OLD ST1R’s Heisenbean Grow

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
What cloning method are you going with? Cloning is pretty easy if you don’t over think it. Plants are looking nice overall great job man. Generally after a topping the plant will almost stop growth for a day or two as a result of being stunted. I like to do my topping the day I water so that when they are back to making new growth I can water again they seem to take off good this way. But I can’t say it works any better than anything else for certain just things I’ve noticed over the years in my garden
Thanks Evergreen!

Yesterday I bought a 7” Propagation done, tray, rock wool cubes (11/2” I believe) and Remo Nutrients Cloning Gel. I asked for Clonex Gel, but apparently there is something in it which is not allowed in Canada - probably the shit that makes it work!

Ive only successfully cloned once before and that was a LONG time ago. I’m going to cut those side branches I left and try cloning them.

I remember I used distilled water ph’d to 5.5 I think. I’m still researching on whether or not to add any nutes to the water I will soak the cubes in. seems to bea split decision on adding them or not.
I also need to pick up a light to put the clones under. I should just bite the bullet and buy that second tent with the three chambers I’ve been thinking of. If only money were no object.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Hellllllloooooooo Fellow Growers!

As promised I took two clones from each plant this morning.

I did decided to add some nutes to the water. I used a bit of Remo VeloKelp and a bit of Blue Sky Organics Fertalive.

After adding the nutes to distilled water, the PH was way low at 4.12 and since I don’t have any PH up, I used baking soda. Well fuck me if I didn’t over shoot the 5.5 mark a bit and had to use .2 millimeters of PH down to get it to 5.55.

I soaked the rock wool cubes in this solution for an hour, after which time the solution tested at 6.13. I hope that’s Going to be OK.

After they were done soaking, I shook the excess water out of the cubes and began taking cuts. I used Fiskars shears to take the branch, then used a scalpel to remove the lowest side shoots on the cutting and scrape the branch and cut it just below a node at 45 degrees. Then it was dipped in Remo’s rooting compound and stuck in the rockwool.

After all the cuts were done, I sprayed the dome and put it on the tray. Almost forgot, I also removed the side shoots that were coming off the mainline branches.

Now the waiting game begins.

First two pics are before. Second two are after and a shot of the clone tray under a Sunblaster light I picked up at the hydro store.

C8260949-5990-4ADA-9780-39FD3E76861E.jpeg75FD6FD3-7C3A-49D9-B3B8-616C0DDB1E6E.jpeg2A9C6D66-CFE3-4D5F-9A64-7DB8E7F9E628.jpegB40CCF08-73EF-4396-9999-D9A90D883398.jpeg0A78FF83-83E9-4DBF-81DF-327CAC7BF5ED.jpeg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Hellllllooooo Fellow Grooooooooowers!

Not too much to report this week.

I’m still waiting for the branch above the third node to show on one slow GG4 before I top the plants a second time to produce four main tops. I think it should be ready sometime this evening.

I thought this was going to take two weeks to get to eight tops, but it looks like it’s going to be three weeks plus.

Lots of the plants are starting to show sexy bits now. The slow GG4 has what looks like a ball sack, but too early to tell.
C6F10AA1-9C64-4419-B5E5-625B95044C37.jpeg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Quick update.

These Heisenbeans are really taking off now. Today I was able to top them a second time so they are all working on four tops. As soon as the four tops have grown enough past their first node enough to be topped again, they will be, and they will be working on eight tops per plant.

I figure soon after they all have their eight tops, I will pot them up to their three gallon final pots and aftera short veg, will get flipped to12/12.

I also wanted to give a shout out for Remo Nutrients - the plants really seem to love the stuff.

AF37E2D9-341B-42C5-95E6-7F17E28C4C3B.jpeg4F766F2E-34DF-4F5E-85E9-0A5A75BDDDD5.jpeg09F57A06-4F68-4D7F-8C90-3B7A274DEBA9.jpeg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Yes, I can see, they do. Everybody seems at attention.
Does Remo produce a weekly mix regimine?

The leaves are doing a good job of hiding those stalks, but I can spy them, and they look Boss.

Looks like you will have your nodes in no time.
Im not sure what you mean by a weekly mix regimen. I have been feeding at 100% of recommended strength, plus home made cal-mag 3 times in a row and plain PH’D water on the Fourth watering.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
I am not familiar with Remo. I was wonder if it was a 2 part or three part,,, could be all-in -one. I don't know.

Some manufacturers furnish weekly dosage charts, to tell you the amount , or the ratios to use in week 1 week 2 week 3 Etc
Week 1 of flower week 2 of flower Etc,,,

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I am not familiar with Remo. I was wonder if it was a 2 part or three part,,, could be all-in -one. I don't know.

Some manufacturers furnish weekly dosage charts, to tell you the amount , or the ratios to use in week 1 week 2 week 3 Etc
Week 1 of flower week 2 of flower Etc,,,
Oh I see. It’s like a 7 part line up which includes a Cal-mag, Kelp, grow, micro, bloom, Astroflower and Natures candy.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Anyone else ever notice some of their plants droop right before lights out?

Research is inconclusive as to whether it may be normal or not.

I noticed this today just before lights out. Pots still felt quite heavy, so unlikely they were thirsty. I’ll see what they look like when the lights come back on today.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Yes.
If I am struggling to get some things done, into the 13th or 14th hour of flower, things start drooping out.

It is potentially possible to consume all the CO2 - if the room is sealed Lab'sass tight.

If a plant is not receiving enough light, it is 'overheated' - even at room temp.

None of things may apply to you.
That is all I got, off the cuff.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Not much to report this week. Plants are chugging along and I’m waiting for some of the slower growers to get far enough past their first node (of their four tops) to be topped again for eight tops per plant. I think that should happen sometime tomorrow or Tuesday.
DA2872EE-4343-4A8C-8094-AB3052F4F901.jpeg
The tent is starting to get quite full. I think I’m going to remove the lowest fan leaves to make watering easier.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Not much to report this week. Plants are chugging along and I’m waiting for some of the slower growers to get far enough past their first node (of their four tops) to be topped again for eight tops per plant. I think that should happen sometime tomorrow or Tuesday.
View attachment 27385
The tent is starting to get quite full. I think I’m going to remove the lowest fan leaves to make watering easier.
Nice healthy looking girls there @Old ST1R . On the post about the leaf droop before lights out. There can be a lot of variables in determining that. The light being number one. It could be strain dependent as well. I just looked in my flower room. It is close to lights out and two of the three strains are praying like it was lights on and the other one not but it never does. I can remember several strains that i thought i was noticing a droop at close to lights out. I know my ass would be wilted after 12 hours of bright lights.

GCG

Dinosaur
Anyone else ever notice some of their plants droop right before lights out?

Research is inconclusive as to whether it may be normal or not.

I noticed this today just before lights out. Pots still felt quite heavy, so unlikely they were thirsty. I’ll see what they look like when the lights come back on today.
Normal circadian response. Not all do it but the ones that do let you know they're getting enough light. My understanding anyway.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Nice healthy looking girls there @Old ST1R
Thanx @Capt C ! They’re actually not as perky as normal. Just before lights out at 9:00am this morning they all got a good drink of plain ph’d water with some run off. They’ve been on a Feed/Feed/Feed/Water program for about a month and I’ve notice that somewhere during the third feed and the plain water they lose their perkyness, but they rebound on the first feed of the schedule.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
@Heathenraider, They actually show that on the packaging for the rockwool cubes. Of course I didn’t do it. I did PH the water down to 5.5 for the cube soak.

This what they look like now after 12 days and no visible signs of roots. Quite a bit of yellowing. I did give the stems a little tug away from the cubes and they’re all “stuck” in the cubes like there is some roots, just not visible.
I did give them 6ml of 1/4 strength bloom nutes this morning.
9037395D-0903-48DC-95F3-F83B0DFF56BD.jpeg