Natural Immunity

m4s73r

The Laziest
The fact that the media keeps pushing this rumor is part of the problem. It's been a long time since I've looked at the numbers but, last I looked, the chance of catching the virus were fairly low to begin with (more on this later) but, even if you caught it, the chance of being hospitalized from it was something really low like 1/10th of one percent for healthy individuals. The Delta variant came along and that was more transmissible, and hit people harder, but the chance of hospitalization for healthy individuals still wasn't high. Now we have Omicron going around and that is super mild but highly transmissible. My sibling, who works for the state medical examiners office, told me the most dangerous part of catching the virus (for healthy individuals) is the risk of getting blood clots in your legs from laying in bed for so much time when you are sick. Younger men, specifically, who they autopsied died from arterial embolisms in their legs. They said some of these guys had clots that ran the entire length of their legs.
But isnt that a matter of perspective? You're saying its 1/10 of 1 percent but that equals hospitals all over the place packed to capacity with covid related illness. So wouldnt that mean that 1/10th of 1 percent is still too high? I'd say Thats too high of a chance of hospitalization in this country as it sits right now. Factoring in that hospitals are notoriously understaffed with supply issues, that patients being admitted are unvaxxinated.

I mean if my wife had died in a waiting room cause the hospital was so packed with people that didnt want to take a vaccine, id be pissed. Especially if the only real side effect was a couple days not feeling well and in rare cases myrocarditis and blood clots. Most medication today have a LIST of shit that could happen.

Heard about the blood cots and have been telling people to get their ass out the bed and walk around the house.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
But isnt that a matter of perspective? You're saying its 1/10 of 1 percent but that equals hospitals all over the place packed to capacity with covid related illness. So wouldnt that mean that 1/10th of 1 percent is still too high? I'd say Thats too high of a chance of hospitalization in this country as it sits right now. Factoring in that hospitals are notoriously understaffed with supply issues, that patients being admitted are unvaxxinated.

I mean if my wife had died in a waiting room cause the hospital was so packed with people that didnt want to take a vaccine, id be pissed. Especially if the only real side effect was a couple days not feeling well and in rare cases myrocarditis and blood clots. Most medication today have a LIST of shit that could happen.

Heard about the blood cots and have been telling people to get their ass out the bed and walk around the house.
You have to factor in the chance of a healthy individual catching it, too, to see how low that 1/10th of 1% is. When I ran the numbers last year it came out to something like this (I'm pulling these numbers from my ass right now just to give an example)... healthy individuals with no mask in a crowded area for more than 30 minutes had a very minuscule chance already of catching the virus. Of those who were part of that tiny fraction, 1/10th of 1% of those people were at risk of hospitalization. The chance of healthy individuals being hospitalized were, and still are, extremely slim. When I ran the numbers it came out that you had a far better chance of being struck by lighting than being hospitalized form COVID (unless you have underlying conditions, of course). I remember that, for sure, because I made a joke about how the govt doesn't madate we all wear faraday cages to go outdoors.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
My GF has an autoimmune disease and it turns out that's a good reason NOT to get the vaxx. We both take a lot of precautions not to catch it or bring it home. Even though the mask mandate has been lifted in my area, I still wear it out in public anyway.
Yeah, I mispoke with that one. I forgot that is actually the reason my friend's son can't get the vaccine.

It's funny, because there's even debate on which shots are better. Some people swear Pfizer is the better of them and some swear it is Moderna. One thing I can say is that last summer it spread at my niece's wedding. My sister is an RN so she reached out to everyone to gather some info and one thing she told me she found interesting was that every person who caught COVID at the wedding was either unvaccinated or had the Pfizer vaccine. My wife and I were not vaccinated and sat with and hugged/kissed multiple people who did catch it and we somehow managed to not catch it at the wedding. It was two months later, in October, that my wife caught it at work from a co-worker and brought it home to me.
My wife's an RN too. They all got the Moderna and almost everyone felt like shit after the second dose. I got the Phizer and no issues, but just a little tired the first day after the first shot.

My daughter got the Moderna booster and was sick for a couple days.

But I don't think anyone should be forced to do shit. Military members and shit getting fired is ridiculous. Fuck that shit. My son does want the shot and that's his choice. I'm glad some people aren't getting it just in case we find out in 20 years that it fucked up our DNA or something.

And I'm all for the Truckers in Ottawa standing up for everyone's rights.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
My wife's an RN too. They all got the Moderna and almost everyone felt like shit after the second dose. I got the Phizer and no issues, but just a little tired the first day after the first shot.

My daughter got the Moderna booster and was sick for a couple days.

But I don't think anyone should be forced to do shit. Military members and shit getting fired is ridiculous. Fuck that shit. My son does want the shot and that's his choice. I'm glad some people aren't getting it just in case we find out in 20 years that it fucked up our DNA or something.

And I'm all for the Truckers in Ottawa standing up for everyone's rights.
As a veteran, I honestly have no issue with them requiring military members to get it. When you sign that dotted line you agree to a totally different set of terms than regular citizens.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
My GF has an autoimmune disease and it turns out that's a good reason NOT to get the vaxx. We both take a lot of precautions not to catch it or bring it home. Even though the mask mandate has been lifted in my area, I still wear it out in public anyway.

Also, the fucking boosters wear off after only what- 6 months? Considering that I'm quite sure that at least in my case the vaxx had something to do with my recent heart issues, I'll be damned if I'm getting another one. And maybe I'm damned if I don't.
Dr told my wife not to get the vax before talking with another doctor and had to get it under special care and would have to stay for hours rather than 15 min after shot. She gets freaked out over anything so she didn’t get the shot. The reason is she had a bad reaction to gadolinium that fucked her up pretty bad. She had ms like symptoms and was in and out of the hospital several times within 10 day period. She’s still to this day fucked up from it and it’s been about five years. Drs treated her like it wasn’t the gadolinium and she was just crazy. She couldn’t even finish her mri thing cause of the side effects from the gadolinium. But somehow it wasn’t from that. We lost total trust in drs, hospitals, etc. from that experience. I was fine from my first moderna shot. Second shot put me down bed ridden nothing but puking and sleeping for two days. After Me and my wife cought delta (we think).they couldn’t tell us and we were average sick for a few weeks. It seems to linger my wife had it slightly worse than me. We are both fine now except my taste and smell is still totally wrong and off.

As a veteran, I honestly have no issue with them requiring military members to get it. When you sign that dotted line you agree to a totally different set of terms than regular citizens.
I get that. My dad was in Vietnam and I know all about the vaccines those guys got. But I think combat is way more dangerous than a virus, and if volunteers in the Marines can make the decision to fight wars, I think they should also be able to decide for themselves if they're want the shot or not.

But I understand the other side too. We don't need our whole army and shit sick with COVID if they need to fight. But most members were vaxed anyways.

This whole issue has become way too political. I don't think politics should have anything to do with this shit.

Dr told my wife not to get the vax before talking with another doctor and had to get it under special care and would have to stay for hours rather than 15 min after shot. She gets freaked out over anything so she didn’t get the shot. The reason is she had a bad reaction to gadolinium that fucked her up pretty bad. She had ms like symptoms and was in and out of the hospital several times within 10 day period. She’s still to this day fucked up from it and it’s been about five years. Drs treated her like it wasn’t the gadolinium and she was just crazy. She couldn’t even finish her mri thing cause of the side effects from the gadolinium. But somehow it wasn’t from that. We lost total trust in drs, hospitals, etc. from that experience. I was fine from my first moderna shot. Second shot put me down bed ridden nothing but puking and sleeping for two days. After Me and my wife cought delta (we think).they couldn’t tell us and we were average sick for a few weeks. It seems to linger my wife had it slightly worse than me. We are both fine now except my taste and smell is still totally wrong and off.
That sucks. My 21 year old daughter was puking after the Moderna booster and sick for 2 days. She got it because she was going to Africa. She was actually in Africa when the first strain came out and was almost stuck in Africa. She got really lucky and got a leftover seat on the last flight out.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Sometimes the "cure" is worse than the disease. Sometimes not. How do you know ahead of time? You make your best decision with the info you have, listen to what your gut is telling you and hope you at least live to regret it lol

Glad you both made it. From what I hear, taste and smell do come back eventually.

m4s73r

The Laziest
As a parallel.

How do you guys think we has a society will do in the event of another pandemic? Have we learned anything? Or is it too soon to tell?

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
As a parallel.

How do you guys think we has a society will do in the event of another pandemic? Have we learned anything? Or is it too soon to tell?
In our country's current state of hyper control and enforced infantilism- and the inevitable responses to it- I'm pretty convinced we couldn't be told to breathe normally.