Mr.white vs budders….grow off!!!

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
He’s just some kid on his second grow who weighs his weed wet. More than likely lives in his wife’s parents basement as well.
Notice he never posts after 10pm. Thanks to Heisen, he now has a "bedtime story" book.
Been on digikey looking at 8th gen cobs. Looks like bridgelux makes one throwing out 200 lumens per watt. My vero.7s still putting out high 160s at 1.4 mA.
I'll tell you what budder. I'm gonna build my own light to woop your simpleton ass.
I was looking at the Gen 8 a couple days ago. Have you ever lost a Gen 7? I have close to 70 of them and they all are still working. But I've lost at least 4 drivers that went bad. All were Meanwells too.
I keep pairing them or paralleling 3 of them together and can get 200 lumens/watt.
@Heisenbean I know someone that has 41" strips with samsung 301B and 660, I have him talked down to 50 bucks each. (2 x 20" pcbs on 41" heatsinks). Like the Chilled strips. You interested?

Last edited:

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Notice he never posts after 10pm. Thanks to Heisen, he now has a "bedtime story" book.

I was looking at the Gen 8 a couple days ago. Have you ever lost a Gen 7? I have close to 70 of them and they all are still working. But I've lost at least 4 drivers that went bad. All were Meanwells too.
I keep pairing them or paralleling 3 of them together and can get 200 lumens/watt.
Never lost a cob but I did lose a driver also.

m4s73r

The Laziest
I would say a 750 double ended is about the same as a 1000 SE. I personally never liked the se bulbs. The dimming capabilities are good for sure with the LED. There are definitely some savings , I just don't think it is as much as what some let on to be.
I did not know that 1k DE was that much over 1k SE. I knew there was a gain but not that much.
Yeah I would have to break it down "operational cost per gram". For me that is the measure of growing success. What did it cost to grow per gram per year?
Factors are, set up cost, nutrients, water, electricity, maintenance, and labor. Imo these things are as important as lights. I mean great you got 1.2 G/watt. How much money did you spend to get there?

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
They say that one Watt is 3.414 BTu no matter what but there has to be some kind of factor in the for operating temperature.

Also, IME it costs about 40% less electricity per unit of product to use LED vs HID of whatever type. That's not a big deal for a guy using a spare bedroom but it's very significant in commercial facilities. That said, the savings don't pencil out unless you're paying Hawaii or Enron prices. This is why it's taking awhile for LED lighting to make inroads in commercial facilities.

Climate control is a similar thing, only more so. It's common for gone growers running up to 2kW of lighting in a given room not to have AC at all and just to ventilate the space from the outside.

This approach goes right out the window as soon as you hit the 5kW mark and usually well before then. At this point you MUST have AC and most likely humidity control, too. The problem with commercial facilities is that they find themselves stuck between requirement suppliers who either don't know anything about growing or about the other equipment needed to maintain optimal conditions so all that equipment ends up fighting each other, and the bleeding casualty left on the battlefield is your power bill.

This is why home grows are fundamentally different from commercial facilities.
How does one apply for commercial kwh at half price? Ive heard some fellas glean over it but didn't know if the process was a myth or something to chat about at the power company....? Is there a scale that warrants wholesale power?

6” from edge on each main branch I have lined up with corners….1 foot……. 10” on each side away from tent wall because the mains are tied down past the rest so naturally their not going to be as wide…….Soooooo ya your both wrong….. next?
Are you trying to say there is only 6 inches of gap from the plant to the corners where you had your tape measure?

If that was true then... the tape measure shows 4'2" from plant corner to corner. 6 inches on both side would make your tent 5'2" on the diagonal.

A 4x4 tent should have a diagonal measurement of about 5'8"

A 5x5 tent should have a diagonal measurement of about 7'

Actual measurements will be slightly less if you measure pole to pole. I think my Gorilla 5x5 measured about 6'8" inside pole edge corner to corner.

It appears your tent isn't quite the 5x5 now is it? Maybe they mixed up and sent you a 4x4 and you didn't know?

Last edited:

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Are you trying to say there is only 6 inches of gap from the plant to the corners where you had your tape measure?

If that was true then... the tape measure shows 4'2" from plant corner to corner. 6 inches on both side would make your tent 5'2" on the diagonal.

A 4x4 tent should have a diagonal measurement of about 5'8"

A 5x5 tent should have a diagonal measurement of about 7'

Actual measurements will be slightly less if you measure pole to pole. I think my Gorilla 5x5 measured about 6'8" inside pole edge corner to corner.

It appears your tent isn't quite the 5x5 now is it? Maybe they mixed up and sent you a 4x4 and you didn't know?
I wonder if his scale might have a similar problem...

Thingfish

So ya it’s a 5x5
Dude, you can't even tell the truth about the size of your tent.
That's clearly not a 5x5 tent as others have pointed out yet you continue to lie.

The diagonal of a 4x4 is about 68"
The diagonal of a 5x5 tent is about 85"

50" is visible on tape measure
If the tent is a 5x5, there's another 35" just beyond the edge of the pic
If its a 4x4, there's another 18" just beyond the edge of the pic

It's obvious that there's not another 70% (35") beyond the frame

budder_bullshit.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dude, you can't even tell the truth about the size of your tent.
That's clearly not a 5x5 tent as others have pointed out yet you continue to lie.

The diagonal of a 4x4 is about 68"
The diagonal of a 5x5 tent is about 85"

50" is visible on tape measure
If the tent is a 5x5, there's another 35" just beyond the edge of the pic
If its a 4x4, there's another 18" just beyond the edge of the pic

It's obvious that there's not another 70% (35") beyond the frame

View attachment 106039
Simpler - those screen vents are 12" wide. There's a little more than that (probably about 18") between the vent and the pole on each side. About a vent and a half on each side... 4 feet.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Simpler - those screen vents are 12" wide. There's a little more than that (probably about 18") between the vent and the pole on each side. About a vent and a half on each side... 4 feet.
LOL! I was literally just making this to show it's a 4x4. the mesh vents on the cloudline 4x4 and 5x5 are 13.7". He either ordered the wrong tent or they sent him the wrong tent.
image.jpg