Payload

Jewels

Bon~Fire
20190810_113528.jpg

20190810_113540.jpg
They were gifts.
That is the first day I got them- almost 2months old at that time. . Wimpy , but good structure.
I nursed it along for the past month and it still wont show.

She got more greenery packed on now, yet still, all on the slim side.
It is all a crapshoot, I was mostly curious about finishing time.
I was wondering if someone with experience could take one look at that plant and say " 'yep, she'll go 15 weeks" But, I make stuff up sometimes, so it becomes confusing.
20190906_170527_HDR(1).jpg
IF this thing is female, she may see Xmas come and go.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Thanks You, @SCJedi -
I need all the eyes I can get on this, not only b'cuse I can miss the most obvious stuff, also I makes shzts up as I go along.
Pool noodles on deck for the tubing.
As for the sump?
,,,and if you'll forgive the Rasberrypatch massacre,,,
,,,and if you promise not to tell the wife,
View attachment 20820
My tests temps stayed chill during 30 + °C days.

No, @Uncle Romulus , it is not a bear trap.
It is a summer resivior.
My res can find a cool spot indoors, during the winter. The "geothermal" res will allow me to grow indoors through summer - with out AC.
You told me to FthisShtup, this Albertan is getting his own pipeline.
What lights you runnin these days for no a c come summer?

Jewels

Bon~Fire
I may come up short on lights. I will run out !
With 8x8 flower room I will need my "big three"
400w hps + 1000hps + 400 mh
Nightime lows in my county are 12C, in July.
I can cut a hole in the wall and frost their little faces all night long. Sun up = lights out.
I was planning to run 6-8 plants in flower @ a time.
For veg-
Again I would go with decapitated leds for seedlings. They served me well,,,up to about 6-8 inches.
I do have my trusty t5ho , that thing will pull 230 watts out the wall, and run cool. It will do about 6 sqaurefeet of finishing veg. Should limp me to flowersize on a few sites. I do need an additional 8 - 10 squarefoot coverage , veg light solution.

It is the res temp that is crucial. Water above 20C doesn't like to carry oxygen.
No oxy- No planty.

In all honesty. I need less than 4 lbs a year. I want to growfcknhard all winter , and then take the summer off casual like,,veg the keeper moms until school starts again.
I did pull a half pound plant off my dinky diy, so hopefully I will be short on jars soon as with this puppy.

Still buying waaay to much from LP's.
If I can just find that elusive tasty plant that my wife would hit all day long, I could save some serious cash around here.
Like, Jewels new monthly car payment kinda savings.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Zero for Nine

Northern lights x Sourlarry , I hate your guts.
Thanks for the sausage party.
I planted you twice for my first two runs, and because of you, I never tasted my own bud, until after 6 months of fulltime growing.
You nearly ruined me for growing.

I gave you one last chance - and you blew it.
You are beautiful and I hate you.
Good riddance.
20190907_122442.jpg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Lov'n my Ushio !
20190908_122954.jpg
It allows me some nifty blues off my hps ballast. I will burn that for a few weeks veg, and then re-bulb back to sonagro 430 orange.
20190908_122926.jpg
Branching like hell.
Last shot before topping.

Sad Canuk Cheese Skunk.
20190908_115135.jpg
She got shaded out by that monster Skeleton.
She good now.
20190907_211018.jpg
Thar be Skeletons here
20190908_115059_HDR.jpg

20190907_211030_HDR.jpg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Here is the mystery trio in flower.
I didn't raise these kids; I have no motherly instincts for these things.
I have dried them out, starved them and now that we are in flower, I have F#'d up the light cycle a few times already. They have had 24hrs dark a couple times now.
Even at the mo' I am 12hrs off. I want lights on @ sundown.
Glad my new room has 8' + ceilings.
I may need it.
I have been cloning their little armpits off.

Here is the big guy. The only confirmed female. I wasn't paying attention after topping, and one branch on each side became dominant again.
20190911_160513.jpg
This is the spindley'est plant I ever saw. Really crossing my fingers on female.
20190911_160339.jpg
And dogbreath, how are you even alive?
20190911_160546.jpg
I am resisting the urge to overpost my new water buckets. Last photo was on Sunday. I topped them, and the new branches popped back up over the fan leaves by the next day.
Pictures Sunday- we will see what they can do before then.
They are big enough- and I should clone now,,,but schools out and I got lotsa Dad stuff to do.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
We are three 4 three in the flower room.
Wall 2 wall bitches !
Dogsbreath popped a few white silkies, and I see now ( without readers ), lovely lady parts on my sexy slim sativa! Hard to express how enamored I am with that one. Simply, because I have never grown a plant with this structure. In all honesty, I have grown and harvested nine plants in total. They were all fathered by the same sluuuüut, Sour Larry.
Bear with me, there is plenty of bandwidth for everyone, I can't get enough of the spindly structure.
Dogsbreath in the back ( suv style )
'Twiggy' is front right. I call her that, because I may be of the last few on earth to recall her namesake.
20190912_231555.jpg

My boho girl
20190908_230928(1).jpg

20190908_230905.jpg

20190912_232147.jpg

20190912_231940(1).jpg

It is the start of a beautiful thing. I have a feeling she may take a while. I will stare her down into 2020 if I
Have to. 20190912_232210(1).jpg

20190913_232414_HDR.jpg
Hurting for greenery, you can see that I have cloned the socks off these poor things.

Itsall good. Perhaps ugly under the skirt, but in my little experience, I know that the buds will come from here.
20190913_232440.jpg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Well,,, definitely NOT the week I thought it would be. If I scroll back far enough, I can see it beggining.
The CanuckCheese plant that I thought had been shaded off, was actually an early indicator of a much larger problem. Although, observing plant growth within the last few days, I think I have it sorted.
I am running tapwater, and my ph meter was reading false low. I evaporate a lot of water, and add it back full tap. When my ph rises to about 6.3, I knock it down, and wait for it to drift back up.
I need to start recording my ph down quantities, the trend would have told me I was using less.
I was over @spyralout 's place chatting it up about Calcium and such, while I think I was literally "locked out" myself, at the time.

For some reason I dismissed the Cheese, but when I saw that deep brown, rusty patch on my Smurfzilla- I freekthefükout.
By then the Cheese was hot and crusty; perfect for pizza, yet bad news for cannabis.
It attacked and consumed the largest fan leaves first. Dark brown muddy spots, followed by complete burn, down to yellow/white paper, from the outside in.
Looked like a wicked bad nute burn; but, I was certian that was not the case.
I put my "Hanna gro-chek" real time monitor in the 4ph benchmark and it was way off. After calibration @ 4, it hit bang on 7.0 Ph in the other solution.
After evacuating the entire circuit, I mixed up a fresh batch at 450 parts per million and stomped it down to 5.7 Ph (proper).
Stopped dying started and growing as fastballs as I typed that sentence.

I sure like to brag it up when I am on top.
But, we are here to learn (and laugh @ me), so here it is - warts and all.

Stanky cheese, almost every fan leaf is cancerbälls.
20190916_192539.jpg
Root length is carp.
20190916_192436.jpg

New canopy (since Thursday) is top notch.
20190916_192517.jpg
I left all the ugly on. From what I understand that little girl worked very hard to turn that nutrient solution into green matter. I can watch it now feed on that green matter(mobile nutrients) . It is certainly hard to look @, but I have already disadvantaged her. I wont steal it away for my vanities sake.

The Smurfzilla was not dying back, as such. I could tell it was not growing before I saw the Pirates dreaded "black spot" forming.
She (he?) is back on track, topped, and bulking up.
20190916_192239_HDR.jpg
Roots @ 2 feet
20190916_192112_HDR.jpg
Canopy happy
20190916_192157_HDR.jpg

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Nice recovery man! Hydro turns things either way so damn quick it's crazy.
Funny, we have inverse system colors, your buckets are white and pipes black, mine vice versa lol. A complete blackout would be awesome. Yours has that Rube Goldberg kinda cool though, love the use of physics to get the aeration. I would watch the clear hose, it can allow light to get in and algae or slime can grow. Can you imagine combining that with aquaponics and have a completely self sustainable ecosystem with little electricity? Got a running ditch nearby?

Jewels

Bon~Fire
No ditch here. I am itching to pound a well, but I think I am over clay. I cannot drill on a zero budget. There is water 15-20 feet under me ( I could get that far on the cheap) but, If I could get down 150 feet, I could get near free oxygen from a Pascal loop. It is on my wishlist.
I am a Prairie boy, also an irrigation kid. My childhood was filled with headgates, footvalves and sluices. There is only one native tree where I live !

Somehow? Kinda spooky,,,
You did hit the nail, right on the head. That empty corner is for the rabbits and the koi.
I will have 250 gallons circulating through there eventually.
Bare bottom koi tank, for ammonia production, Bio sump, to complete Nitrifacation of fish and bunny soil.
Also, a clay soil planted display tank, to saturate the water with oxygen, and entertain my stoned ass.
I have all the gear, just need to link it together. I know the pieces fit, 'cus I watched them fall apart.
I love my fish.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
P1170832.JPG
Okay so I am not a scientist dude. I was having trouble, I did a reset , and everything seems good to go.
At first I was dreadfully afraid that I had pests. I had three plants in the same water and one of them is dying before my eyes. Soon afterward the other plant took a dive.
Here is one thing I do know. That hiesenbean will take no prisoners!
It did not hiccup, it did not cough, it did not discolor. It abosolutely plowed full steam ahead. I cloned it, I topped it, and no way I can hold this thing back.
It is almost 2 foot wide and I am running out of fishing weights.
I still haven't signed that sponsorship deal but GBuzz GBuzz that plant is a monster !

Proof you can only die once,
Skeleton (wtf?) Cookie
20190916_191928_HDR.jpg
She is hitting her stride. The fan leaves are stupid big.
20190916_191620_HDR.jpg

20190916_191428_HDR.jpg
I refuse defeat , I like an even canopy !
Bore over stroke
20190916_191526.jpg
I have taken six clones, if she keeps growing like an idiot- I will take 6 more.

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
No ditch here. I am itching to pound a well, but I think I am over clay. I cannot drill on a zero budget. There is water 15-20 feet under me ( I could get that far on the cheap) but, If I could get down 150 feet, I could get near free oxygen from a Pascal loop. It is on my wishlist.
What is this oxygen from a Pascal loop you speak of?
Somehow? Kinda spooky,,,
You did hit the nail, right on the head. That empty corner is for the rabbits and the koi.
I will have 250 gallons circulating through there eventually.
Bare bottom koi tank, for ammonia production, Bio sump, to complete Nitrifacation of fish and bunny soil.
Also, a clay soil planted display tank, to saturate the water with oxygen, and entertain my stoned ass.
I have all the gear, just need to link it together. I know the pieces fit, 'cus I watched them fall apart.
I love my fish.
Nice! I have been known to call stuff sometimes ;)

Jewels

Bon~Fire

Could be bs, I dont know. I cant find my way down that far.

I did get to see, over the course of the last few days, little baby budlets.
Dogsbreath came on first ; but it is still a pansy. If it went to school, it would get beat up a lot.
Probly teachers too.
20190920_220857.jpg

20190920_221205_HDR.jpg
Twiggy coming on, looking sallow as ever.
My run off came out thick, I need to start keeping a closer eye on them.
Still, she wants to reveal here mystery to me.
20190920_220906.jpg
That is not a bomber in my flower room. I have long arms and a wide lens.
Over all I am pretty happy. These gifts put me flowering way ahead of sched.
My last and final hope bean WAS male. I was kinda scrëwwed. Not only will I have early crop in the bin, I was in a position to veg longer, so as to really fill my new space. I would have flipped my seeds by now otherwise, and I wouldn't have built my hedged bet clone army.
Happy day.
Finally, appearing left, although the slowest to start, I think this phat fingered pudger has a dong party in her future.
20190920_221101.jpg

Looks like it is freezballz from here on in. If I dont pull the bikes off the lawn, they will be mired there until the first chinook.
Autumn is nice. This is why they call it fall.
Capture+_2019-09-21-01-44-40(1).png
Nice weather for cellar growing. My 1k hps keeps leaf temps. @ 24 C.

I did get the bunny enclosed today. Zero budget reclaimed. Now I can leave her in the garage.
20190920_230252.jpg
Tired of carrying her outdoors, from the house everyday.
She has a few pounds on most cats I know, and whats worse is - if a cat you were carring decided to scratch you, you would drop it like its hot.
This thing has excavating claws, hin'quaters bigger than a Gobbler,,,and if you drop and abed escape for said rabbit whilst it avuluses your forearms, your wife will kill you.
20190920_230044.jpg
Of yeah,,,forgot about the bitey part.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Packrat needs a fixture. What to do ?
20190923_231135.jpg
Lo-pro and good to go.
20190923_231315.jpg
Havent seen buds here since June.
Is nice
Fav. up first. Alas, It is forming conventional buds,,not DrGrinSpoon dingleberry"s.
20190923_231538.jpg
Phatty Indica is just doin her buhda thing
20190923_231819.jpg
She has got some trunks on her. Could see a dong here.
20190923_231907_HDR.jpg
Loog'at dinky dogbreath back there. Still on her stepstool, trying to look all grown up.
20190923_231811.jpg
She just wants to grow buds, not leaves,,,I am okay with that.
20190923_231843_HDR.jpg
I was all nervous because my runoff was coming out high.
The only burns I can see here are from the bulb. It is bud building time; I think they are going to get a 'lil push.