Higher Power Genetics

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I trust your guys judgement and set-ups so

I’m putting 5.19 on HERM notice
I’m week 7 with no herm’s but this doesn’t mean the genes aren’t in some of them, or that one of my plants may have gotten stressed out. I didn’t notice anything in flower on them in F1, and I haven’t known wilting to cause herming but this may be cultivar dependent. I had no light schedule/leak issues of any kind. Again 5.19 is on herm notice. I have 40 F1 5.19 seeds in a seedling tray ready for the last round of the strains testing.

Thanks to your feedback, the F2 round will be extremely heavily tested by myself. I apologize for any time lost, I will always try to make things right if I can.
i have been thru this before, i've grown the same bag seed for years , and have stumbled across such things like this before no problem to me , thanks for the beans , D, i won't put 5.19 in any cross till things are stable.and yes i will grow em , just with caution.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
I don’t know if that’s bro science or not ^. But this is usually how I grow so I doubt that’s why they hermed.
Cultivar dependent for sure but transplant shock and root damage has screwed me before flower in the past and I’ve gotten herms on one variety like this. Sounds like you had an easy transplant, so I’m guessing it’s genetic but unless you try them again with less stress we won’t know. With too much root damage a plant will decide it’s reproduction time and hermie. Same with intense heat and prolonged drought. A little wilt is ok but near death can cause harming too. I will test a 5.19 female with root damage and topping direct before flower and see what happens. Again this is cultivar dependent and must be proven experimentally and repeatably before I can decide whether this is genetic, hence all the thinking

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
@The Larf God
Thanks for your feedback and for clearing that up. I am really bummed that 5.19 hermied, since I haven’t found any yet, It seems like a recessive trait that maybe can be bred out. Time will tell, I’ll certainly retain some keepers.
most prople would never admit, even that some of the plants, they have might have an intersex problem,the nl xsku i've not had any problem at all i only have two,and yes they have been stressed, a couple of times to see what might happen.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
@The Larf God @1oldfart
Yeah I’m hoping it’s not genetic but 5.19’s final F1 testing round will tell the story. She might just be sensitive to stress.

I’m running 5.19 and Forbidden fruit F1’s together in a small greenhouse being setting up right now. The seedlings are about a week old. They will likely be subjected to the August heat. Original moms will be present for another back cross.

I have a few more small greenhouse set ups where I’ll be testing F2’s, FFxGMOXFC F1, FFxScoobyxFC F1, 5.19xE85xFC F1, FFxA&BxFC F1 and Apple FritterxA&BxFC F1. In my shed at home I have a host of new commercial cuts ready for their first F1 cross. The plan is to verify stability of F2’s or plan their next cross, and again create another F2 from what I expect to be an even more impressive F1 generation than this spring. These crosses will truly be in their own environment with one pollen donor per separate enclosed structure.

Day 17 of flower now for my GMOFC & J.James BHP & I'm noticing a lot of the petiole/stems on both my girls are rhubarb red/purple looking. I always heard that was a sign of stress/deficiency but I'm thinking that might be bro science because both of these girls are straight up getting it.
GMOXFC L Harlet R  D17 1.JPG
GMOXFC L Harlet R  D17 2.JPG
GMOXFC L Harlet R  D17 3.JPG
GMOXFC L Harlet R  D17 4.JPG
GMOXFC L Harlet R  D17 1.JPGGMOXFC L Harlet R  D17 2.JPGGMOXFC L Harlet R  D17 3.JPGGMOXFC L Harlet R  D17 4.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Day 17 of flower now for my GMOFC & J.James BHP & I'm noticing a lot of the petiole/stems on both my girls are rhubarb red/purple looking. I always heard that was a sign of stress/deficiency but I'm thinking that might be bro science because both of these girls are straight up getting it.

Looking great bro! Your grows are always on target.....kudos

View attachment 115888

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 115885
View attachment 115886
View attachment 115887
View attachment 115888
View attachment 115885View attachment 115886View attachment 115887View attachment 115888
looks like they are git'in it on.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Here’s the last one that I thought might be hermy, a few days ago it starting showing and it is. It’s not just balls on lower branches either, it’s pistil & stamen on the same nodes even at the top. And as you can see it’s healthy. View attachment 115904
Thanks for that picture. On that zoomed pic I think I can see the faint outline of a skinny pollen sac starting to form, they are sneaky at first. Again I’m really sorry about that, I flipped April 22nd and didn’t find any. I wish I had a better answer for why, but just the fact you’ve brought this up is really helping me. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate you guys enough. I just started 34 more 5.19’s, I’ll be getting to the bottom of this with some stress experiments based on root and stem damage. I should have ~20 more females.

In the meantime here’s the original Scooby snacks mother day 54, Huge yielder, cookie, musk and a sweet twist. She’s been crossed with Forbidden Fruit F1. I am shocked to find the potency of my plants has been hardly affected by breeding, this may have to do with using stored pollen. I have just now cut them off from Nitrogen and will be expecting a nice fade in their last 10-14 days. Yes I angled the LED’s with the roof of my room lol the light penetration mimics the sun! 11204F96-AD01-443F-97AC-9894A60B813D.jpeg
I have found that very slowly lowering the nitrogen in my feed after week 4 produces a much larger yield than reducing nitrogen right away.

Last edited: