My Perpetual Madness: Sad Does Multi Strains Under TSL-2000's & More

I was moving around some plants and trimming anything covering bud sites directly. Not much, maybe 3-4 leaves per plant. I got to one of my flowering Solo cups and caught the hermie. Suspect was Alaskan Purple Kush from Seedsmans. It was a freebie, so maybe that's why? Anyways, I have another one in my 2x4 so I checked it over and it showed no signs of it hermieing. <---if that's even spelled right lol. Anyways, I'll keep an eye on it just in case and lucky I spotted it early. Zero pollen released. That plant is now chopped down. No biggy.

A good friend of mine knows my new hobby and just stopped by my house. He wanted to see the ladies but my lights were off. Anyways, he dropped me off about 15 different seeds. He said each seed is 100% a different strain but he doesn't know what one is which. I really don't have the room right now as I am past plant maximum. If all goes well, I should be growing under the TS-3000 from Mars-Hydro in a couple weeks.

So I am starting to run into trouble in the garden...I have 7 plants total that are 7 weeks in flower. I also have 8 plants that are in week 3 of flower inside of my 2x4. The 2 Early Skunk's are 2 of that 7 getting closer to being done but they are not really promising of a plant. At least I wont grow it ever again. Is it even worth chopping the 2 down to allow some more room for the plants in the 2x4? I guess some space is better then none and I wont be losing out too much on something I may not even care for.

sandman83

Super Active Member
Eh I have a similar feeling about a few of the genetics in my current run, but at the end of the day it is still smoke and I've already invested all the nutes and power to get them this far. Might as well finish em out and see how it is.

Do you have a mars connection or win the light? I could use a discount on the next 2 sp250 I need ;).

Eh I have a similar feeling about a few of the genetics in my current run, but at the end of the day it is still smoke and I've already invested all the nutes and power to get them this far. Might as well finish em out and see how it is.

Do you have a mars connection or win the light? I could use a discount on the next 2 sp250 I need ;).
I purchased everything I own besides the one brand of nutes that was sent to me for free. However, I am the plug. ;)

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
It would increase the chances dramatically.
I'd toss any hermy plant imho.
The chances of it passing on that trait are way too risky for me.
There needs to be a thread discussing how people would feel about genetically modifying cannibas to get rid of things like the "hermie" gene. Not sure how I feel honestly. I mean with the shit becoming more readily available, and lots of people breeding cannibas...

I mean $#! it, why not make glow in the dark cannibas that won't herm on you lol

There is a chance of hermy with any pot plant. It's part of their genetic makeup. It's just a matter of how prone and or how easy they will do it.
It's all part of that "Nature will find a way." Quote. Lol
That's why I was thinking about chucking a little from the Alaskan Purple onto the Critical Purple....BUT...I could be saving myself headaches down the road.

If you want to chuck some for beans then go the female reversal route, or keep a male you like.
I would for sure not add in a self hermy to the mix. Thats just asking for issues. Lol.
I have been looking for a mom for about a year now. I was going to keep my Jack Herer as a mom but kitty killed my clones a few moons ago. I saved a cut off my Durban on the fact alone of how vigorous she grew and how big it got during the stretch. I want to smoke her though first to see if the Durban cut is even worth keeping around. Vigorous growth is a good trait in a way but can be found in many strains. The only problem I have now is looking for a father "IF" mom is a keeper. I could also do it just to chuck once to get the experience of doing it under my belt. BUT I also don't want to waste my time searching for a mom just to cross her with something unworthy.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
This was taken last week. I had to tie her up recently. Nearly hitting the very top of my 6ft tent.

This is the clone I had taken off the mom. I have snapped her main growth down once already. I might need to I don't even know what it is called but need her much much shorter.
Sounds like you could use some help, I'll send her right over.

s-l1600.jpg