Megacrop thread

Sc006

Budtender
I ended up putting a pound of MC (454 G) into 1 quart of water.

I use 30ml of that and check the TDS to get where i need to be. That brings me in at 700 TDS I add more as needed

For the ones later in flower back off the amount of solution and add a couple grams of Bud Explosion

Water always ends up at 5.7 after i add that.
I was thinking of doing this. Is it hard to dissolve and can you use well water with say 200 ppm range to dissolve it in?

gwheels

Elite Hobbyist
Site Supporter
I used RO water but that should work. And if you want to make it easy on yourself use hot water. It disolves better.
It separates a bit when you leave it into a brown sludge on the bottom and dark brown fluid. I shake it up and pour it out. It smells like ass the same as the bag. But no powder to taste..I don't miss it.

Sc006

Budtender
I used RO water but that should work. And if you want to make it easy on yourself use hot water. It disolves better.
It separates a bit when you leave it into a brown sludge on the bottom and dark brown fluid. I shake it up and pour it out. It smells like ass the same as the bag. But no powder to taste..I don't miss it.
Thanks do use 30 ml a gal? Just trying to get a rough idea of the ratio. Mixing up powder ever few days is a pain in the ass lol after awhile.

gwheels

Elite Hobbyist
Site Supporter
Well that would help...lol...i fill a 5 gallon bottle at a time. The kind you put on a water cooler.
I fill them with my RO water machine and the easiest to slug around. I keep 8 jugs (40G) full of plain water for water swaps.
What i recommend is you check the TDS of your water, add 30ml to the water and shake it and see where it gets you. Then you can dial it in.

It also helps ensure it is a more homogeneous mixture of what is in Megacrop. When i weighed out 17 grams per 5 gallons how do you know its equal representation of those cal mag chips etc...

This way i know.

Sc006

Budtender
Well that would help...lol...i fill a 5 gallon bottle at a time. The kind you put on a water cooler.
I fill them with my RO water machine and the easiest to slug around. I keep 8 jugs (40G) full of plain water for water swaps.
What i recommend is you check the TDS of your water, add 30ml to the water and shake it and see where it gets you. Then you can dial it in.

It also helps ensure it is a more homogeneous mixture of what is in Megacrop. When i weighed out 17 grams per 5 gallons how do you know its equal representation of those cal mag chips etc...

This way i know.
Yeah the way I do it now is 25 gram per 5 gals water. Gives me 800 900 ppm minus my water. According to my cheap ppm pen lol. I was just trying to get a rough idea how much you would have to add of th liquid solution to get around 800 ppm. Thanks for the info!

TrichsRus

Budtender
Mega crop @ 4grams and the mega crop calmag have been doing great for me. I stopped using the calmag @ week 3. Everything is too green. I'm assuming too much nitrogen. I dont have any clawing and very little burnt tips. I am seeing some burnt/brown spots on the leaf serrations...any ideas? Not sure if it's a deficiency, if its nute burn or light burn. 5 weeks into flower.

gwheels

Elite Hobbyist
Site Supporter
If you put a pound into 1 quart of water each ml has .48 grams of MC. Then you can do the math from there.

15G per 5 gallons is 30ml (close enough for me).
25G per 5 is 50ml etc.

What i just realized is how overpriced AN is. I mean i knew but...wow that much AN sensi perfect is 100 bucks.
454 grams of MC is 8 bucks (at the 2.5JKG CDN price)

Last edited:

macsnax

Grow God
I feel rather lost mac. 🤣🤣🤣Ohhh got it now the cup was sitting out for a while. I wish my tap was 6.4. Tap is at 7.2-4. After adding a full scoop of MC to the 5 gallon yesterday it dropped to 6.5 then I added pH Down to it until I hit 5.7. haven't used it in flower yet...never used pH up growing yet lol. Have dumped 5 gallons of nutes from over dosing however 😅😂😅 media for the 5 gallon from yesterday is hydro. Today's mix is for the seedlings, the 2g per gallon feed I was just complaining about. Lol I need to buy a bluelab.
Alrighty then I gotcha