Latest seed purchase - Show and Tell

StonedAgeGrower

I’m trying to find the New York City haze from back in the day that I’m used to. I have plans for her
I know a few folks like PiffCoastFarms and SkunkTek are working w the Cuban Black Haze and Piff. If youre looking for that blockwork Haze from NYC late 90s, those are the places I'd be looking for seeds, since sourcing those cuts is gonna be pretty tough👍

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is good-news, bad-news - good news?
IMG_5274.JPG
I bought a pack of 007up from Swamp Boys. I gave away 3 and have 3 left, but out of the six I dropped there were 2 complete duds, 2 mini-tail-nubs with failure to grow, and two plants. 2 out of 6 is unsatisfactory, so these are the replacements. They said it didn't have to be the same strain, so I got something with a completely different mom and dad.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I received the same strain from Goat and Monkey as a freebie from another seedbank (Hembra). I searched for the mom/dad and got his strain "Reverb", and couldn't even find anything called Wood Horse. Who knows. They are listed as elite feminized seeds, I am actually planning on popping a few next run.
I searched the web and found a random seedbank or a strain listing/review site that had them up and listed as Wood Horse, and the parents listed were Herijuana x Blueberry Indica

Searching seedsherenow where the beans came from, and I couldn't find the Wood Horse, but Goat and Monkey has :unsure:
1626830297567.png

I'm thinking maybe a re-release/re-name - or possibly different mom or dad used in the same cross. Like instead of a V2 they renamed it?
Who knows.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Man. I want to buy more seeds but, I don't even know what I have/like yet from my tiny library. From what I've listened to from interviews from top breeders/growers it made me want to try older stuff from late 90s (my era of introduction to the plant) so skunky-floral afghans, god bud, sweet tooth will be on the menu once I get a decent way into my collection.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Man. I want to buy more seeds but, I don't even know what I have/like yet from my tiny library. From what I've listened to from interviews from top breeders/growers it made me want to try older stuff from late 90s (my era of introduction to the plant) so skunky-floral afghans, god bud, sweet tooth will be on the menu once I get a decent way into my collection.
NSpecta at CSI has several S1's made from original cuts they have kept for decades. The chems, mendo purps, purple urkle, triangle Kush, etc. lots of "those" strains.

The way I understand it, the selfed beans are gonna have as much variation as the strain allows. Each plant could be different. That said any S1 beans should contain a lot that resemble the mom, then some better and some worse. Genetic math. And all those elite cuts pretty much came from bagseeds or they woudn't have had to hold the clones for decades.

interesting side-note. Listening to those breeders is great learning for bean buyers. Mean Gene from Aficianado then Freeborn Selections was talking about the importance of S1's in preserving genetics because people lose clones. When he was talking about a breeder that almost lost a cultivar, he said "Get that shit to Nspecta and let him feminize them" - which tells me he has the respect of other breeders.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I ain't rich. I live on a budget. It's a fat budget, but a budget. I used to spend about $250/mo on weed before I found some bagseed and said fuck this. I have since used that 'budget' for growing instead. It bought lights, tents, dirt, nudes, etc. I don't need that shit anymore except for the expendable growing supplies.

Also - television sucks and I have been listening to podcasts and watching youtube stuff. Listening to breeders talking about growing is OK for me. I find myself wanting to try stuff by certain breeders more than I am worried about a particular strain.

Roundabout way of getting to this. I am still relatively new to growing. Maybe 3 years. I am getting a variety of strains to try because I have no clue what I like. I wanted to try an auto so @J.James sent me a few auto-Zkittles with some testers. I hate autos, but even in auto I like Zkittles. It is a fun high. Matt Riot is a breeder I wanted to try, and this was available.
IMG_5558.JPG IMG_5559.JPG
I really wanted to try Cokehead Slut but they were out ;)

That was last payday's purchase, then SHN released a few Afficianado packs and I snagged a Trufflez - and spent next months budget 🤷‍♂️ 😁

There are several other breeders I want to try gear from, but only one more I'll bust the budget to get a pack and that's Mean Gene with Freeborn.

Opie1

Master Grower
I searched the web and found a random seedbank or a strain listing/review site that had them up and listed as Wood Horse, and the parents listed were Herijuana x Blueberry Indica

Searching seedsherenow where the beans came from, and I couldn't find the Wood Horse, but Goat and Monkey has :unsure:

I'm thinking maybe a re-release/re-name - or possibly different mom or dad used in the same cross. Like instead of a V2 they renamed it?
Who knows.
I’ve got a few Herijuana beans, I’m not sure what breeder they’re from, I’ve had them a while they may not be any good by now.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’ll sell you some nudes, lol. Just give me a list of what you like
Pretty sure niether of us wants nudes of the other... And the D isn't even that close to the T on the keyboard.

Can I claim auto-correct on a laptop? 😁