Latest seed purchase - Show and Tell

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Cheap vials with stoppers in bulk - maybe a dime a piece. Wax in bulk - damn near free. Cardboard tags, sheets of stickers, and some burlap and pyrite. you see where I'm going?

Price of each package maybe a few dollars?

Time and labor invested in actually putting the beans in a pack? For God sake, don't you have anything better to do? Maybe make it a bakers dozen instead and put it all in a cheap ass tube :unsure:

Fuck it, now we can charge $200 for a 12-pack of regs and it looks legit! :ROFLMAO:

Just playing. Packaging doesn't impress me.

A freebie sample of some of your other genetics to make me want to purchase again? much more valuable to me as a consumer. and to them as an investment. And FUCK a sticker unless it comes with the FREE BEANS!!! :cool:
I did look their site up, seeds are tad spendy for my tax bracket anyway...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I did look their site up, seeds are tad spendy for my tax bracket anyway...
break it down.

Even at $240/pack ($20/bean easier math)
For regs you bet on 50/50, so $40/girl.
I recall paying that $250 for an ounce of "good weed" just prior to starting to grow.
For $40 I'm betting I can get a few ounces out of each girl.
Paying that much for beans, I have no problem letting them know about duds and getting replacements - though I am not expecting any.

It's more about the breeders I think. I'm not paying that much for beans just because someone charges it and tell me it's worth it. I've gotten advice, watched some pod-casts with some of the breeders just talking weed. And I have grown/smoked some of the offspring of some of those high-end beans and wanted to try some for myself.

Next drop from Freeborn (high end Mean Gene), or Afficianado (Leo Stone) or a few others, I have money saved up to pay what they are asking - if I can get the order in in time. :cool:

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
break it down.

Even at $240/pack ($20/bean easier math)
For regs you bet on 50/50, so $40/girl.
I recall paying that $250 for an ounce of "good weed" just prior to starting to grow.
For $40 I'm betting I can get a few ounces out of each girl.
Paying that much for beans, I have no problem letting them know about duds and getting replacements - though I am not expecting any.

It's more about the breeders I think. I'm not paying that much for beans just because someone charges it and tell me it's worth it. I've gotten advice, watched some pod-casts with some of the breeders just talking weed. And I have grown/smoked some of the offspring of some of those high-end beans and wanted to try some for myself.

Next drop from Freeborn (high end Mean Gene), or Afficianado (Leo Stone) or a few others, I have money saved up to pay what they are asking - if I can get the order in in time. :cool:
I have learned scads lurking around this site, unlike some other sites full of stoner talk,there are some class acts on chuckers, I would concider paying more on the advice of some of the cats here, I have a bucket list of strains I'd like to run, if I could get my rooms completely geared up the way I want I could start saving clams I for seeds on that bucket list.. Oh look at that pretty light lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have learned scads lurking around this site, unlike some other sites full of stoner talk,there are some class acts on chuckers, I would concider paying more on the advice of some of the cats here, I have a bucket list of strains I'd like to run, if I could get my rooms completely geared up the way I want I could start saving clams I for seeds on that bucket list.. Oh look at that pretty light lol
It's a process. Adding tents, lights and ventillation until you get where you want to be, then I got some spares of stuff that would suck to be an emergencypurchase. I have a spare 6" AC Infinity exhaust, a few spare lower grade lights that could be used in a pinch, stuff like that - all before bean shopping. The testers I get to run helped immensely with getting the initial rotation started while I was burning $$$ on equipment and such.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I also think it's good to get the environment dialed in and most of the rookie mistakes out of the way before dropping the big bucks on beans. Keeping in mind that the higher quality the genetics, the better the return on the investment.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have learned scads lurking around this site, unlike some other sites full of stoner talk,there are some class acts on chuckers, I would concider paying more on the advice of some of the cats here,
Here's some other nuggets I look for. On SHN, this is the resume for Mean Gene

1622044031913.png
Then on the Afficianado site, you can see where he and Leo Stone colaborated since some of Gene's flowers are a win for Afficianado.
1622044174068.png

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Alright. SeedsHereNow might have redeemed themselves. We'll see how important customers are when the shipment arrives.

1622055029290.png

Since I was not signing up for their MESH system I mailed a check - with tracking. almost a week after they received the check I still had heard nothing. It hadn't cleared the bank though. They lost it or something. After it was sorted and I got the beans, when I am no longer goiing to do business with someone, I let them know why.

I told them the sending a sticker and offering the same 10% discount on my next order (same as every email coupon code) as a consolation prize did not impress me as a freebie. The rest follows (e-mail chain, start at bottom)
SHN.reply.JPG

Anyway,

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One other random stoner thing about the podcasts and such. If it is a well regarded breeder, I listen for them to drop names. Who's beans are they growing or who are they trading cuts with.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I also think it's good to get the environment dialed in and most of the rookie mistakes out of the way before dropping the big bucks on beans. Keeping in mind that the higher quality the genetics, the better the return on the investment.
I have more beans than I can grow in this lifetime some are so old I don't know if I want to wet them or just hang on to them 🤔 I keep seeing and reading about legit breeders gear, I am more selective on my buys these days so I appreciate your info and knowledge! When I quit gorilla grows I took a long break to raise kids, then when I took growing back up I moved indoors, my first lights etc, were ok but soon I wanted denser buds, then larger denser grows, then larger denser more automated from one room to 4 lol.... I love learning and there is always somethings new to learn , growing saves my sanity

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have an e-mail out to them to find out if this is something special.

Not only did I get a freebie pack of the beans I paid for in my first order (they knew I liked it?)
and the fact that there's 15 beans in the 12-pack
But if the box is correct I have an earlier release as well. The 10th Gen is what is out now, and the box says IX (9)
IMG_4280.JPG
She was actually on a trip, so there was a delay which she emailed me about and apologized for. And which was completely fine since I expected it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
But if the box is correct I have an earlier release as well. The 10th Gen is what is out now, and the box says IX (9)
Christine is a joy to deal with. It was just a box mix-up. But they still have some RK 9 and offered to sell me a few packs -

or to send me a replacement box with a 10 on it :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Bought the Chem D and Chemdog from Humbolt CSI because I want to try some of the original stuff that's in almost everything - but from a trusted source so I know I'ge getting what I'm paying for. UK Cheese was also on my short list of those "classic" strains, along with stuff like GG4, Mendo Purps, Purple Urkle, etc.
The UK Cheese freebie also happens to be an out of stock item, and now checked off my wishlist :)
IMG_4893.JPG
Have to look into that recharge stuff before I use it somewhere.