Latest seed purchase - Show and Tell

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I save a lot of hassle by never going on instagram. I watch podcasts and see about new stuff that way, but only from breders I am already keen on, or those that run in the same circle.

It's like getting in with the cool crowd in school. I have found several small-time breeders at Dagga that I would never have bought beans from on their own, no matter how flowery the description. But because of how that bank is run and the breeders seem to be vetted or checked out before being let into the cool kids crowd I feel OK trying a new breeder if the price is low as a new breeder should be. I honestly think some of their freebie packs are from breeders autitioning to be in the clique ;)

Anyway, my point was find one breeder that makes a variety and selects for the high(s) you like. Or find a seedbank you trust and slowly spread your web through thebother breeders there. Big warehouse vendors with a hundred breeders in the stable are not the rabbit hole to go down.

Streetpro09

Tester
I think I save a lot of hassle by never going on instagram. I watch podcasts and see about new stuff that way, but only from breders I am already keen on, or those that run in the same circle.

It's like getting in with the cool crowd in school. I have found several small-time breeders at Dagga that I would never have bought beans from on their own, no matter how flowery the description. But because of how that bank is run and the breeders seem to be vetted or checked out before being let into the cool kids crowd I feel OK trying a new breeder if the price is low as a new breeder should be. I honestly think some of their freebie packs are from breeders autitioning to be in the clique ;)

Anyway, my point was find one breeder that makes a variety and selects for the high(s) you like. Or find a seedbank you trust and slowly spread your web through thebother breeders there. Big warehouse vendors with a hundred breeders in the stable are not the rabbit hole to go down.
I've been watching Great Lakes and Dcseedexchange the last couple years. I kinda thought GL vetted their breeders somewhat. DC is kinda like a new breeder start up bank. Always new "breeders" showing up with lame descriptions or none at all. Neither bank has been very impressive lately. Got any suggestions for a couple new places to check out?

Basically i just go to those two websites and go to the "recently added" section a couple times a week. Sometimes they don't get anything new in for a couple weeks. I thought that was kinda cool cause i figured they vetted their suppliers. Not really looking that way lately.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got any suggestions for a couple new places to check out?
Breeders - Dagga Garden
Basically i just go to those two websites and go to the "recently added" section a couple times a week. Sometimes they don't get anything new in for a couple weeks. I thought that was kinda cool cause i figured they vetted their suppliers. Not really looking that way lately.
Some of those banks with a lot of breeders have a lot of top name breeders that vetting isn't an issue. Dagga has a few like Top Dawg, Irie Blackbird Preservation and 707 that you see in a lot of banks, so you know legit breeders trust them. I have seen a Freeborn drop there and missed it, but the breeders don't stay on the list long if they have no beans available. Dominion is likely to drop beans there when he gets back up and running.

So far I have grown beans from:
The American One (Amy Aces),
Smiley's Garden (Burnside in late flower now),
Mr Trees (Pam Anderson and Cowboy Caviar in flower now, Pam x KMR, Skunkwater x Pandemic),
Shooters Garden (a Durban Poison F3 freebie that is fire ),
Sungrownmidz/2-buck (Lemon HP x 88G13HP),
Cannabis Horticultural Assoc. [(Lime 1 x Grape Soda Skunk) x Wilson F2]
Cunning Folk (Lemon Cello)

Out of all those I found a few that could have been keepers, and I had no bad plants. All of them had something going on, the only one that was less than impressive was the Lemon Cello (BC Lemon Skunk fem) because of the wispy/airy flowers with almost no weight - that was probably the loudest of all the above. Next plant is grown for dry sift LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
FWIW, several of the breeders there are working with some level of beans they got from Mean Gene at Freeborn. I think he's part of their 'in' crowd and a few of the breeders get cuts or seeds we don't see, then work his lines with his support. If they are close he probably uses a few to pheno hunt his gear.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Streetpro09 for what it's worth, fuck you man! :cool: You got me looking at the damn seedbank again:sneaky:...:ROFLMAO:

I pulled the trigger on two that I had been on the edge about because of price. My weed budget that turned into a grow budget that turned into a seed budget has remained the same since I started growing, but not having to buy bottles of part A and B plus calmag and new soil frees up a lot of cash.

I picked up the Catpiss from 707 because I love his work. When I grab the 707 top-dollar packs I am thinking mom hunt. Those packs get set aside instead of tried.

Coastal was a big-name I haven't tried yet and the Irene is another 'classic' I have heard of.

We'll see. Plus whatever freebies I get. So thanks I guess LOL

Streetpro09

Tester
@Streetpro09 for what it's worth, fuck you man! :cool: You got me looking at the damn seedbank again:sneaky:...:ROFLMAO:

I pulled the trigger on two that I had been on the edge about because of price. My weed budget that turned into a grow budget that turned into a seed budget has remained the same since I started growing, but not having to buy bottles of part A and B plus calmag and new soil frees up a lot of cash.

I picked up the Catpiss from 707 because I love his work. When I grab the 707 top-dollar packs I am thinking mom hunt. Those packs get set aside instead of tried.

Coastal was a big-name I haven't tried yet and the Irene is another 'classic' I have heard of.

We'll see. Plus whatever freebies I get. So thanks I guess LOL
Glad i could help you spend your money. 🤣😂

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Glad i could help you spend your money. 🤣😂
I wish I could share something other than pics. Maybe one day.

I guess what I meant in the previous post is that I ain't rich. I can just compartmentalize very well (OCD) and weed money is weed money. I also bought a new stack of living soil pots to start replacing the year old ones. It's weed money, not real money for bills and stuff LOL

Streetpro09

Tester
I wish I could share something other than pics. Maybe one day.

I guess what I meant in the previous post is that I ain't rich. I can just compartmentalize very well (OCD) and weed money is weed money. I also bought a new stack of living soil pots to start replacing the year old ones. It's weed money, not real money for bills and stuff LOL
Oh i knew what you meant. I have "rat/squirrel holes" to have some extra cash when needed. It's more of a mental game than anything. Lol.

D

Deleted member 2835

First, I think the skunk weed smells vary. There is a pant called skunk cabbage tha has a very rank odor, like but not like a skunk - that smells more like skunky weed than a skunk most times. People are selling memories. $15/bean for another person that says they have "the skunk" ain't doing it for me. At least a few years now people have been on the "roadkill". People that bring in the other smells to their description, garlic, rubber, coffee etc. may have never smelled an actual skunk. There is no comparison to that musk.

That's the rant... I personally had some skunky weed early 80's. I did not grow it so I have no clue what that part should look/smell like. The weed I had was bright green and bright orange, and some of the first real sticky bud I had. The kind where you pinch it and it doesn't crumble. I remember skunk musk when the bag was opened, then pine and skunk ground. The thing I really remember was that cool-numb-face high mid summer. Happy, laughing at stupid shit, etc.

IMHO its curing and storage. How they did it then was not how we do it now. I 'member celophane fold-n-close sandwich bags, and the guy I got it from had larger bags. Never saw weed in a jar until I put it there. We rolled up the sandwich bag and stuck it in the waistband or the sock, and it sucked up that 98.6F environment for long periods.

I have several strains with skunk advertized in them. The SkunkXXX from TH Seeds gave me that high. smelled more like the cabbage though.
I hate skunk cabbage...They grow some big ass leaves and are often found on the banks of rivers streams and creeks. Exactly where I like to be most of the time fishing.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dagga orders are always like Christmas! I bought the Catpiss and the Irene.
IMG_4326.JPG
Freebie from 707 every pack of 707 I get - love that.
The BORD13 x Bobcat Spray? Who knows?
But the one labeled Afropips Durban Poison F4 was a request! I got a 5-pack of them free and found fire in the one I flowered out. Still had a few left, but asked if he had any more in stock. I now have enough for a respectale pheno hunt to find it again :) And an F4 means that should be easier than on random chucks.

The marigolds - I sent him a gallon sack of the seeds - he sent me back some LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess one thing to note is that if you do a Dagga order, and you put a comment in the "order notes" they read it.

You can also hit them up in the youtube chats for real-time questions answering. I was watching one of the shows and let him know to watch his ass selling those Delirium Dog, in no time he was asking why and to emal him pics. So at least he's a contientious bean vendor.

I am letting those beans grow out but there's not a normal plant out of 5. I told him I didn't want a replacement pack unless the dude wanted to pay me to be a tester LOL

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Dagga orders are always like Christmas! I bought the Catpiss and the Irene.
View attachment 126249
Freebie from 707 every pack of 707 I get - love that.
The BORD13 x Bobcat Spray? Who knows?
But the one labeled Afropips Durban Poison F4 was a request! I got a 5-pack of them free and found fire in the one I flowered out. Still had a few left, but asked if he had any more in stock. I now have enough for a respectale pheno hunt to find it again :) And an F4 means that should be easier than on random chucks.

The marigolds - I sent him a gallon sack of the seeds - he sent me back some LOL
looks like you made out like a bandit!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

hell i dont even do fbook maybe marketplace or craig list looking for parts for four wheelers and tryin to keep the 3/4 82 model running parts are geting hard to find! i trust that truck more than the 93