Mac's lovely ladies and some dudes too

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
That looks like a good size right there. I'm gonna have to go check out molds tonight. Lil off course, have you ever had your gummies get moldy? I've been paranoid about it since I started making them, but I've never had them mold up....... And the first time I used citric acid to make sure they didn't get mold. I put it on before the gummies quit sweating. It absorbed into the gummy and was stupid sticky. So after I let them sit out for a few days, I put more citric acid on so I could package them and put them away. Terrible idea!!! THE MOST sour thing I think I've ever ate, and I had about 80 of them, lol. Couldn't wait to run out of those and make more, I started swallowing them like pills so I didn't have to taste as much.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
That looks like a good size right there. I'm gonna have to go check out molds tonight. Lil off course, have you ever had your gummies get moldy? I've been paranoid about it since I started making them, but I've never had them mold up....... And the first time I used citric acid to make sure they didn't get mold. I put it on before the gummies quit sweating. It absorbed into the gummy and was stupid sticky. So after I let them sit out for a few days, I put more citric acid on so I could package them and put them away. Terrible idea!!! THE MOST sour thing I think I've ever ate, and I had about 80 of them, lol. Couldn't wait to run out of those and make more, I started swallowing them like pills so I didn't have to taste as much.
Havent had any gummies mold on me.The recipe I use calls for an anti mold ingredient and another I cant recall atm.Ibdont use either.My gummies dont hang around very long lol.
I use the citric acid after the gummies are done.Half regular half sweet n sour.
Lol Im sure those extra citric acid gummies were sour as fuck but hit the spot!
Also,I now use concentrate for my gummies.Rosin,bho & qwet.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I don't make anything out of bud anymore, I always turn into a concentrate first, so much easier. I'm usually the only one eating my gummies, so they last a while even though I eat them every night. I'm sure you seen that I lost my favorite recipe, please feel free to drop yours in here if you want to. I'm interested in the anti mold ingredient you mentioned.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I'm sure you seen that I lost my favorite recipe, please feel free to drop yours in here if you want to. I'm interested in the anti mold ingredient you mentioned.
Gotcha brother. Yea, I use frosty trim to make my cannabutter.Everything else edible-wise is made using concentrate.

Here is the recipe I follow.Found it on reddit a while ago.This is from reddit.They have quite a few nice gummy recipes.Don't have the link but copied and pasted from my noted pad.

"GUMMY Ingredients:
Amnt. Ingr.
6 oz (170 grams) Flavored jello
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
5 Tbsp High quality grass fed gelatin (ex. Zint)
1 cup Cold fruit juice
1 tsp Soy lecithin
5 Tbsp Infused coconut oil
1 Tbsp Vegetable glycerin
2 drops Lor
anns Preserve-it antioxidants
2 drops Loranns Mold Inhibitor
10-20 drops (depending on strength) Loranns Flavoring Supplies:
Molds (I recommend silicone ones)
Cookie sheet A small to medium sized pot
Gallon zip lock bag
Whisk
Thermometer
Liquid measuring cup
Directions: Lay your molds onto a cookie sheet so they are easier to move into the freezer later. Also set up your gallon zip lock now because that's what you'll be using to pour your gummy mixture into your molds.

I usually just put the zip lock in a large cup and flap the edges over the sides so I can pour the mixture directly from the pot to the zip lock with out the help of another person.
In a liquid measuring cup, add 1 cup of cold fruit juice. Add 1 tsp of Soy Lecithin and mix well with a fork. Let sit in fridge for 5 minutes then mix well again, until the soy is mostly dissolved.
In your pot, mix together JUST your dry ingredients. jello, sugar, and gelatin. Pour your fruit juice into your dry ingredients and mix with a whisk (this is off the stove, no heat yet)
Cover the pot and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes so your mixture can bloom.
This is a very important step so don't skip it! After 20 minutes, move your pot to the stove and start to raise the temperature using a low-medium heat. Don't stir.
At 140 degrees Fahrenheit, give it a stir with your whisk, and pay more attention now to the temp because we are getting close. At 160 degrees Fahrenheit is when the rest of your ingredients get mixed in, so make sure you already have them measured out so you can easily just pour then in.
Add the infused coconut oil, vegetable glycerin, flavoring, and drops. Mix
well. 160 degrees is the goal temperature, but it's okay if it gets a little higher in the time it takes to add and mix your ingredients. Just don't let it exceed 180! Pour your hot mixture into your zip lock bag and zip shut. Cut a SMALL piece from the corner of the bag so it doesn't come pouring out too fast. Fill your molds and then place your molds in the freezer for 1 hour."

I've made a few tweaks and omissions to it,but this is what I based mine on.
I don't use the anti-oxidant nor the mold inhibitor.Although,I was going to get them.
I've found the temps do matter(as with all candy making)As well as blooming the mixture(gelatin) is important.I'm not sure but it seems to help alleviate "cloudy gummies".
I also don't use the flavorings.The fruit juices and jello I use are flavor enough.
Did a batch with just water and the jello+gelatin.This was before I found this recipe.They were indeed potent,but lacked the sweet kick to curb the concentrate taste.They were also stiffer and not as gummy.Fruit juices ended that.
No coconut oil either.Straight concentrate.1-2 grams. Perhaps it's the non-use of coconut oil that did away with the cloudy gummies.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
View attachment 7256
Here’s your girl mac. I’m really loving this plant.
That's her man! No mistaking it, and she looks good. I bet she'll look better than mine if you keep treating her good. How you like the nose on her?

I see her petiols are purple, you shouldn't have a problem getting her to purp up at the end if you drop night temps about 8-10f last three ish weeks.

Last edited:

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Gotcha brother. Yea, I use frosty trim to make my cannabutter.Everything else edible-wise is made using concentrate.

Here is the recipe I follow.Found it on reddit a while ago.This is from reddit.They have quite a few nice gummy recipes.Don't have the link but copied and pasted from my noted pad.

"GUMMY Ingredients:
Amnt. Ingr.
6 oz (170 grams) Flavored jello
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
5 Tbsp High quality grass fed gelatin (ex. Zint)
1 cup Cold fruit juice
1 tsp Soy lecithin
5 Tbsp Infused coconut oil
1 Tbsp Vegetable glycerin
2 drops Lor
anns Preserve-it antioxidants
2 drops Loranns Mold Inhibitor
10-20 drops (depending on strength) Loranns Flavoring Supplies:
Molds (I recommend silicone ones)
Cookie sheet A small to medium sized pot
Gallon zip lock bag
Whisk
Thermometer
Liquid measuring cup
Directions: Lay your molds onto a cookie sheet so they are easier to move into the freezer later. Also set up your gallon zip lock now because that's what you'll be using to pour your gummy mixture into your molds.

I usually just put the zip lock in a large cup and flap the edges over the sides so I can pour the mixture directly from the pot to the zip lock with out the help of another person.
In a liquid measuring cup, add 1 cup of cold fruit juice. Add 1 tsp of Soy Lecithin and mix well with a fork. Let sit in fridge for 5 minutes then mix well again, until the soy is mostly dissolved.
In your pot, mix together JUST your dry ingredients. jello, sugar, and gelatin. Pour your fruit juice into your dry ingredients and mix with a whisk (this is off the stove, no heat yet)
Cover the pot and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes so your mixture can bloom.
This is a very important step so don't skip it! After 20 minutes, move your pot to the stove and start to raise the temperature using a low-medium heat. Don't stir.
At 140 degrees Fahrenheit, give it a stir with your whisk, and pay more attention now to the temp because we are getting close. At 160 degrees Fahrenheit is when the rest of your ingredients get mixed in, so make sure you already have them measured out so you can easily just pour then in.
Add the infused coconut oil, vegetable glycerin, flavoring, and drops. Mix
well. 160 degrees is the goal temperature, but it's okay if it gets a little higher in the time it takes to add and mix your ingredients. Just don't let it exceed 180! Pour your hot mixture into your zip lock bag and zip shut. Cut a SMALL piece from the corner of the bag so it doesn't come pouring out too fast. Fill your molds and then place your molds in the freezer for 1 hour."

I've made a few tweaks and omissions to it,but this is what I based mine on.
I don't use the anti-oxidant nor the mold inhibitor.Although,I was going to get them.
I've found the temps do matter(as with all candy making)As well as blooming the mixture(gelatin) is important.I'm not sure but it seems to help alleviate "cloudy gummies".
I also don't use the flavorings.The fruit juices and jello I use are flavor enough.
Did a batch with just water and the jello+gelatin.This was before I found this recipe.They were indeed potent,but lacked the sweet kick to curb the concentrate taste.They were also stiffer and not as gummy.Fruit juices ended that.
No coconut oil either.Straight concentrate.1-2 grams. Perhaps it's the non-use of coconut oil that did away with the cloudy gummies.
This looks to be a better recipe than the one I lost. I'm going to use this next time, thanks for putting it up man. I don't know if it's just me worrying about mold, or if it's a fear from what I've read, or if it's really a thing. But damn it would suck to have like 50 of them turn moldy. Thanks bud.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
img_20181011_101034974.jpgimg_20181009_171709434_hdr.jpgimg_20181007_185459287.jpgimg_20181007_185447603.jpgimg_20181007_165406475.jpgimg_20181006_083744635.jpgimg_20181007_164556600.jpg

Here's the throwback tursday pics of cnc prego with f2's. I'm really wishing I was growing in the greenhouse this year, my 80% cover produces buds that are comparable to indoors. Too much going on this year, but I'm already making plans for next year. I think i just needed to put some gorgeous pics up after scorching this go around, lol.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
View attachment 7284View attachment 7286View attachment 7287View attachment 7288View attachment 7289View attachment 7290View attachment 7291

Here's the throwback tursday pics of cnc prego with f2's. I'm really wishing I was growing in the greenhouse this year, my 80% cover produces buds that are comparable to indoors. Too much going on this year, but I'm already making plans for next year. I think i just needed to put some gorgeous pics up after scorching this go around, lol.
Fuck Mac absolutely GORGEOUS!