running a proven system there. I enjoy discussing the theories , yet it would not be my place to suggest modifications on his thread.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I like to keep my root zone between 65 to 75 preferably the lower end and my room temps around 72-80 preferably 72 unless supplementing CO2. More CO2 the higher temps you can run, 1500 ppms seem to perform better in the 90s, I know that seems like a lot but plants really explode with high ppms, both CO2 and solution ppms need to be synchronized, and high room temps. When running high CO2 everything needs to be pushed to match/synchronized, strong lighting, big air pumps outside the room so they're pumping large amounts of fresh oxygen and not CO2 to the roots, if air pumps are in the room with CO2 mount them high because CO2 is heavier than air.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Good stuff.

Aarg, I hate my generation. I was lucky enough to be born in Canada during the 70s. My father still hasn't forgiven Trudeau senior for changing to the metric system.

When we drove somewhere, Dad told us in miles.
When we talked wieght, Mom always told us in Pounds.
But the radio is constantly giving temperatures in Celsius degrees. My brain is not bilingual in Fahrenheit.
,,, I only have a few imperial references.
@ 80 we see T-shirts and dead fish
100 fevers means kids go to the doctor
At -42 we are both really cold
Everything else punches through the converter.

My pump is comparativey over-sized in my system.
The pump rating is deceiving, because I have severely restricted output.
The pump is benchmarked with 1 inch outflow.
My outputs are (3 X) 1/4"
Really this a high-pressure system, for my purposes, pressure trumps volume.

A closed loop could really only be measured by an anemetre. I have gravity drains, so it would be possible to measure flow.
I didnt bother, I giggled when I saw that white foam frothing up the bucket. So I just put the lid on, and called it a day.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
2Stroke Tangie update
Exactly one week from last photos.

It astonishes me to think that these seeds were sitting dry, in an envelope, at some random post office, less than 1 month ago.
Again I have three fantastic plants.
20191018_235214.jpg

I typicaly am really stingy with the media when sprouting. It not only prevents me from drowning them with love, I also want those roots born with walking shoes on. I then used my favourite 'pot up' trick, a few days ago. Zero transplant shock.

20191018_234923.jpg
They did not miss a beat.
Squaters on the right. Stretchy on left.
20191020_120853.jpg
20191020_120836.jpg
Things took a different turn with the trippy triple Tangie
20191018_234728.jpg

@Uncle Romulus is going to be piiiiiiissed.
I took my most precious star,,,and I dropped it !

I will be dambed, if it didn't land in a pot of water !

20191019_133047_HDR.jpg
Oh well, big bubbles - no troubles
20191019_230046_HDR.jpg
It was kinda grumpy for a couple days. Starting to get over it now. I will raise it higher and let it dry out and begin to seach again , should perk.
Once I get all the leaves up, I will give it a good feed.
20191020_121129.jpg
Here she is after one hour of light
20190925_131234_HDR.jpg
And after 744 hours.

20191020_121138_HDR.jpg
25 days top side. I am really tempted to put one into flower, and try to grab some stretchy, mini clones.
I am waiting on the triple, because I want to try to push a triple top clone. Could be a week or 2.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
View attachment 26500

No chiller, no air pump.
Just a heap of kicks ass.
So how does that work? You and H bout changed my mind on my smaller pump theory, I'm still on the fence about trying it but if its going to be a waste of time then idk. I may just move on to 3" pipe and grab the current culture fittings and hopefully be done with it. What size you got there? Looks huge! I thought 3 at first but it almost looks like 4" it covers so much area of the bucket.