Official Heisenbeans Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Heres my weekly update..
Everything has been a breeze so far with plants..
With 1 exception that had balls, no big deal, tossed and forgot...

The 1 grower error ive made that had me pissed off for couple days was a rookie one at that..

This run ive got heat mats in bottom of tent to prevent cold root zones..
Had em on timer.
I flipped to flower and after a week n half i seen no reall difference except little bit of stretch... No clustering of buds ..
Realized bout on day 10 that everytime my heatmats kicked on that they was going to 86 degrees instead of the 70 degrees i preset it to... Smh..

The warmer root zone didnt allow them to fully kick into overdrive that happens in flower..

Solved the problem and its been a week or so since and they've been set straight and they are just thriving... So in my eyes i lost a week to my fuck up.. Oh well, could of been worse.. It did yellow sum tips tho..

Its been a couple grows since ive had the every plant in the tent HAPPY AF!!
fuckn praying hard, Zaphod style...(except in dirt lol)

So far ive got 2 that are just unique in their own ways ...
One has weird , distinct leaves that are only on that plant...
The other has pinkish/purple pistils. Dont no if i recall any ive grown indoors that have done that this early on...? Pics dont show it , like i see em in person on the colored pistils..

Enough of the fuckn words, heres the dam pics of my 5 Zero Gravity's! Keep up the good work yall..👊✌

IMG_20240112_025106560.jpg

IMG_20240112_025423771.jpg

IMG_20240112_025134124.jpg
IMG_20240112_025140649.jpg
IMG_20240112_025206986.jpg
IMG_20240112_025455234.jpg
IMG_20240112_025215874.jpg
IMG_20240111_202805342.jpg
IMG_20240112_025446311.jpg
IMG_20240112_025233083.jpg
Have great weekend 🤘

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Heres my weekly update..
Everything has been a breeze so far with plants..
With 1 exception that had balls, no big deal, tossed and forgot...

The 1 grower error ive made that had me pissed off for couple days was a rookie one at that..

This run ive got heat mats in bottom of tent to prevent cold root zones..
Had em on timer.
I flipped to flower and after a week n half i seen no reall difference except little bit of stretch... No clustering of buds ..
Realized bout on day 10 that everytime my heatmats kicked on that they was going to 86 degrees instead of the 70 degrees i preset it to... Smh..

The warmer root zone didnt allow them to fully kick into overdrive that happens in flower..

Solved the problem and its been a week or so since and they've been set straight and they are just thriving... So in my eyes i lost a week to my fuck up.. Oh well, could of been worse.. It did yellow sum tips tho..

Its been a couple grows since ive had the every plant in the tent HAPPY AF!!
fuckn praying hard, Zaphod style...(except in dirt lol)

So far ive got 2 that are just unique in their own ways ...
One has weird , distinct leaves that are only on that plant...
The other has pinkish/purple pistils. Dont no if i recall any ive grown indoors that have done that this early on...? Pics dont show it , like i see em in person on the colored pistils..

Enough of the fuckn words, heres the dam pics of my 5 Zero Gravity's! Keep up the good work yall..👊✌

View attachment 134146

View attachment 134144

View attachment 134141
View attachment 134140
View attachment 134149
View attachment 134142
View attachment 134145
View attachment 134143
View attachment 134147
View attachment 134148
Have great weekend 🤘
Man, your plants look happy!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Here's my weekend update. Most of the plants are at right around 33" tall and look nice and healthy. The one outlier is the runt (Plant #2 in the 4x4 tent). When I opened the tent this morning I was really surprised to see that one plant still hasn't pushed out any flowers. I don't even see any preflowers on it and I flipped the plants to flower 19 days ago. I'm interested to see what comes of that plant as the grow progresses. @Heisen Have you run across any Platinum Frosting plants that were slow to flower yet?

2x4 Tent
1705157022451.jpeg
Plant #1
1705157044443.jpeg
Plant #2
1705157077781.jpeg

4x4 Tent
1705157090170.jpeg
Plant #1
1705157198348.jpeg
Plant #2
1705157218580.jpeg
Plant #3
1705157248781.jpeg
Plant #4
1705157270597.jpeg

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Here's my weekend update. Most of the plants are at right around 33" tall and look nice and healthy. The one outlier is the runt (Plant #2 in the 4x4 tent). When I opened the tent this morning I was really surprised to see that one plant still hasn't pushed out any flowers. I don't even see any preflowers on it and I flipped the plants to flower 19 days ago. I'm interested to see what comes of that plant as the grow progresses. @Heisen Have you run across any Platinum Frosting plants that were slow to flower yet?

2x4 Tent
View attachment 134197
Plant #1
View attachment 134198
Plant #2
View attachment 134199

4x4 Tent
View attachment 134200
Plant #1
View attachment 134202
Plant #2
View attachment 134203
Plant #3
View attachment 134204
Plant #4
View attachment 134205
Yes had a couple that was late, exactly was my point when I said you can't count flowering tomes until a plant is mature no matter when u flip the lights , the same plant run back from clone will flower much sooner.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's my 5 Chunksters plus the bonus. I shoved 3 in my closet that has a higher ceiling than a tent. Two tall ones and the 6-top ended up on a shelf, but I think these are set now.
IMG_8176.JPG
My two perfect little trees are in with other stuff now. The taller one got a stake.
IMG_8186.JPG
The shorter one may get one soon if the looks top-heavy. I secured the lower branches to the stem and pulled them in a little so she could be in a crowd.
IMG_8187.JPG
And my mutant Platty is starting to stretch a bit. I'm hoping for more because I'd like to pull her off the shelf. I've been snipping off lower shoots to get less larf.
IMG_8184.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
handwatering RO
I have read that the RO water can actually have adverse effects on soil biology because it has no mineral content and can have a 'mineral sponge' like effect in the short term, drawing things away from the plant. Not a big deal except that it happens every 2 days or so, like continued interruptions to the rhizophagy cycle. Not that it's gonna kill anything or even do damage, but it's not optimum - from what they say...

I use RO water too to get all the bad stuff out but I put something back into that "empty" water before putting it in the pot. I use LAB, ferments, aloe, castings or whatever usually just one or two things. And not a lot of anything, but always something.

Yes, it's probably still bro-science but it made sense to me after I thought about it. Take it with a grain and maybe look it up too if you're interested.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have read that the RO water can actually have adverse effects on soil biology because it has no mineral content and can have a 'mineral sponge' like effect in the short term, drawing things away from the plant. Not a big deal except that it happens every 2 days or so, like continued interruptions to the rhizophagy cycle. Not that it's gonna kill anything or even do damage, but it's not optimum - from what they say...

I use RO water too to get all the bad stuff out but I put something back into that "empty" water before putting it in the pot. I use LAB, ferments, aloe, castings or whatever usually just one or two things. And not a lot of anything, but always something.

Yes, it's probably still bro-science but it made sense to me after I thought about it. Take it with a grain and maybe look it up too if you're interested.
Yeah, you aren’t supposed to water plants with straight up RO water. When I use RO for my plants I always add 3-5mL of CalMag per gallon of water.

Bobby Legit

What smells like a skunk, Dad?
Yeah, you aren’t supposed to water plants with straight up RO water. When I use RO for my plants I always add 3-5mL of CalMag per gallon of water.
I've run my last 3 grows 100% with RO water. Not an issue for me. Balanced soil just needs moisture and some top dressings along the way.

I could see hydro or coco grows being sensitive though. I'm not too good with fully understanding salt reactions and whatnot.

BSGrows

Gardener
I appreciate the feedback on my grow. Have you experienced mineral lockouts from RO reducing them? Or do you do the CalMag as a precautionary measure? These 3 gallon pots have about 1 3/4 cups of minerals each. I don't think the RO could tie all of it up. As a noob experiment, I'll continue to use "empty" RO and you guys will see the results in my contest updates. I think it's good info for people. Documented. And for the record these have seen only RO to this point.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I appreciate the feedback on my grow. Have you experienced mineral lockouts from RO reducing them? Or do you do the CalMag as a precautionary measure? These 3 gallon pots have about 1 3/4 cups of minerals each. I don't think the RO could tie all of it up. As a noob experiment, I'll continue to use "empty" RO and you guys will see the results in my contest updates. I think it's good info for people. Documented. And for the record these have seen only RO to this point.
That's cool, take one for the team - or prove us all wrong :cool: 🤷‍♂️.

I think it also depends on how deep your soil biology goes. If you have worms and fresh-castings with the life that naturally grows in there, it gets better the older the soil gets. You'll find the main thing you add is aeration because it'll get heavy with castings.

If you are in your first run not much will be noticable, but I think the "damage" for lack of a better word is just like there being a stasis where the soil seems stagnant.

Cover crops would be another buffer for adding straight water. Who cares if they do real well? But they can take the brunt of any effects or lack of effects.

Watch the plants. nothing is book-science yet.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I’m sure it’s totally fine if your soil is in great shape. I think it only reallly becomes more of an issue when your soil is getting depleted. I only do it as a precautionary measure. It’s cheap and I can usually see the difference in my plants when I don’t use it, but I may not see that difference if I amended my soil differently.