HydroRed's DIY Budget Flood and Drain (approx $40 total)

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
This was the Kosher Kush and was one of the heavy yielders:
20180103_233108 - Copy.jpg 20180104_005934 - Copy.jpg kk 2 - Copy.JPG
Averaged around 1.5 zips per plant. There was (8) 1 gallon pots total and I think I got 3/4 LB total on 2 trays side by side on a single table fed by one res. Again, no veg, no training, just clones flipped right into 12/12.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
This was the Kosher Kush and was one of the heavy yielders:
View attachment 17533 View attachment 17534 View attachment 17535
Averaged around 1.5 zips per plant. There was (8) 1 gallon pots total and I think I got 3/4 LB total on 2 trays side by side on a single table fed by one res. Again, no veg, no training, just clones flipped right into 12/12.
Thanks Red for that. Those plants are absolutely beautiful, huge solid colas. 🔥 If I can stay in the $50 range this would work well in some possible plans I'm contemplating. I have 6" net pots. The set and forget/leave alone for a while thing is really a huge plus and the potential yields are excellent.

Texagonian

Outlaw
My testers already have roots growing out in the tray. Ph is stabilized now and ppm is hovering around 440. This is just one week in the system and all I’ve done is walk in, nod, dip the pens to see where things are, add a splash of h2o2 and zip it back up. Easy peasy! I’m for real making another possibly this weekend to cram another six in there and fire things up. I remember the phrase that I enjoyed so much over @HydroRed whore house. It’s gonna get bonkers up in here!🍻🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥👊🏻😎

Texagonian

Outlaw
Thanks Red for that. Those plants are absolutely beautiful, huge solid colas. 🔥 If I can stay in the $50 range this would work well in some possible plans I'm contemplating. I have 6" net pots. The set and forget/leave alone for a while thing is really a huge plus and the potential yields are excellent.
You already have most of the expensive stuff. I had the net pots from the same rdwc build. Small cheap pump is change. Costco tote and a mixing tray with some 8.49 botanicare ebb and flow fittings. Done! I just wanna find the tray Red was talking about in the original build list. Do it mang! You know you want to🤣🍻🍻🖖🏻

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Regarding h202. How much do you put in the rez and how often? I have food grade 30% peroxide so i can mix that 1 oz of peroxide to 10 oz of water to get a 3% solution.
2 to 3 teaspoons per gallon in a 11 gallon rez is rougly 1/4 cup or 25 teaspoons. How often do you add that to the rez?
I just ran out of that roots stuff and i will shift to peroxide on the next water change. ITs a lot cheaper and i have a gallon of it.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Damn son. U got that weight Red!!
Unfortunately, thats all I had haha.
The bud was mediocre at best but put out weight. It was the perfect structure for how I was growing it though.

Regarding h202. How much do you put in the rez and how often? I have food grade 30% peroxide so i can mix that 1 oz of peroxide to 10 oz of water to get a 3% solution.
2 to 3 teaspoons per gallon in a 11 gallon rez is rougly 1/4 cup or 25 teaspoons. How often do you add that to the rez?
I just ran out of that roots stuff and i will shift to peroxide on the next water change. ITs a lot cheaper and i have a gallon of it.
I usually just squirt the 3% right into the res nowadays, but back when I was measuring I think I used approx 15 ml per gallon or so. I reapplied the amount for the full res every 2-3 days and this has always managed to keep my res clean and free of floaters/slime/smells etc even in warmer temps. The plants absolutely love it too so its a win/win.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I will go the sterile approach and just use the h202 every 2 to 3 days. The beauty of peroxide is the byproduct is oxygen and water. And if you want to feel alive put some of that food grade on the top of your hand....Wow thats hot.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Did you know there are geniuses out there that recommend having that food grade peroxide ingested every day. Not a lot but still ridiculous to the extreme.
My Mom was asking where I could get food grade peroxide is how I even know. I said well mine is for cleaning growing gear and you cant have it.
And dont drink food grade peroxide or you might die. I guess next its javex bleach with a side of windex.
People are nuts...just smoke some fine herb man...it gets you right in the head!

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Did you know there are geniuses out there that recommend having that food grade peroxide ingested every day. Not a lot but still ridiculous to the extreme.
My Mom was asking where I could get food grade peroxide is how I even know. I said well mine is for cleaning growing gear and you cant have it.
And dont drink food grade peroxide or you might die. I guess next its javex bleach with a side of windex.
People are nuts...just smoke some fine herb man...it gets you right in the head!
I had explained to a buddy that the food grade 30% was a bit more harsh and I suggested he use the 3% at the drug store because its just as effective and can be dangerous (hes kinda clutzy) and he replies back with "I got this dude". I see him 2 days later with bleached white fingers and splash marks on his arm. Yup....you got this lmao. :ROFLMAO:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Correct, no organic materials/nutes and the addition of H2o2 to kill off the bacteria (good and bad)
Thanks. Looks like I will be doing some reading. So far benny tea in RDWC has worked pretty smooth. I might try sterile with the F&D though. Would be nice to open a bottle that's always ready with no refrigeration and not have to brew tea. Doesn't sound like the system water needs any chilling either.