Higher Power Genetics

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
almost looks like nanners among mal
Those almost look like straight males are there any female reproductive parts like the bract or stigma? Here’s an example of a similar male it’s just tough to tell from the pic. If there’s female parts that’s a male hermaphrodite I think that’s definitely genetic.. will be a project to make sure that’s bred out I’m not sure when I’ll be confident in it if it’s sadly in the dna. View attachment 115835
it almost looks like nanners among male pollen sacks hell i don't know , my favorite stripper had some mussies , so i had to indulge.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I may have had a root issue with a couple of clones and gnats at the same time, but didn’t contact the dots. My gnats seemed to come from reusing some cloth pots that had a little algae at the bottom. That’s where they seemed to prefer to hang out. Thanks for the responses.
I always thought gnats came from too much moisture at the bottom of your containers, thus not letting your grow medium dry completely out at different stages of growth. I've used sand right under my soil surface cover. I use straw or pine needles for a cover.
Bugs don't care too much for pine needles. They are pretty much worthless as a nutrient, but some type of cover is better than no cover over your medium.
DET-PDX,
I believe I have1 Kings Juice, 2 Forbidden Fruits and 2 "519" from what you sent me. Not sexed yet,
but I will hopefully have a male for breeding practices.
Thanks again!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I always thought gnats came from too much moisture at the bottom of your containers, thus not letting your grow medium dry completely out at different stages of growth.
Maybe if it's sopping wet, but then you'd have root issues, too. Since going with living soil I've used blumats for watering, so my soil never really has a dry cycle, and I haven't had any issues with gnats.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I always thought gnats came from too much moisture at the bottom of your containers, thus not letting your grow medium dry completely out at different stages of growth. I've used sand right under my soil surface cover. I use straw or pine needles for a cover.
Bugs don't care too much for pine needles. They are pretty much worthless as a nutrient, but some type of cover is better than no cover over your medium.
DET-PDX,
I believe I have1 Kings Juice, 2 Forbidden Fruits and 2 "519" from what you sent me. Not sexed yet,
but I will hopefully have a male for breeding practices.
Thanks again!
i'll hang around for this @NoWaistedSpace ,pics?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Maybe if it's sopping wet, but then you'd have root issues, too. Since going with living soil I've used blumats for watering, so my soil never really has a dry cycle, and I haven't had any issues with gnats.
I thought the gnat larvae came from the bottoms of containers. I haven't dealt with that problem very much.
You shouldn't let your medium dry out with "living soil".
I'm glad you caught that Charlie.
I meant more on the lines of saturated soil/artificial mediums makes a prime breeding ground for gnats and other insects.
I thought the gnat larvae feed off the root system.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
I know Safari is expensive but if you use it, your plant literally becomes toxic to the bugs. The half life of Dinotefuran allows you to apply it once as seedlings and again at day 30-40 before flower. Dino is completely stable in water and is systemically distributed from the roots and leaf tissue throughout the entire plant. You can literally just add it to the feed, no spray is necessary unless you have a really bad issue that needs attention Immediately without waiting for the plant to distribute through its xylem and phloem. Complete stability in water means your plants are armored the entire grow. Once the plant dies and dries out, Dinotefuran is highly unstable without an aqueous environment, and desiccates in 1.8 days according to EPA studies. This means that once your plants are dry the Dinotefuran literally gases off with the water vapor. The main concern would be making live resin or fresh frozen rosin, at which point the drying process of the hash (or even better, a freeze drier) will again release the Dinotefuran.
There is still water content in dry bud but without a stable aqueous environment the air exposure will take it’s toll and the Dinotefuran will break down into gaseous constituents. 1655906583779.png
Oxygen, Nitrogen and Hydrogen, all that’s left is carbon. A truly miraculous product.
With gnats I tried everything from sticky traps to diatomaceous earth/sand/cinnamon, h202, etc. Dinotefuran is truly miraculous.

0739805E-219B-4E50-9E12-0CDD1F91ADF3.jpeg2B9DA980-C3E9-4536-AE38-AADC0CC0EB8E.jpeg406C1ABA-90EE-42ED-93E5-8EAF5847DEFC.jpeg
6EDBF300-C674-47E5-BB3A-CB4CE7443437.jpegD38BB94F-32E9-4450-B954-BC2925D84A8C.jpegF0E6822B-5DC0-4A51-8DCA-6A10D5A7A6E2.jpegAD03EDA0-7169-46BC-8939-1367C7BC4F47.jpegCB1D4B37-AAC8-4D31-939A-6C2ADC19264A.jpeg