Natural Immunity

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Jesus titty fucking Christ. I've had a few run-ins with credit and borrowing and it's a fucking racket from start to finish. And some people charge their fucking groceries...
The debt some people are in is mind boggling to me. My wife lost both of her parents about a decade ago. When all was said and done she inherited about $150,000 and her sister got the same. The first thing we did was traded in both cars we still owed money on and bought two new reliable vehicles with cash. Then we paid off all our credit cards, small loans, and I shut down everything but 1 credit card that is only in my name because my wife had an issue using them randomly. It took my wife awhile to not feel like some oppressed person but we’ve been debt free (minus a mortgage) for over a decade now. I honestly don’t understand how people feel fine being in huge debt.

Oh, I forgot to add…
Her sister had a piece of crap car and, instead of buying a new one, she took her moms piece of crap car. Within 3 years she’s blew that $150,000 on frivolous shit, ended up having to finance a new car, is in debt and really can’t afford to support herself. She was living off of us for 6 years before we finally told her she needed to move out. She thinks I hate her because I wasn’t willing to let her stay here and doesn’t understand we kicked her out because it’s the only way she will learn to survive on her own.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
The debt some people are in is mind boggling to me. My wife lost both of her parents about a decade ago. When all was said and done she inherited about $150,000 and her sister got the same. The first thing we did was traded in both cars we still owed money on and bought two new reliable vehicles with cash. Then we paid off all our credit cards, small loans, and I shut down everything but 1 credit card that is only in my name because my wife had an issue using them randomly. It took my wife awhile to not feel like some oppressed person but we’ve been debt free (minus a mortgage) for over a decade now. I honestly don’t understand how people feel fine being in huge debt.

Oh, I forgot to add…
Her sister had a piece of crap car and, instead of buying a new one, she took her moms piece of crap car. Within 3 years she’s blew that $150,000 on frivolous shit, ended up having to finance a new car, is in debt and really can’t afford to support herself. She was living off of us for 6 years before we finally told her she needed to move out. She thinks I hate her because I wasn’t willing to let her stay here and doesn’t understand we kicked her out because it’s the only way she will learn to survive on her own.
Or... She won't learn. She'll just blame you. Not your problem.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Or... She won't learn. She'll just blame you. Not your problem.
It's a sad situation, really. She had a great job with the state when she first moved in with us and then quit during the "me too" movement because she said the men at work were treating her poorly. She went years without working and then started doing part time jobs at stores and stuff. My wife went from feeling sorry for her to being downright offended and feeling like she was being used by her own sister. I honsetly hope she gets her shit together because, after losing their parents, they are really all they have with regards to immediate family. The real issue is her mother babied her her whole life and always bailed her out of situations. When her parents died she somehow expected her younger sister to take over that role.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
It's a sad situation, really. She had a great job with the state when she first moved in with us and then quit during the "me too" movement because she said the men at work were treating her poorly. She went years without working and then started doing part time jobs at stores and stuff. My wife went from feeling sorry for her to being downright offended and feeling like she was being used by her own sister. I honsetly hope she gets her shit together because, after losing their parents, they are really all they have with regards to immediate family. The real issue is her mother babied her her whole life and always bailed her out of situations. When her parents died she somehow expected her younger sister to take over that role.
I've heard the "babied by/bailed out constantly by the parents" story so many times. Not how my kid has been raised!

D

Deleted member 60

My take on all of this is anyone who is so fixated on one side of this debate, or the other, that they will cut off friends and family for not agreeing with them really needs to take a deep breath and realize that nobody knows anything about the truth of the majority of these stories and understand that the entire situation has been politicized. How rediculous is it that anyone who dares question the vaccine is instantly labeled a "Trumper" or "Anti-Science"? One of the fundamental principles of science is to question everything and to keep questioning it until it has been beaten to death. The whole "trust the science" mantra that has been all over the place lately is, to me, telling people to have blind faith in something they don't fully understand...that is more of a faith based way of thinking than science, and it doesn't help anybody. We won't know for probably at least another 5-10 years down the road when there has been enough time to evaluate everything. People are so used to instant gratification with the internet that they seem to have forgotten that things like these take time to figure out.
I took a deep breath. Still feel the same way. No regrets here for protecting my wife from those who would risk her health willingly. None.

It's just another aspect of the differences I have with many in the fam...and some "friends" as well. (and it does follow party lines..at least in my family). After losing my son and going through so many major life changes...I've become hardened/jaded to the point that I can...and have... set folks aside in my life who weren't there for us/couldn't get past themselves and their own fear about death when we needed them the most. From that place..it's pretty easy to then nix folks who could bring additional death to my door via something so small as the failure to get vaccinated. I live the ugly residue of death daily...so I'll do whatever it takes to avoid carrying more of that kinda of weight.

I do love your take about "blind Faith' though. About 1/2 the folks in this nation belleve in an invisible being called "God".....but nobody has seen it....and there's absolutely >>>>>>>no<<<<<<< proof that such a being exists.....yet....they believe fully in such fantasy/Fable/fallacy to the point that most of them think THEY possess the ultimate power....via PRAYER.....to change the way things happen in the future. Oh.........my. "but the science is unproven". LOFL. Der....duh. Let us pray.

On the flip side....some believe they can change the way things happen in the future via science....not via a God that doesn't exist......myself included.

D

Deleted member 60

Back at ya @NoWaistedSpace ....and forgive me for getting wrapped up in my own shit and forgetting to ask..........how is the GF doing?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I do love your take about "blind Faith' though. About 1/2 the folks in this nation belleve in an invisible being called "God".....but nobody has seen it....and there's absolutely >>>>>>>no<<<<<<< proof that such a being exists.....yet....they believe fully in such fantasy/Fable/fallacy to the point that most of them think THEY possess the ultimate power....via PRAYER.....to change the way things happen in the future. Oh.........my. "but the science is unproven". LOFL. Der....duh. Let us pray.

On the flip side....some believe they can change the way things happen in the future via science....not via a God that doesn't exist......myself included.
I think you may have misunderstood the point I was trying to make with that statement. What I was trying to get at is that having blind faith in science is no different than having blind faith in a “God”. I’m not a religious person at all, and I believe in science, I just feel that the media is pushing the whole “believe the science” mantra to the point of it being more blind faith than actual science. Let’s be honest…a large percentage of people who honesty believe they are “following the science” are just regurgitating shit they’ve read on the internet and have no idea how to actually verify what they are reading is true. How is that really any different than believing in and following religious texts? The Internet is a double edged sword. There is a ton of valuable information out there…but there is also so much misinformation out there that you practically need a degree to be able to figure out what is true and what is bullshit.

D

Deleted member 60

The difference I see is that COVID will kill you...and religion is only gonna fuck up your head. Blows me away though...to watch so many get so duped by religion...and then turn around state....with ferocity....that they "know" the science is a lie. LOFL.

A scientist at least went to school to learn what they can...from proven fact.

while the religious whack opened his book once....glanced at the text breifly.....then he picks out the text that fits/illuminates what >he< wanted it to say...

then he denounces all fact. LOL. Talk about misinformation.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
I wonder if there have been any studies that look to see if any of the cannabinoids in marijuana bind to the same receptors that covid does. There is an Israeli study from years ago that shows THC binds to the same receptors that the herpes simplex virus binds to so if you are a habitual smoker you basically can't get herpes. With covid we know that overweight people are at risk and that covid as an afinity towards lipids... so does THC.

D

Deleted member 60

They went in with a camera and closed her back up. It has spread everywhere. Having a hard time dealing with this. She is so positive.
Gonna start her on chemo in a couple weeks.
Fuck me...so sorry to hear that. I can only imagine the place it puts your head and how hard it is to operate from that place. If it helps....do ya have someone close you talk to who gives you a place to drop off some of the shit in yer head/is a sounding board/etc? Someone who will just listen to you? I hope so.

And if not....while i know we only "know" each other here.....sometimes when things are truly fucked it's easier to just let it fly with folks you know won;t judge you...cus they don;t know enough about you to judge you. Either way...my DM's are always open...and I'd give you my number if that would help in any way, shape or form. Everybody is different....but we are also the same when it comes to the really tough shit.

D

Deleted member 60

It's hard to be inside this skin sometimes. Even harder to watch those you love suffer/die and feel so fuckin' helpless. The residuals that hang about after they leave are debilitating. I have so much less headspace these days than i did before my son passed. Just too much shit in there.

Such is why...for me...getting sucked into the whining about COVID...or Biden./..or the truckers...sets me on end.....cus that kinda negativity and mamby'ism isn't the kinda shit I focus on or think about in my world on a daily basis.... until I get here and see the shat show of fools (yes...you)...the SAME shat show of fools...goin on and on and on and on and on and on....daily...everyday....all day.... about whatever it is that they think is taking something away from em...or something they are being forced to do...or the many things they won't do... blahblahfuckinblah. I just shut down an old friend last night who called and wanted to talk about "Ukraine:. Like I told him....."Fuck me. It's no wonder yer bi-polar and on 4 different anyti-psych meds...and still not happy/think shit is muy fucked up. Watch some more TV...that'll fix yer head right up...." der duh... Some fools just gotta whine...,and if they don't have anything to whine about...they watch "Fox"....the set their head on "repeat". Parrots and puppets..one and all.

Anytime @NoWaistedSpace. That lonely place will eat yer ass up from the inside. I know it well. It sets everything like the above topic/world news/etc. aside...cus there are far more important issues at hand. Life and death issues...not shit ya went lookin for to whine about/posture over/etc.

So when does the Chemo start? What are your thoughts on all of that stuff? Like I say....if ya need an ear....

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
It's hard to be inside this skin sometimes. Even harder to watch those you love suffer/die and feel so fuckin' helpless. The residuals that hang about after they leave are debilitating. I have so much less headspace these days than i did before my son passed. Just too much shit in there.

Such is why...for me...getting sucked into the whining about COVID...or Biden./..or the truckers...sets me on end.....cus that kinda negativity and mamby'ism isn't the kinda shit I focus on or think about in my world on a daily basis.... until I get here and see the shat show of fools (yes...you)...the SAME shat show of fools...goin on and on and on and on and on and on....daily...everyday....all day.... about whatever it is that they think is taking something away from em...or something they are being forced to do...or the many things they won't do... blahblahfuckinblah. I just shut down an old friend last night who called and wanted to talk about "Ukraine:. Like I told him....."Fuck me. It's no wonder yer bi-polar and on 4 different anyti-psych meds...and still not happy/think shit is muy fucked up. Watch some more TV...that'll fix yer head right up...." der duh... Some fools just gotta whine...,and if they don't have anything to whine about...they watch "Fox"....the set their head on "repeat". Parrots and puppets..one and all.

Anytime @NoWaistedSpace. That lonely place will eat yer ass up from the inside. I know it well. It sets everything like the above topic/world news/etc. aside...cus there are far more important issues at hand. Life and death issues...not shit ya went lookin for to whine about/posture over/etc.

So when does the Chemo start? What are your thoughts on all of that stuff? Like I say....if ya need an ear....
I definitely get your point. Way too much stupid shit going that isn't important in our personal lives.
Yes, I say stupid shit along with the rest. lol
Dr's appt Wed, so she'll know after that when chemo starts. The poor woman has it in her mouth even. It's everywhere. She has a big baseball size knot on her liver, and knots below her belly button.