Natural Immunity

D

Deleted member 60

@NoWaistedSpace ...... wife is doing well. Still having some occasional afib...which....those cats who don;t know shit... (LOL)...aka her electrophysiologist/team of heart docs....said would likely happen for a bit. She hasn't bottomed out since the procedure though...(low of 42) and the afib breaks/isn't constant like before....so we're hopeful. Read a study of 20 folks...same condition....was 85% successful.....and about 1/3 of the folks got off the anti-rythmia drugs. Only 3 had to go on to have other ablations/procedures. Her extra meds run out in a week...so we are thinking we'll hear something from the doc on how/what will happen from here. We've been taking walks and went to a concert Friday night...all of which tire her out pretty good. This shit has worn her down for sure. Thanks for asking.

I got vaxxed last May, Pfizer. No problem, not even a day. Got a Moderna booster in November. Felt like shit for two weeks. I've been feeling drug out and fatigued ever since. Two weeks ago I had a heart attack scare. I know for a fact I have excellent resting heart rate, low blood pressure, great cholesterol numbers.

I'm one person and the plural of anecdote is not data.

But I'm not getting another booster.
Careful. Here comes the pitchforks, :ROFLMAO:

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I'm ready! Look, I got the vaxx. I'm not saying it will happen to anyone else; I'm just taking about what happened to me.

Did my cardio stress test yesterday and I guess I'll discuss the results with my doc soon. Watch this space.
My take on all of this is anyone who is so fixated on one side of this debate, or the other, that they will cut off friends and family for not agreeing with them really needs to take a deep breath and realize that nobody knows anything about the truth of the majority of these stories and understand that the entire situation has been politicized. How rediculous is it that anyone who dares question the vaccine is instantly labeled a "Trumper" or "Anti-Science"? One of the fundamental principles of science is to question everything and to keep questioning it until it has been beaten to death. The whole "trust the science" mantra that has been all over the place lately is, to me, telling people to have blind faith in something they don't fully understand...that is more of a faith based way of thinking than science, and it doesn't help anybody. We won't know for probably at least another 5-10 years down the road when there has been enough time to evaluate everything. People are so used to instant gratification with the internet that they seem to have forgotten that things like these take time to figure out.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
My take on all of this is anyone who is so fixated on one side of this debate, or the other, that they will cut off friends and family for not agreeing with them really needs to take a deep breath and realize that nobody knows anything about the truth of the majority of these stories and understand that the entire situation has been politicized. How rediculous is it that anyone who dares question the vaccine is instantly labeled a "Trumper" or "Anti-Science"? One of the fundamental principles of science is to question everything and to keep questioning it until it has been beaten to death. The whole "trust the science" mantra that has been all over the place lately is, to me, telling people to have blind faith in something they don't fully understand...that is more of a faith based way of thinking than science, and it doesn't help anybody. We won't know for probably at least another 5-10 years down the road when there has been enough time to evaluate everything. People are so used to instant gratification with the internet that they seem to have forgotten that things like these take time to figure out.
Couldn't have said it any better!

That's why I'm sharing my experience, so others can at least have the data point.

I'm a moderate liberal. I hate the far left and right. I got 1 shot. 1 shot.

Almost fucking died 10 days later. Pancreas first then a month later the heart. Never took another shot.

I don't care about what politics you believe in. I care about who you are as a human being and how you think. You do you. Who the fuck am I to tell you how to think or what to believe in.............................................as long as you give me the same respect. That's all that matters to me :alien:

I forgot to add this......................got the flu once Sept of 2020 for 3 days. 100 temp, slight headache and slight body ache with a slight sore throat. Never got tested. March of 2020 I got a bad eye infection in my left eye. Eye doctor told me my body fights viruses so well they come out thru my eyes. Said my body was fighting a virus and gave me meds. This was when Covid just got going. Weird shit.

Got the Covid shot May of 2021. Got sick 10 days later and was sick with major shit for 5 months afterwards.

Last edited:

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I'm a moderate liberal. I hate the far left and right. I got 1 shot. 1 shot.

Almost fucking died 10 days later. Pancreas first then a month later the heart. Never took another shot.

I don't care about what politics you believe in. I care about who you are as a human being and how you think. You do you. Who the fuck am I to tell you how to think or what to believe in.............................................as long as you give me the same respect. That's all that matters to me :alien:

I forgot to add this......................got the flu once Sept of 2020 for 3 days. 100 temp, slight headache and slight body ache with a slight sore throat. Never got tested. March of 2020 I got a bad eye infection in my left eye. Eye doctor told me my body fights viruses so well they come out thru my eyes. Said my body was fighting a virus and gave me meds. This was when Covid just got going. Weird shit.

Got the Covid shot May of 2021. Got sick 10 days later and was sick with major shit for 5 months afterwards.
Which shot did you get? I got the Pfizer shots and no side effects to speak of. That Moderna booster fucked me right up.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Which shot did you get? I got the Pfizer shots and no side effects to speak of. That Moderna booster fucked me right up.
It's funny, because there's even debate on which shots are better. Some people swear Pfizer is the better of them and some swear it is Moderna. One thing I can say is that last summer it spread at my niece's wedding. My sister is an RN so she reached out to everyone to gather some info and one thing she told me she found interesting was that every person who caught COVID at the wedding was either unvaccinated or had the Pfizer vaccine. My wife and I were not vaccinated and sat with and hugged/kissed multiple people who did catch it and we somehow managed to not catch it at the wedding. It was two months later, in October, that my wife caught it at work from a co-worker and brought it home to me.

m4s73r

The Laziest
On a basic level I can understand the initial worry. I mean lets face it, we are dealing with the government and the pharmaceutical industry. Not exactly the beacons of humanity. But to say at this point, Feb 16th 2022" that the vaccine is bad for humans" is just flat wrong on a general level. Are there some people out there that may experience a bad reaction? Sure. Looks like V256.420 went through some shit. But people also have bad reaction to drugs all the time. Thats why half of the medication commercial is the list of all the horrible shit that "might" happen.

To quote a USA stat site:
At least 251,655,172 people or 76% of the population have received at least one dose.
Overall, 213,430,434 people or 64% of the population are considered fully vaccinated.

With that many people who have had the shot just in the US (not to mention the rest of the world) I feel like we have a handle on the reactions. I got the phizer shot 1 and 2 and had no side effects. When I got covid, it wasn't the end of the world for me. Then my whole family passed it around and everyone is fine. Every member of my family that has gotten the vaccine got phizer and nobody had any issues. The only members of the family that have had issues are the unvaxxed. 3 are dead so far and it looks like its going to kill off my uncle as well.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
On a basic level I can understand the initial worry. I mean lets face it, we are dealing with the government and the pharmaceutical industry. Not exactly the beacons of humanity. But to say at this point, Feb 16th 2022" that the vaccine is bad for humans" is just flat wrong on a general level. Are there some people out there that may experience a bad reaction? Sure. Looks like V256.420 went through some shit. But people also have bad reaction to drugs all the time. Thats why half of the medication commercial is the list of all the horrible shit that "might" happen.

At least 251,655,172 people or 76% of the population have received at least one dose.
Overall, 213,430,434 people or 64% of the population are considered fully vaccinated.

With that many people who have had the shot just in the US (not to mention the rest of the world) I feel like we have a handle on the reactions. I got the phizer shot 1 and 2 and had no side effects. When I got covid, it wasn't the end of the world for me. Then my whole family passed it around and everyone is fine. Every member of my family that has gotten the vaccine got phizer and nobody had any issues. The only members of the family that have had issues are the unvaxxed. 3 are dead so far and it looks like its going to kill off my uncle as well.
Fuck. I was gonna like that post up until the end. I'm sorry you're losing family members over this.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

Sorry to hear about your family members, that's crazy that you have so many that have died from COVID already.

IMHO, people need to evaluate the risks, for their self, and make the decision. Taking the vaccine has it's own risks so, if you are a generally healthy person, who rarely goes out to crowded places, and your risk of catching COVID and becoming seriously affected by it is lower than you risk of having issues from the vaccine, then IMHO it makes sense to not get the vaccine because you don't go out enough to be a risk to anyone else anyway. If you have a condition that is known to put you at high risk (obesity, smoker, heart condition, auto immune issues, etc.) then the risk of being severely affected by COVID far outweigh the risk of severe side effects of the vaccine so it would make sense to get it. 5-10 years from now I may think differently depending on what all the data shows regarding the vaccines and how their development progresses. I'm sure it will be looked at like the flu shot in a few years.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Well in fairness the first one was their 90s and in the nursing home when it first hit the nursing homes. Then my trumper aunt and her son in law. Both of them super fat, smokers, alcoholics. Thankfully he didnt reproduce. Then my uncle is an ex drug addict that has been in and out of nursing homes since he was paralyzed. Just bad health all around. I didnt really know my great aunt at all. I think she was 94. Im not real broke up about it if you cant tell.

Streetpro09

Tester

I'm not sure i can believe those numbers but each to their own. Maybe I'm just stuck in an unvaxed bubble or people lie about not getting it?

m4s73r

The Laziest
Sorry to hear about your family members, that's crazy that you have so many that have died from COVID already.

IMHO, people need to evaluate the risks, for their self, and make the decision. Taking the vaccine has it's own risks so, if you are a generally healthy person, who rarely goes out to crowded places, and your risk of catching COVID and becoming seriously affected by it is lower than you risk of having issues from the vaccine, then IMHO it makes sense to not get the vaccine because you don't go out enough to be a risk to anyone else anyway. If you have a condition that is known to put you at high risk (obesity, smoker, heart condition, auto immune issues, etc.) then the risk of being severely affected by COVID far outweigh the risk of severe side effects of the vaccine so it would make sense to get it. 5-10 years from now I may think differently depending on what all the data shows regarding the vaccines and how their development progresses. I'm sure it will be looked at like the flu shot in a few years.
I can appreciate what your saying. I think reasons to not get the shot would be less had the vaccine been presented differently. Based on how everything has been presented to the public you have a nice middle ground approach. I only have one argument. The severity of side effects of getting the vaccine. Shouldnt we talk about the risks of each of the vaccines?
*side note
Why call them risks? Any other drug would be calling the risks "side effects". LOL

We have a virus in the populace that has a high chance of hospitalization with out some sort of "immune system assistance". I think based on what we have heard just on this thread, Moderna has more side effects than the Phizer. I will say that is what made us decide when we got the shot in my family. We had a couple of our elderly get the Moderna and my grandma got the Phizer. Those that got the moderna felt like shit, those that got the phizer didnt. We went with Phizer.

And maybe my ass is too rudimentary. I can accept that. I am not in favor of forcing anyone to do anything they dont want to do. Life is like boxing. Protect yourself at all times. I think the bigger issue is the general over all health of people and how we as a society treat being healthy.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
We have a virus in the populace that has a high chance of hospitalization with out some sort of "immune system assistance".
The fact that the media keeps pushing this rumor is part of the problem. It's been a long time since I've looked at the numbers but, last I looked, the chance of catching the virus were fairly low to begin with (more on this later) but, even if you caught it, the chance of being hospitalized from it was something really low like 1/10th of one percent for healthy individuals. The Delta variant came along and that was more transmissible, and hit people harder, but the chance of hospitalization for healthy individuals still wasn't high. Now we have Omicron going around and that is super mild but highly transmissible. My sibling, who works for the state medical examiners office, told me the most dangerous part of catching the virus (for healthy individuals) is the risk of getting blood clots in your legs from laying in bed for so much time when you are sick. Younger men, specifically, who they autopsied died from arterial embolisms in their legs. They said some of these guys had clots that ran the entire length of their legs.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical

My GF has an autoimmune disease and it turns out that's a good reason NOT to get the vaxx. We both take a lot of precautions not to catch it or bring it home. Even though the mask mandate has been lifted in my area, I still wear it out in public anyway.

Also, the fucking boosters wear off after only what- 6 months? Considering that I'm quite sure that at least in my case the vaxx had something to do with my recent heart issues, I'll be damned if I'm getting another one. And maybe I'm damned if I don't.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
My sibling, who works for the state medical examiners office, told me the most dangerous part of catching the virus (for healthy individuals) is the risk of getting blood clots in your legs from laying in bed for so much time when you are sick.
That's quite the connect! I've heard that laying on your stomach helps I airways open as well. Maybe you can ask her what her thoughts are on that?