OLD ST1R’s Heisenbean Grow

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Well I just spent the last hour going through all eight plants and found these on seven out of eight of the plants:

4C2F8471-9989-480C-A90F-07A4E714D0EF.jpeg76CD69CE-5C44-4D75-AD46-4CCB34679C21.jpeg9A9F1DC8-E712-461C-8606-14B700F1CE17.jpeg7C313B15-FB94-452B-B4F6-6B5D9DFC6B69.jpeg38A2615E-0DF2-4D41-8B09-D8C9B0A830CD.jpeg

I picked them all off as best as I could using a trouble light so I could see the little fuckers.

My grow space is light tight - there is no way these were caused by a light leak. The only stress they’ve been through is when they were seedlings they were under fed for a while and the topping I did to get to eight tops each.

I’ll check them all again in another four days or so.

FML.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Helllooo Fellow Growers!

Well I’m too full from dinner and I don’t feel like inspecting every node of every plant for balls right now. I’ll do a thorough check in the morning before lights out.

The plants are 14 days into 12/12 today and are looking pretty good. I’ve been doing quick spot checks for balls each time I open the tent for the last few days and I’ve found only two more. Still warrants a more detailed check at least two more times before I get the net in.

I also took a look around the garage for something to use to raise the shorter plants up to create a more even canopy, and found some storage organizer box things. Should work.

6AD69D7E-397C-486B-B24F-A2F99A8394B4.jpegDDC15CE4-B11C-4A54-A837-1C0A011269A0.jpeg9D0D8A5B-2E6B-41A9-B596-85B2332F6213.jpegEAC0C654-0016-46B7-AEE0-159C1CA38248.jpeg45799923-8EA8-4955-B96B-C4654C00C3E9.jpeg69109F8D-BE06-47C1-B30F-A7D6C16826AD.jpeg0E0AB0FE-DF18-450A-8043-84B233351005.jpeg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Come December, you will have a tent full of buds.
This bears repeating !

Also, your plants are too cute, week three and four are all about body building.
Jewels B.S. alert,,,
The way I see it,,, Barring the concrete , the next half dozen feedings will determine your overall yield.
You could up that feed,,,-ugly them up a bit.

Don't get me wrong, you enjoy a picture of health. All my firsts were lovely.
Now I make 'dem bun' . I demand to see all the cards.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
This bears repeating !

Also, your plants are too cute, week three and four are all about body building.
Jewels B.S. alert,,,
The way I see it,,, Barring the concrete , the next half dozen feedings will determine your overall yield.
You could up that feed,,,-ugly them up a bit.

Don't get me wrong, you enjoy a picture of health. All my firsts were lovely.
Now I make 'dem bun' . I demand to see all the cards.
I’ll be feeding them full strength three times with the fourth being plain water. Repeat.

Like I said in another thread, figure out how much will kill them and back it off a bit. LOL. Stole that from Seinfeld.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’ll be feeding them full strength three times with the fourth being plain water. Repeat.

Like I said in another thread, figure out how much will kill them and back it off a bit. LOL. Stole that from Seinfeld.
That was me - but I burned enough plants that didn't make it to "prime harvest" because of that. I got some fat pretty buds once the ugly was trimmed off, but most of it was just broken off into the trash - no scissors or hash-making required LOL

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I couldn’t sleep so I got up and went through all the plants again in detail. I found a few more balls on the same seven (out of eight) plants as before.

The worst offenders are the Dubsteps, so they got moved to the front and center of the tent, that way I can keep a close eye on them each time I open the tent.

The balls do not seem to be growing on the new growth - I’m only finding them lower on the plants. Hopefully that’s a good sign and not just because the tops are too immature to throw balls. There are pistils on the very tops of the plants so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I couldn’t sleep so I got up and went through all the plants again in detail. I found a few more balls on the same seven (out of eight) plants as before.

The worst offenders are the Dubsteps, so they got moved to the front and center of the tent, that way I can keep a close eye on them each time I open the tent.

The balls do not seem to be growing on the new growth - I’m only finding them lower on the plants. Hopefully that’s a good sign and not just because the tops are too immature to throw balls. There are pistils on the very tops of the plants so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
I found a few immature seeds in my A DUB and MAC x AAW grow.
I managed to keep em labeled until I chopped am and hung em. Grrrr I was so mad at myself for this , anyway I cant be sure which was the offender but I can be sure that his seeds are fire. I'm a believer

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I’m going to main-line them. The difference between main-lining and manifolding as I understand it, is that with manifolding, you top the plant and let the side branches from lower nodes develop into large branches, whereas main-lining only develops the branches that are a result of the topping. I hope that make sense.

So, I’ve topped them just above the fourth node. The two resulting tops will be topped again to produce four tops. Those four tops will be topped to produce eight tops. The side branching that will grow from the original first, second and third nodes will be removed and either used as clones or discarded.

This what the stalk should look like if I’m successful. Notice how all eight tops are the main stalk, vs. having side branches coming out of the main stock.

View attachment 24712
manifolding and mainlining are different words for the same thing. What you’re talking about is the difference between a nugbucketz manifold and nebulas manifold.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Fight? No. Debate? Yes.
LOL!
Here's what I got - I think "Nugbuckets" is credited with the mainline technique, or at least quantifying it and labeling it.

Then "Nebula" did a process that made it look like the "manifold" on a V-8 engine.

I think the V-8 version took off just because the instructions were super-easy even for a noob (like me) to get fat flowers because he had good "how to" instructions. I have tried several versions of training and number of tops in the "manifold" after I "mainline" the initial two sprouts.

There's my understanding. One is a version of how to do the other, but both are essentially based off the same initial (mainline) technique.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
LOL!
Here's what I got - I think "Nugbuckets" is credited with the mainline technique, or at least quantifying it and labeling it.

Then "Nebula" did a process that made it look like the "manifold" on a V-8 engine.

I think the V-8 version took off just because the instructions were super-easy even for a noob (like me) to get fat flowers because he had good "how to" instructions. I have tried several versions of training and number of tops in the "manifold" after I "mainline" the initial two sprouts.

There's my understanding. One is a version of how to do the other, but both are essentially based off the same initial (mainline) technique.
The difference being mainlines have no secondary branching and it a result of topping only, where manifolding develops the secondary branches into larger branches.