Mac's lovely ladies and some dudes too

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I believe moldy edibles are generally caused by having plant matter remaining in the THC carrier.

In my experience using the magical butter machine or making an infusion in the ardent you would need to use a few coffee filters to remove the plant matter.

Butter goes moldy real fast at room temp.
Coconut oil will mold but has a longer shelf life.
If you clarifry the butter it keeps better.

Rosin would probably have the same chance if you had plant matter in the rosin.

I lost 2 pounds of really good butter to mold on butter in the fridge. I make smaller batches now or just use coconut oil because it tastes the best.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Ya man I really didn't bring any of these plants on this lil run to potential. I should have figured out what was going on quicker. Oh well next run will be better, lol.
They still looked really good, I like that youre aware you didn't hit their true potential and honest about then be optimistic that there is always next run. What would you do different? Just curious lol. This run for me should be interesting since I'm combating humidity for the first time(First time indoor growing during the summer)

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
They still looked really good, I like that youre aware you didn't hit their true potential and honest about then be optimistic that there is always next run. What would you do different? Just curious lol. This run for me should be interesting since I'm combating humidity for the first time(First time indoor growing during the summer)
What really but me in the ass was running these cobs for the first time this run, I seriously underestimated the power of these. I was running them about 12" above canopy @80%. It never would have been like that, but there's just no room for anything in a 2 x 4. Most of my equipment is packed up because we're supposed to be moving, while other ordeal. But ya I threw this together when I found out I had enough time to run some plants.

What are your humidity issues? In a tent? If you're not running a dehu, I would suggest at least a 440cfm extraction fan on a humidity controller, with day/night settings. Set it to where your night humidity setting kicks in 30 minutes to an hour before lights out. This will help with the humidity spike that happens at lights out.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I believe moldy edibles are generally caused by having plant matter remaining in the THC carrier.

In my experience using the magical butter machine or making an infusion in the ardent you would need to use a few coffee filters to remove the plant matter.

Butter goes moldy real fast at room temp.
Coconut oil will mold but has a longer shelf life.
If you clarifry the butter it keeps better.

Rosin would probably have the same chance if you had plant matter in the rosin.

I lost 2 pounds of really good butter to mold on butter in the fridge. I make smaller batches now or just use coconut oil because it tastes the best.
2 pounds, I bet that stung a lil bit man. Ouch

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
What really but me in the ass was running these cobs for the first time this run, I seriously underestimated the power of these. I was running them about 12" above canopy @80%. It never would have been like that, but there's just no room for anything in a 2 x 4. Most of my equipment is packed up because we're supposed to be moving, while other ordeal. But ya I threw this together when I found out I had enough time to run some plants.

What are your humidity issues? In a tent? If you're not running a dehu, I would suggest at least a 440cfm extraction fan on a humidity controller, with day/night settings. Set it to where your night humidity setting kicks in 30 minutes to an hour before lights out. This will help with the humidity spike that happens at lights out.
In my basement in a tent. Never planned to run during the summer because of this reason. With the research I did I was happy with my winter months. Never thought I'd wish for fall and winter. Now it's raining. Lol. I'm getting a dehu this weekend and switching my fans around my intake fan is stronger then my ac infinity with a carbon filter attached.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
View attachment 7284View attachment 7286View attachment 7287View attachment 7288View attachment 7289View attachment 7290View attachment 7291

Here's the throwback tursday pics of cnc prego with f2's. I'm really wishing I was growing in the greenhouse this year, my 80% cover produces buds that are comparable to indoors. Too much going on this year, but I'm already making plans for next year. I think i just needed to put some gorgeous pics up after scorching this go around, lol.
What’s 80% cover? Shade cloth?

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
In my basement in a tent. Never planned to run during the summer because of this reason. With the research I did I was happy with my winter months. Never thought I'd wish for fall and winter. Now it's raining. Lol. I'm getting a dehu this weekend and switching my fans around my intake fan is stronger then my ac infinity with a carbon filter attached.
There you go, that dehu will help you out. So will switching your fans so the more powerful one is extracting. I would either let it run the entire duration of lights out, or put it on a controller. If you're going to have problems from high humidity, it's probably going to come from night conditions. Too much of it burns off when the machine is cranking ya know?

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
What’s 80% cover? Shade cloth?
In the pics with the prego lady you can see the green colored cover. That's my 80% cover. It only let's 80% of the sunlight through. Buds don't bake so bad, they come out frostier and denser than if you grew a clone of the same plant right outside the gh. Think in between, middle of the road of some dense indoor and how outdoor comes out.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Hmmm I just purchase an old car tarp garage. Just the tubing and greenhouse plastic to cover. Did you shade just for flower or veg too?
No I used that cover for the whole season, no shade cloth either. I was wishing I had one for about month of the worst of the heat last year though. A couple tomatoes didn't like it, but none of the mj were affected. Actually you wouldn't believe how good mj does in there. I close it at night because we dip into the 40's at night even in the summer. A normal grow season outdoors here is a little over 3 months, and in the greenhouse I can get 6-7 months depending on how quick winter comes on a given year.

Opie1

Master Grower
That's her man! No mistaking it, and she looks good. I bet she'll look better than mine if you keep treating her good. How you like the nose on her?

I see her petiols are purple, you shouldn't have a problem getting her to purp up at the end if you drop night temps about 8-10f last three ish weeks.
She’s in the back of the tent, I barely can get too her at feeding time, lol. And if I could, I’m not sure if I could give ya an honest report on the smell, this time of year isn’t good for me, my sinuses are fkd.
I’m gonna be keeping her around for a good while, I’m sure.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
The bitch is back! Still looking a lil fugly with curled fans, but that isn't going away until the it's over. However she's starting stack frost on her fans again, and her buds are getting a new layer of frost everyday. That makes me pretty happy to see after what it was looking like. I'm thinking another week or so still, she might have been on pause longer than I thought. Her thing in flower is to pump out a bunch of frost and cream smells, and then it's pretty slow until she starts to fade. I totally see how I could of missed what was happening because of that. Anyway here she is getting close....... And i decided wifi 43 is going to be a sacrificial blast plant, lol. I haven't blasted bho in years, and I don't want to leave my rusty skills in control of half of cnc. Gonna warm up with wifi.