But, I think she is coming on.
18 days after 12/12 switch
This dogsbreath gets sweeter everyday.
20190923_231843_HDR.jpg
24 days
20190929_105653.jpg
28 days
Capture+_2019-10-03-00-27-54(1).png
I am going along , so I may as well I make things up, and pretend it is a good idea.

Top dressing.
I had read about it here and there so I decided to make a soil additive.
I honestly do not know what this growing media in the bucket is comprised of, so I decided to mix in a Lil Lovin amendment to percolate from the top down.
Bunny turds, clay worm bin, and a touch of pond filter.
Finished up around 600 ppm
I even remembered to Ph it this time !
I literally just used the shit I had laying around.
20190929_105743.jpg
I have never used them before; although I am thinking that I should stake this frail Betty ?
I tied my last one to the ceiling- that was a royal pain.
20190702_225226_HDR.jpg

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Absolutely. That clear tubing is air intake. If needed, could be drawn and carbourated from a cold source.

,,and two extra points for me for deftly slipping carbouration, into a botanical conversation. 🔧
Make it a holley double pumper and see where it goes ;)

Since I only partially speak "Jewel speak" I'm not going to be clever enough to figure it all out with a bit more details that are dumbed down to my level. Basic concepts yes, specific parts needed maybe.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
20190905_094900(1).jpg
All the magic happens in the circle exploded view at the top.
20191004_213136.jpg
Water is entering the blue fitting straight down.
The water encounters an extreme restriction.
Atmosphere is ( phenomenonaly drawn and) allowed to enter at the pinchpoint.
20191004_160048.jpg
Water is blue
Air is yellow
Capture+_2019-10-04-21-49-34(1).png
Scroll up and down for unobstructed view
Water overflows elbow and returns to res by gravity
Capture+_2019-10-04-21-55-16.png

Remember when you were a kid and you pulled the tiolet fill tube out of the riser?
Water jetted into the tank and it bubbled up to the suface. Then you got really smart and held the ball down. No matter how much water entered the tank - the tiolet would not overflow.
Indeed, the water height would gain no higher than the riser.

Scroll back to first drawing, water level in bucket is constant, regardless of reservoir quantity. Water level CAN NOT be higher than riser. NEVER disaster flooding.
There is no flow back in this system. Air intake acts as syphon break. If you pull the plug on the pump - everything stops dead. As the pump is situated lower then the waterline, system keeps prime and fires immediately at power on.

Any questions, any one?
I cant grow worth a shit, but the engineering is sound.
There are other features and benefits we have not got into yet.
Y'all notice I got one bulk head fitting per bucket?
Half the price and half the leak potential of any system I have ever seen.
I filled notebooks over the years with this system alone, I could go on. So let us get the conversation started.
Please, begin a list of how any hydroponic crop has failed, I want to adress it with this system.

Yeah,,, I pretty much built half dozen toilets to grow plants.
But, I have said it B4
Füg it, I'ma growing weeed !!!

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
View attachment 24518
All the magic happens in the circle exploded view at the top.
View attachment 24519
Water is entering the blue fitting straight down.
The water encounters an extreme restriction.
Atmosphere is ( phenomenonaly drawn and) allowed to enter at the pinchpoint.
View attachment 24520
Water is blue
Air is yellow
View attachment 24525
Scroll up and down for unobstructed view
Water overflows elbow and returns to res by gravity
View attachment 24527

Remember when you were a kid and you pulled the tiolet fill tube out of the riser?
Water jetted into the tank and it bubbled up to the suface. Then you got really smart and held the ball down. No matter how much water entered the tank - the tiolet would not overflow.
Indeed, the water height would gain no higher than the riser.

Scroll back to first drawing, water level in bucket is constant, regardless of reservoir quantity. Water level CAN NOT be higher than riser. NEVER disaster flooding.
There is no flow back in this system. Air intake acts as syphon break. If you pull the plug on the pump - everything stops dead. As the pump is situated lower then the waterline, system keeps prime and fires immediately at power on.

Any questions, any one?
I cant grow worth a shit, but the engineering is sound.
There are other features and benefits we have not got into yet.
Y'all notice I got one bulk head fitting per bucket?
Half the price and half the leak potential of any system I have ever seen.
I filled notebooks over the years with this system alone, I could go on. So let us get the conversation started.
Please, begin a list of how any hydroponic crop has failed, I want to adress it with this system.

Yeah,,, I pretty much built half dozen toilets to grow plants.
But, I have said it B4
Füg it, I'ma growing weeed !!!
tumblr_mrvpuySQ8o1sxvgiuo1_500.gif

In all honesty you're a freaking genius mang! Thanks for the more in depth view. I'll need some more time to digest it. Would be cool if it can be multi bucket in one loop, under current style. I had thought a few months back, "can a toilet be used for dwc" lol and here you are light years ahead.

f4a.jpg

790.jpg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Let us build a bucket.
Store bought venturi on left
3/4 GH thread ( garden hose) to barb
Homemade venturi on right (25mm slip)
20191004_223647.jpg
Thats it.

Below
On the threads I use teflon tape, to ease unthreading.
As I often change stuff up and add buckets to the circuit, I did NOT glue slip connections.
I used a product called 'Dr. Zog's'
I can warm them up and tease/mallet them apart again.
When I add a bucket, I buy a tee fitting. The elbow moves to last place. One bulkhead per bucket.
This photo cost $38, if I shop 3 diff. Hardware stores.
I have seen that three inch bulkhead priced from $68.99 (UFA) to $18.95 (Peavymart)
20191004_225111_HDR.jpg
That's it !
If I could find a bulkhead fitting that slipped or hubbed , I could shave 10 bucks on every bucket.

Last edited:

Jewels

Bon~Fire
@Uncle Romulus
That bung's for you Uncle Rom. I bought that bulkhead kit when you announced your upcoming festival.
The warm up band is @gwheels and his skeleton cookies.
I like bubblegum rock
Before Unc and his 'BlackholeSun' crew hit the stage ---I gotta major fricken super band signed on, and already warming up under the dome right now.

@THT is bringing some major noises up in here !!
Anyone who has read his smashing Crockett Family review, or ever made it to the backend of my neverending, proverbial clause laden, linquistic disasters knows exactly what I am talking about.
This is an all star cast of heavy hitters.
I am going to save a stack of cash, and knock my ol'adies panties off in the process. That is totally her in the tub @ the end of the video.
You are ALL invited to the show,,, well, not the afterparty.
Life is good. I got one more strain off my bubblebucketlist.
One more to go,,,

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
@Uncle Romulus
That bung's for you Uncle Rom. I bought that bulkhead kit when you announced your upcoming festival.
The warm up band is @gwheels and his skeleton cookies.
I like bubblegum rock
Before Unc and his 'BlackholeSun' crew hit the stage ---I gotta major fricken super band signed on, and already warming up under the dome right now.

@THT is bringing some major noises up in here !!
Anyone who has read his smashing Crockett Family review, or ever made it to the backend of my neverending, proverbial clause laden, linquistic disasters knows exactly what I am talking about.
This is an all star cast of heavy hitters.
I am going to save a stack of cash, and knock my ol'adies panties off in the process. That is totally her in the tub @ the end of the video.
You are ALL invited to the show,,, well, not the afterparty.
Life is good. I got one more strain off my bubblebucketlist.
One more to go,,,
I’m both confused and excited.. perfect 👌

Jewels

Bon~Fire
@Uncle Romulus , I went and bought more hydro buckets because I am excited to try out your Blackwater Bubblegummer beans.
I was comparing my upcoming strains to a rock concert - You know, like when you and your friends put on a '78 and bang spoons on 'yer thighs.

Or in Jewelsspeak
Capture+_2019-10-05-00-48-45(1).png
xVkfVFg_d.jpg
I put 'petcock' and 'bunghole' in the same sentence.
Dang, think about those truly exciting events, they all have a moment of glaring uncomfortability.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
No black
@Uncle Romulus , I went and bought more hydro buckets because I am excited to try out your Blackwater Bubblegummer beans.
I was comparing my upcoming strains to a rock concert - You know, like when you and your friends put on a '78 and bang spoons on 'yer thighs.

Or in Jewelsspeak
View attachment 24555
View attachment 24556
I put 'petcock' and 'bunghole' in the same sentence.
Dang, think about those truly exciting events, they all have a moment of glaring uncomfortability.
No blackwater gonna be in that one.
Bodega bubblegum #10 x Nigerian sunshine will be father. Bubblegummer red is momma

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
There is a venturi on every station.
To add a site, I just bang it apart with a mallet.
Extend the plumbing.
View attachment 24557
Tees,elbows, whatever.
Like the tiolet it all flows downhill.
This is cool in the sense that you can put the buckets to fit your space arrangements. Even play into the feng shui zen effect if wanted. Do you find that one bucket may be pulling harder than another?

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Albiet, that reply addresses delivery volume.

I have read maaaaany compliants of uneven water levels in bucket chains. Possibly leading to floods.
Water level here will all ways be equal to standpipe height, on every site, at all times, even with individual supply disparities.
One drop in - one drop out.