Latest seed purchase - Show and Tell

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I received the same strain from Goat and Monkey as a freebie from another seedbank (Hembra). I searched for the mom/dad and got his strain "Reverb", and couldn't even find anything called Wood Horse. Who knows. They are listed as elite feminized seeds, I am actually planning on popping a few next run.
Wood horse did the original herijuana cross that was any good cause it’s the original. Goat and monkey chemtk are great ones I just chopped, all rubber tire, chem mouth coaster. Omeurta heri is hermie prone,Texas kid has some from wood horse, so did mota . When you find the gem, you’ll know, it’s as strong as most potent strains are these days, just not big terps and finicky to grow.

StonedAgeGrower

The shiznet - and an unknown freebie. Chime in if you can provide info other than "RudeBoi is an OG"
View attachment 97500
RudeBoi is from Archive. Irene OG x Face Off Bx. A friend ran those a few yrs back and I was very impressed. I don't know of any particular RudeBoi cuts that circulate, so this is prob a keeper from a seed pop Best Coast ran?

Irene x Face Off should make some nice OG phenos without so much viney stretch. Irene has a tendency to grow single buds on the end of the leaf petioles as well, a very weird mutation, and her progeny does too👍.

StonedAgeGrower

Nice picks!
Piff coast farms qas at the show Sunday. They had a piff cut for 1500 bananas!!!!!$$$$ @High kev
F2 that mofo!!!
He defintely has some killer cuts. Was it his Piff S1 cut im assuming? That's a hell of a price tag either way, but thats the only way you're gonna find that cut.

I was supposed to make it to the NYC genetraders but ended up not being able to make it. He had more than a few cuts I was interested in grabbing.

I have his PCSD F2 (JayPlantspeaker Sour x Karma Sour Bx2) as well as the Upstate Sour. Last few months I've picked up Sour crosses from Archive, SwampBoys, CSI, StrayFox, TopDawg and PiffCoast. My next few runs are gonna be all Sour crosses👍⛽

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
He defintely has some killer cuts. Was it his Piff S1 cut im assuming? That's a hell of a price tag either way, but thats the only way you're gonna find that cut.

I was supposed to make it to the NYC genetraders but ended up not being able to make it. He had more than a few cuts I was interested in grabbing.

I have his PCSD F2 (JayPlantspeaker Sour x Karma Sour Bx2) as well as the Upstate Sour. Last few months I've picked up Sour crosses from Archive, SwampBoys, CSI, StrayFox, TopDawg and PiffCoast. My next few runs are gonna be all Sour crosses👍⛽
I was listening to a well known breeder on a podcast that said anyone that says they have sour diesel seeds is lying.

For what it's worth.

StonedAgeGrower

I was listening to a well known breeder on a podcast that said anyone that says they have sour diesel seeds is lying.

For what it's worth.
I've listened to that before and I respect Mojave, but many people involved w popping the Sour seeds from the upstate NY crew (Weasel, Bro, Manny, Vondo etc) have all said the Sour is still alive and kicking. Now what breeders (if any) actually hold the real deal is up for debate. I know the Sour we got in NYC/North NJ in 00-04 was the original, and I haven't found anything like it floating around since. Some that come close but not totally the same.

Part of the reason Im diving so deep into the Sour seeds is my drive to find something even close to that Sour I used to get more than 15yrs ago, and with the number of Sour cuts these days (Chaco, AJs, Original Diesel, Upstate, Plantspeaker, Archive's etc) all seemingly a bit different it's hard to pinpoint which is which.

Id check out the episode of the Adam Dunn show that has the "Bro" and AJ both discussing the origins of saving/popping the bagseeds of Chem91 the crew got from Weasel aka KloppGlass that eventually became the Sour. Definitely interesting stuff if your into the Sour👍

Last edited:

StonedAgeGrower

Found the episode I was referring to if anyone is interested in the story of the Sour straight from the horse's mouth.

It's a long listen, but worth it if your a Sour freak! Long story short tho: "Weasel" meets Chemdog at a Phish show and trades for the 91. Weasel is growing the 91 in NYC but doesn't like the Chem name (organic was all the rage and the name turned people off apparently) so begins calling the orig Chem91 cut "Diesel" instead.

The Albany crew (Manny, Bro, Vondo etc) start buying up all the "Diesel" they can from Weasel and over several batches find and save seeds in a film canister labeled "Our Diesel". At some point (95/96?) they started to grow their seeds upstate, and someone said we can't call this "OUR Diesel" so someone slapped an S in front and that's where it got the sOUR Diesel name.

After that, shit gets super hard to keep track of who got what, if it's the real cut, etc. The Bro and many others say AJs cut is not the same as their keeper from the original seeds, and theirs was the only one they kept or gave cuts out. But trying to figure out which of the cuts circulating today (if any of them) are that original cut isnt easy.

Even more difficult is trying to decipher what pollen may have made the seeds in Weasel's room. The candidates seem to have been narrowed down to DNL or MSSxNL but there is still plenty of debate/speculation 👍

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've listened to that before and I respect Mojave, but many people involved w popping the Sour seeds from the upstate NY crew (Weasel, Bro, Manny, Vondo etc) have all said the Sour is still alive and kicking. Now what breeders (if any) actually hold the real deal is up for debate. I know the Sour we got in NYC/North NJ in 00-04 was the original, and I haven't found anything like it floating around since. Some that come close but not totally the same.

Part of the reason Im diving so deep into the Sour seeds is my drive to find something even close to that Sour I used to get more than 15yrs ago, and with the number of Sour cuts these days (Chaco, AJs, Upstate, Plantspeaker, Archive's etc) all seemingly a bit different it's hard to pinpoint which is which.

Id check out the episode of the Adam Dunn show that has the "Bro" and AJ both discussing the origins of saving/popping the bagseeds of Chem91 they got from Weasel aka KloppGlass that eventually became the Sour. Definitely interesting stuff if your into the Sour👍
I guess my point was hunt on... I get the impression that unless you get a cut, it's a low percentage pheno hunt to find the sour within the sour seeds.

Kind of like the skunk. All skunk should be 'roadkill' skunk or it just aint skunk. Someone bred superskunk seeds and sold them to me because I thought it would be skunk. Didn't get me anything but perfume and floral... but they were skunk seeds from skunk parents.

I think that was the exact same deal. An awesome recessive gene that is still out there but it's a gene waiting to pop up, not a strain waiting to be re-bred or found. The stuff Duke Diamond is doing to try and get back there is (from what I hear) producing a higher percentage of that pheno coming out but it's still recessive and doesn't breed true.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Found the episode I was referring to if anyone is interested in the story of the Sour straight from the horse's mouth.

It's a long listen, but worth it if your a Sour freak! Long story short tho: "Weasel" meets Chemdog at a Phish show and trades for the 91. Weasel is growing the 91 in NYC but doesn't like the Chem name (organic was all the rage and the name turned people off apparently) so begins calling the orig Chem91 cut "Diesel" instead.

The Albany crew (Manny, Bro, Vondo etc) start buying up all the "Diesel" they can from Weasel and over several batches find and save seeds in a film canister labeled "Our Diesel". At some point (95/96?) they started to grow their seeds upstate, and someone said we can't call this "OUR Diesel" so someone slapped an S in front and that's where it got the sOUR Diesel name.

After that, shit gets super hard to keep track of who got what, if it's the real cut, etc. The Bro and many others say AJs cut is not the same as their keeper from the original seeds, and theirs was the only one they kept or gave cuts out. But trying to figure out which of the cuts circulating today (if any of them) are that original cut isnt easy.

Even more difficult is trying to decipher what pollen may have made the seeds in Weasel's room. The candidates seem to have been narrowed down to DNL or MSSxNL but there is still plenty of debate/speculation 👍
Already listened to that one 🤪. Before the rest die off they need to collaborate and make a movie and get the details and timelines straight for the rest of us ;)

I have Chemdog and ChemD S1's going from Nspecta at CSI. I am not keeping clones any more basically because I have too many beans to try, limited space, and they fuck up the rotation. If they keep dropping beans selfed from the original clones that's good with me. I know I am not getting the exact thing with every bean, but within a 7-pack of fems I should get most similar with one that is worse and one that is better than the mom. And those original cuts have very short family trees compared to if I got a pack of Zkittles S1's.

And the dog-bud that the Chemdog seeds came from was from Oregon according to Pbud. Would be interesting to find out who grew the original bagseed bud and do a deeper dive into the lineage.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Some of the skunk crosses at Dominion were the steps in working back towards the skunk. He knew they weren't there yet but all of his testers/friends that grew it told him it was fire, release it! and he did. Mucho respect for several of those breeders that are putting in time and generations with a goal.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I originally started listening to all the podcasts with an eye towards breeding and getting tips. Now it's more for strains that sound good and/or breeders I want to try beans from.

StonedAgeGrower

I guess my point was hunt on... I get the impression that unless you get a cut, it's a low percentage pheno hunt to find the sour within the sour seeds.

Kind of like the skunk. All skunk should be 'roadkill' skunk or it just aint skunk. Someone bred superskunk seeds and sold them to me because I thought it would be skunk. Didn't get me anything but perfume and floral... but they were skunk seeds from skunk parents.

I think that was the exact same deal. An awesome recessive gene that is still out there but it's a gene waiting to pop up, not a strain waiting to be re-bred or found. The stuff Duke Diamond is doing to try and get back there is (from what I hear) producing a higher percentage of that pheno coming out but it's still recessive and doesn't breed true.
Oh I'll keep hunting for sure💯

Pretty dead on though when it comes to Skunk, Sour, even OG to a lesser extent, etc. The original cuts are so unique, nearly 1 in a million finds, that producing seeds that will retain those terps/highs is like finding a Needle in a mile-high haystack.

The search for Roadkill boggles my mind, considering it was one of the dominant smells around when I was a teenager grabbing sacks of no-name weed back in the day. If you told me back then that it would be seemingly extinct today, I wouldnt believe it!! Of course Sam Skunkman admitting he bred away from the Skunk terps when making Skunk1 must have a lot to do with the floral, perfume types that are so abundant and disappointing in Skunk1

I'm curious who's Super Skunk you grew. Was it a new cross using the Super Skunk name or a filial generation of Sensi's originals? I've only seen a few folks working w Sensi's SS lately but haven't seen any results.

I've run some of Dukes Skunk gear and some of StrayFox's MI Skunk crosses. Definitely great stuff, but nothing that was the nose-burning, eye-watering skunk spray types. I hope Duke is free again soon to keep working those lines👍

Like you said tho, those are most likely extremely rare genetic recombinations that would require huge numbers to hunt through to really find again, but I certainly understand people's desire to find em🦨⛽👍

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm curious who's Super Skunk you grew. Was it a new cross using the Super Skunk name or a filial generation of Sensi's originals? I've only seen a few folks working w Sensi's SS lately but haven't seen any results.
Very first seed purchase was from ILGM - both their beans and their forum leave a lot to be desired. Bland, inbred Dutch crap.

But I got 10, + 10 free!!! :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️

StonedAgeGrower

Already listened to that one 🤪. Before the rest die off they need to collaborate and make a movie and get the details and timelines straight for the rest of us ;)

I have Chemdog and ChemD S1's going from Nspecta at CSI. I am not keeping clones any more basically because I have too many beans to try, limited space, and they fuck up the rotation. If they keep dropping beans selfed from the original clones that's good with me. I know I am not getting the exact thing with every bean, but within a 7-pack of fems I should get most similar with one that is worse and one that is better than the mom. And those original cuts have very short family trees compared to if I got a pack of Zkittles S1's.

And the dog-bud that the Chemdog seeds came from was from Oregon according to Pbud. Would be interesting to find out who grew the original bagseed bud and do a deeper dive into the lineage.
I just ran a pack of 91 S1s from nspecta, along w a Giesel cut I acquired recently. Unfortunately I had some Botrytis show up, and had to chop everything at 53 days, so not a great rep of what they can do. Most of the 91 S1s woulda gone 70+. I still have a few packs of 91 and ChemD S1s in the fridge and I did keep cuts of the ones I popped so I'll run them again once I clean up the room and fix the Mold issue👍

I actually love the variation you can find in S1s. You may have to weed through some weak recessive phenos, but finding something worth keeping in a pack is a common occurrence for me. And definitely right about some being more reliable than others. I have a pack of those Zkittles S1s and I know I'm gonna find some weird stuff in there 🤣🤣

The origins of the DogBud are definitely intriguing to me. PBud and JoeB both said it was from Southern Oregon from some "Cowboy dudes" and they only saw it once and never again. I always wonder if anyone else who got any of it from those "Cowboys" found seeds or if it was as memorable for them, seeing how it's made such an impact on modern cannabis. I've heard people suspect a ton of different things for the DogBud: a Super Skunk pheno (but if it was around already in 91 and Super Skunk was released in 90 by Nevil's Seed Bank that's a pretty tight timeframe.

Others say it's an old Afghani, some people say an old Hashplant.

Infinitely intruiging to me, but one I don't think we will ever figure out. Doesn't make the smoke any less amazing though!⛽🦨