Mac's lovely ladies and some dudes too

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Man she didn't make it, I was bummed. Actually that whole batch of clones I had in the cloner didn't do that great, but she was the only one not to make it. I remember you saying she was tough to clone. I had borrowed the heat mat for that cloner to make sugar wax, should have put it back under with a hard to root cut. It was my fault I'm sure.
It's all good buddy. I'll have her around for a while I'm guessing so I can get you another in the future. Cheers man, plus hopefully these crosses will have some of that terp magic!

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
It's all good buddy. I'll have her around for a while I'm guessing so I can get you another in the future. Cheers man, plus hopefully these crosses will have some of that terp magic!
Hell ya man, let me get through all these seeds that I popped. Once I can make sense of what stays and what goes, I'll hit you up. I'll have a lil somethin somethin for you soon as well.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
So I've been trying to automate as much as possible before leaving. I thought I would share just how easy and affordable it is to have control of your grow. After I did a little research I came up with this. Simple, no hassle use, and not expensive. You can add sensors as needed. I have the app for each of these and can set light schedules, turn equipment on or off, etc. Why I didn't do this a long time ago, it's pretty sweet to have this kind of control anywhere I'm at.

iClever [15A Smart Plug] 2 Pack IC-BS08 Wi-Fi Mini Smart Switch, Wifi Timer Outlet, Remote Control Outlet for Smart Home Life, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT, Only Support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZB6D45/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LiqrDbEYWDWVG

Govee Hygrometer Thermometer, Digital Indoor Outdoor Temperature Humidity Monitor with APP, WiFi Humidity Temp Sensor with Alerts. Temperature Humidity Gauge for Home, Basement and Garage(1 to 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QV1CQFG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_OjqrDbZ4AJG1M

Govee Water Leak Detector, Wireless Water Sensor and Alarm 5 Pack, 100 DB Water Leak Alert for Home Security, Basement, Floor(Low Battery Alert, Press to Mute, Battery Included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QSFRSJX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dkqrDbZH2PFAY

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I dropped those links just to show you guys that a little more convenience in your grow can be had if it's of anyone's interest. I did some homework and was kinda shocked that this stuff isn't overpriced. If it a had a canna brand sticker on it would be, lol.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
I've read about people using a different feed tube, and I've read about people having issues using a different feed tube. Blumats feed tube is 8mm, it's a bit bigger than a standard drip tube. I would do some goggle searching to make sure you can make that work. Might save some headaches. Their kit didn't come with much feed tube either, I had about 2 feet left over after setting up that 2 x4. FYI you may need more if you end up using the blumat feed tube.
Thanks for that comment, made me rethink taking the easy way out which is my normal MO & has bitten me in the butt more than once. :p

I had watched one of their videos that showed adapting an existing drip line for Blumats. It looked doable & being lazy I thought it seemed like a good way to go. Upon closer reflection it makes more sense to do it right from the get go. I will definitely need a lot of feed tube, I am thinking of 20 stations which may be totally ridiculous, dunno. Would have been easy just to plug into existing drip lines.

I may be back in a couple months when I actually get around to it. Thanks for sharing.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks for that comment, made me rethink taking the easy way out which is my normal MO & has bitten me in the butt more than once. :p

I had watched one of their videos that showed adapting an existing drip line for Blumats. It looked doable & being lazy I thought it seemed like a good way to go. Upon closer reflection it makes more sense to do it right from the get go. I will definitely need a lot of feed tube, I am thinking of 20 stations which may be totally ridiculous, dunno. Would have been easy just to plug into existing drip lines.

I may be back in a couple months when I actually get around to it. Thanks for sharing.
Just trying to pass good info buddy, anything that helps. By the time you get around to your setup, I'll have these things pretty figured out. Feel free to hit me up.

Last edited:

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Did you pop some old beans? Or have you held the cut forever? That's a rarity these days, just ask @thenotsoesoteric.
Id love to send you it but as a result of a growmie unsterile environment of whatever contributing factors has lead me to contract spider mites. I have one clone left and she is mutated as fuck. Single fan leafs and warped lower branch growth. Took five clones of her and gonna attempt to decontaminate them and root them. Hopefully that works out or I'm shit out of luck. Oh btw they were old beans my growmie had. He's got two left in his stash. Hate to have to break them out before mastering reversing.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Id love to send you it but as a result of a growmie unsterile environment of whatever contributing factors has lead me to contract spider mites. I have one clone left and she is mutated as fuck. Single fan leafs and warped lower branch growth. Took five clones of her and gonna attempt to decontaminate them and root them. Hopefully that works out or I'm shit out of luck. Oh btw they were old beans my growmie had. He's got two left in his stash. Hate to have to break them out before mastering reversing.
No worries man, good luck on the damage control. I always tell people to rotate a few different sprays when combating spider mites. Rotating and hitting the plants every three days to break the reproductive cycle was the only thing that got rid of them for me.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
So far my fishing trip has been over the top. 70,000+ reds have been coming up the kenai river everyday since I've been here. It's pretty much like you could fall in the water and come out with a fish, lol. It's been fun, exhausting and just really amazing. I'll post more when I get back. Some filets and a bigger one I caught today. 20190807_101427.jpg20190809_175916.jpg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
@ChronicWonders ..... Honestly the directions kinda suck, IMO. But I have a lot of experience with drip systems. So where I was confused, I just used past experience with my drip systems. The only difference is its gravity fed instead of a pump or hose attachment, and the carrot sensor. You need to soak and prime the sensors in "cooled" water before use. Would have been nice to know before hand, it would have saved me some time. If you run into issues setting it up, feel free to hit me up.
Damn Mac the Blumat's are very cool and would love to set that up in my flower room. For one i could go back to the one gal radicle bags which i liked a lot just not all the watering. Mac do you keep the flow valves open 24/7 or shut them off at dark? . What about runoff is that necessary? I use mega crop so i am not sure i would need the runoff are not.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Damn Mac the Blumat's are very cool and would love to set that up in my flower room. For one i could go back to the one gal radicle bags which i liked a lot just not all the watering. Mac do you keep the flow valves open 24/7 or shut them off at dark? . What about runoff is that necessary? I use mega crop so i am not sure i would need the runoff are not.
They've been running unattended longer than I was there to see them work. Really impressed with them. I don't turn the valves off at night, whenever the sensor decides it's time to feed. In the 1 gals I don't feed to runoff unless I start seeing salt build up either. That's really the most time consuming aspect to these is dialing in the valves for each plant. I have someone going by everyday and checking the reservoirs and mixing up nutes to top off when needed. I think I'm going to be using them for a while. I flipped to flower and left so some of it's stretch, but these two pics are the night before I left and 4 days later, I'm worrying by now that I'm flirting with a mold issue, lol. I'll have a new pic coming to me tonight. The blumats seem to be treating the plants well.

BTW I did have two overflow issues where it fed too much. I would suggest turning the valve down and start adjusting them more open as you go. I started with them fairly open and was dialing them back. 20190801_082110.jpgIMG_2031.jpg

Last edited:

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
They've been running unattended longer than I was there to see them work. Really impressed with them. I don't turn the valves off at night, whenever the sensor decides it's time to feed. In the 1 gals I don't feed to runoff unless I start seeing salt build up either. That's really the most time consuming aspect to these is dialing in the valves for each plant. I have someone going by everyday and checking the reservoirs and mixing up nutes to top off when needed. I think I'm going to be using them for a while. I flipped to flower and left so some of it's stretch, but these two pics are the night before I left and 4 days later, I'm worrying by now that I'm flirting with a mold issue, lol. I'll have a new pic coming to me tonight. The blumats seem to be treating the plants well.

BTW I did have two overflow issues where it fed too much. I would suggest turning the valve down and start adjusting them more open as you go. I started with them fairly open and was dialing them back. View attachment 17601View attachment 17602
Man them things are cool as shit. I was looking on e-bay and they have the 12 pot with the 5 gal reservoir for 120 bucks. I can even up my plant count some not having to get in the inaccessible areas from 8 to 12 plants. That system takes care of a lot of work as it is now i have to vacuum wast water every day. Mac on the mega-crop and BE is that salt based were we could actually get a buildup if not having any runoff. I remember the MC rep saying that flushing while growing was not necessary. I still do a short flush at the end.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Man them things are cool as shit. I was looking on e-bay and they have the 12 pot with the 5 gal reservoir for 120 bucks. I can even up my plant count some not having to get in the inaccessible areas from 8 to 12 plants. That system takes care of a lot of work as it is now i have to vacuum wast water every day. Mac on the mega-crop and BE is that salt based were we could actually get a buildup if not having any runoff. I remember the MC rep saying that flushing while growing was not necessary. I still do a short flush at the end.
IMO flushing isn't necessary but I do taper to get a natural fade. With MC I do see some build up towards the end of flower, but that's with BE and SC. And if you can find yourself a couple 8mm barbed end bulkheads you can build your own res out of whatever you want and save 40 bones. They stick you another 40 for the bucket and bulkheads with the kit.