Mac's lovely ladies and some dudes too

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Ate 2 fresh ones last night. Didn’t feel any different...just my normal old self. I’m gonna leave this one up to the other members to find out for themselves. Maybe if I had lower tolerance...I don’t know.
I did find some at the grocery store(mangoes). I only ate 4 or 5 pieces then tried vaping some. Did not notice anything unusual but my guess is i will probably have to eat more mango next time. Does any one know how much mango you are supposed to eat?
I kinda feel the same, I didn't notice too much difference. If I have time today I'll look into it more.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
DDB's transplanted into 1 gal pots, blumats installed and ready for flower. I want to make sure the blumats are working properly before I lock myself out of here for 12 hours a day. Probably flip to flower in a couple days. I left myself a good 30" of head space to raise the light, I don't want to overcrowd this tent like last go around. 20190801_082110.jpg

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Drop it in a bowl or a few drops on a ground pile for a j. It made mediocre stuff better, especially the one they called "focus" which was more pinene linolol. Not just taste but high as well. I was skeptical but it did work. Let it dry out on the buds a bit and smoke. It's been a couple years though.
Interesting, I knew a dude years ago that claimed to turn a blueberry plant into a lemon strain, I suspect he did something like this.

DDB's transplanted into 1 gal pots, blumats installed and ready for flower. I want to make sure the blumats are working properly before I lock myself out of here for 12 hours a day. Probably flip to flower in a couple days. I left myself a good 30" of head space to raise the light, I don't want to overcrowd this tent like last go around. View attachment 16251
I’m scared to set mine up. They’ve been in the box for a while now. When I get the tent up and going again I’ll take the time to give it a go. Did you have any issues/problems? I’ve pretty much read all the do’s/don’t.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
@ChronicWonders ..... Honestly the directions kinda suck, IMO. But I have a lot of experience with drip systems. So where I was confused, I just used past experience with my drip systems. The only difference is its gravity fed instead of a pump or hose attachment, and the carrot sensor. You need to soak and prime the sensors in "cooled" water before use. Would have been nice to know before hand, it would have saved me some time. If you run into issues setting it up, feel free to hit me up.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
I am planning on Blumats for my outdoor garden & am just starting to think my way through, I need to wait until after harvest. I already have drippers that I hope to convert, I only know the very basics so far & just started following @blumatwateringsystems on IG.

How did you do the gravity part, do you have a holding tank of some type?

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I am planning on Blumats for my outdoor garden & am just starting to think my way through, I need to wait until after harvest. I already have drippers that I hope to convert, I only know the very basics so far & just started following @blumatwateringsystems on IG.

How did you do the gravity part, do you have a holding tank of some type?
The sensors on these have a dial that pinches the drip tube to dial them into the plant they're feeding. Adding drippers might screw with the system, maybe, maybe not? Idk. There is a lot of control with that dial though. And you can adjust to individual plant needs, really nice IMO. Once the medium is saturated to your liking you dial it just to where it stops dripping. This should get you really close to where you want the sensors reacting. I opened them up a bit last night and left for 5 min, the system ran 3 gal through in a hurry, lol. As far as a res, I would recommend not buying the kit with the bucket res. It's $40 more for a 5 gal bucket with 2 cheap bulkheads, lol. You can use whatever you want for a res, and add your own bulkheads. One for the feed tube and a clear tube that goes up the side of the res to indicate water level. The gravity feed is a simple as elevating the res on a stand of some sort, whatever can hold the weight. I think it's 1 foot above pot level for every 10 feet of feed tube. I put a 270gph pump in the bottom of my 5 gal res to keep my nutes mixed up too.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
The sensors on these have a dial that pinches the drip tube to dial them into the plant they're feeding. Adding drippers might screw with the system, maybe, maybe not? Idk. There is a lot of control with that dial though. And you can adjust to individual plant needs, really nice IMO. Once the medium is saturated to your liking you dial it just to where it stops dripping. This should get you really close to where you want the sensors reacting. I opened them up a bit last night and left for 5 min, the system ran 3 gal through in a hurry, lol. As far as a res, I would recommend not buying the kit with the bucket res. It's $40 more for a 5 gal bucket with 2 cheap bulkheads, lol. You can use whatever you want for a res, and add your own bulkheads. One for the feed tube and a clear tube that goes up the side of the res to indicate water level. The gravity feed is a simple as elevating the res on a stand of some sort, whatever can hold the weight. I think it's 1 foot above pot level for every 10 feet of feed tube. I put a 270gph pump in the bottom of my 5 gal res to keep my nutes mixed up too.
Thanks for the input, I had been thinking of a 50 gal barrel for a res for my outdoors, it can suck down the water sometimes. Adding the pump to mix the nutes sounds like a great idea.

I was not very clear on my dripper verbage but I meant to use only the existing drip lines not the emitters. I am hoping to just snip the current drip line & replace the water source with the barrel. I really don't know much yet but have a few months before I get to it. Sure seems like a great way to go.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
If you still got that grape sato cut I'd be willing to bet it will remind you of that old school blueberry from 2000s. Im letting the mom clone get big and gonna stay in soil. Im jonesing to taste the soil grown. Straight up welch's grape jelly.
Man she didn't make it, I was bummed. Actually that whole batch of clones I had in the cloner didn't do that great, but she was the only one not to make it. I remember you saying she was tough to clone. I had borrowed the heat mat for that cloner to make sugar wax, should have put it back under with a hard to root cut. It was my fault I'm sure.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks for the input, I had been thinking of a 50 gal barrel for a res for my outdoors, it can suck down the water sometimes. Adding the pump to mix the nutes sounds like a great idea.

I was not very clear on my dripper verbage but I meant to use only the existing drip lines not the emitters. I am hoping to just snip the current drip line & replace the water source with the barrel. I really don't know much yet but have a few months before I get to it. Sure seems like a great way to go.
I've read about people using a different feed tube, and I've read about people having issues using a different feed tube. Blumats feed tube is 8mm, it's a bit bigger than a standard drip tube. I would do some goggle searching to make sure you can make that work. Might save some headaches. Their kit didn't come with much feed tube either, I had about 2 feet left over after setting up that 2 x4. FYI you may need more if you end up using the blumat feed tube.