HydroRed's DIY Budget Flood and Drain (approx $40 total)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
What I find amazing is they make a measuring cup that is exactly 10 tablespoons. A graduated 150ml measuring flask is in every baking section of every grocery and hardware store. I guess they use them in cooking. I used them for oil infusions in the ardent but the sleeve holds a whole cup).

But it is exactly the amount of h202 needed for a full HydroRed Tote System....Coincidence......maybe..but I think it was just HydroReds planning !

And I never run organics myself. Always chemical salts (or whatever you call the base mineral stuff). I have too many water systems that got stupid funky with some organics.

I am lucky i got this far without h202 but why tempt fate....It is now routine.

We use metric but the math is easy
1 tsp = 5ml
1tblsp = 15ml (3 tsp)
1 cup = 16 tablespoons. (240ml but we round it to 250)

OH for the record...the crack in the pan (in the drain pan) is helping it to drain better. The crack was designed by fate to grow better buds !

Crazy

Last edited:

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
This thread is great guys, crash course for running the system as well as building it, loving it 😍 i needed something like this for getting my clones up to size in a smaller footprint in individual containers, i never feel right separating all the roots in a hydrotote with multiple ladies, ill apply this to a solo cup of hydroton and my problems should be solved, kickass job red and thanks for sharing it, and thanks to all those that added input 🤓👏👏👏

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Where did you source the kosher? I've got the jew gold going outside.
It was seed from Reserva Privada. Threw nanners like clockwork at week 5 even after cloning and growing out again. Taste was poor but ok buzz. All it truly had going for it was structure and weight.

I had cuts of the ORIGINAL RP Kosher Kush in like 2012 or so that were 100% fire! Thick resin covered sugar leaves and a crippling high. Hybrid in structure and grew tall with golf ball sized tight nugs. Earthy smell on the plant and was nutty/earthy off the plant. Was totally disappointed when I got the seeds in 2017 after I lost the original cut.
This was the good Kosher Kush (Jews Gold) that I miss from years back:
KK.jpg

As you can see its far superior in quality than what the new Kosher Kush puts out.
Is yours from cut? Any pics?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I finally pulled the plug! Thanks @HydroRed for giving me the courage to go,for,it.
I figure wtf why not. Do one setup and the old soil/coco/perlite bunch I got going.
I will drop the las vegas triangle kush/ mimosa into my sandpaper box and loosen my shells. I got this premonition last night. Im like fuck it. This dude is on his shit. I wanna be on myshit too.
My outie grow aint looking so hot so I'm gonna need meds and lots of an for winter. This is gonna be EPIC!

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Shit I couldnt sleep last night. Got my beans from a buddy going too. GMO, gg4, and wedding dub! All popped!
Next is lvtk x mimosa and goji OG!
I have the clay coming tomorrow and the bulkhead set red recommended , I'm just gonna drill a million holes in the 6 inch dollar store pots I already have. I mean why not?0809191544.jpg

Texagonian

Outlaw
I finally pulled the plug! Thanks @HydroRed for giving me the courage to go,for,it.
I figure wtf why not. Do one setup and the old soil/coco/perlite bunch I got going.
I will drop the las vegas triangle kush/ mimosa into my sandpaper box and loosen my shells. I got this premonition last night. Im like fuck it. This dude is on his shit. I wanna be on myshit too.
My outie grow aint looking so hot so I'm gonna need meds and lots of an for winter. This is gonna be EPIC!
Here’s my build and plants 9days in the system yesterday. You’re gonna dig it and be like why didn’t I do this sooner! Have fun with it🍻✌🏻FC1C5FCD-81B2-43D7-9D1C-ADB047CF4294.jpeg

Boybelue

Super Active Member
It was seed from Reserva Privada. Threw nanners like clockwork at week 5 even after cloning and growing out again. Taste was poor but ok buzz. All it truly had going for it was structure and weight.

I had cuts of the ORIGINAL RP Kosher Kush in like 2012 or so that were 100% fire! Thick resin covered sugar leaves and a crippling high. Hybrid in structure and grew tall with golf ball sized tight nugs. Earthy smell on the plant and was nutty/earthy off the plant. Was totally disappointed when I got the seeds in 2017 after I lost the original cut.
This was the good Kosher Kush (Jews Gold) that I miss from years back:
View attachment 17824

As you can see its far superior in quality than what the new Kosher Kush puts out.
Is yours from cut? Any pics?
Yea mines a cut, it's just a couple wks into flower so nothing to look at yet. When it gets closer I'll throw up some pics if ye want. So far it has the OGish look and structure.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
hA!...just got back from lowes and they had both the tote and the tray. Got two sets , about $35 out the door. Now to assemble the rest and figure how to get it into the routine. I checked and the tray would work on the HDX tote from h_depot as well.
I had 4 HDX totes and that is what I use. But the ones from Canadian Tire, which have the same volume exactly, do not fit right.
They go on sale too. for under 10 bucks sometimes (in Canada thats like 7 bucks there)

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
This is great stuff, im gonna be building one here soon myself, simplicity is just a beautiful thing, got tons of open space in my veg tent, once i murder my chem mom😢😢😢 but all good bonsai replacement is looking good. 🖒🖒🖒 mr red

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Love those totes from lowes, they're so cheap for such a high quality good rigid tote that dont bust out the sides when full, I buy one just about every time I go in there just because they so dang cheap. Lol
Wondering if the hefty that @Opie1 mentioned can withstand the water lpng term. They would fit better in my space.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I had 4 HDX totes and that is what I use. But the ones from Canadian Tire, which have the same volume exactly, do not fit right.
They go on sale too. for under 10 bucks sometimes (in Canada thats like 7 bucks there)
I already had a few HDX myself, but none of them empty, so while I was there....
They had them in the paint aisle. They had exactly one in the aisle with no lid....had to wait while they found the lost skid of totes......but they did.

They also had a fairly large plastic mixing tray........24" x 36" x 8" . Might work as a tent floor catchall. It was stout. They didn't have any totes that size so I left those in that paint aisle......long walk back to the cement section;)

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I believe Costco has a similar tote maybe even same manufacturer as hdx/commander. Lids are X pattern instead of square.
Spill containment has saved me in more ways than one this past run in RDWC, good thinking 😉 that and shop vac = cheap insurance from worse disasters.