Higher Power Genetics

Day 1 of flower now for all my April F1's and it looks like they definitely noticed that there was 4 extra hours of dark for some reason before lights on today. Oi do they look ready.... And I think SuperCharger and one of Galactic Runtz look to be champions as even their satellite branches are poking through the top leaves reaching for light. Man do I hope one(both :ROFLMAO: )of them turn out to be fems.
SC(F) GR(BL) 5.19(BL) April F1s D1 1.JPG
SC(F) GR(BL) 5.19(BL) April F1s D1 2.JPGSC(F) GR(BL) 5.19(BL) April F1s D1 1.JPGSC(F) GR(BL) 5.19(BL) April F1s D1 2.JPG

The Larf God

5’10” 200lbs. Loves to eat ass.
Hey peeps it’s Brett here with a sock account, I can’t get into my old account.

I’m glad to see some of you guys are having success with his genetics. I started all 8 of the “5.19s” I got from him, out of the 7 that germed I’ve got 3 hermaphrodites, 3 males and one that is just starting to show but looks like a herm. I’ve got it all journaled over on RIU if you’d like to check it out. Brettmans Larf Lab is the name of the thread.

Who knows, maybe Heisen was right 🤷🏼‍♂️. I’ve got 20 of his NL5xSK1 started now so I will see how they go and report back here.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member

I’m glad to see some of you guys are having success with his genetics. I started all 8 of the “5.19s” I got from him, out of the 7 that germed I’ve got 3 hermaphrodites, 3 males and one that is just starting to show but looks like a herm. I’ve got it all journaled over on RIU if you’d like to check it out. Brettmans Larf Lab is the name of the thread.

Who knows, maybe Heisen was right 🤷🏼‍♂️. I’ve got 20 of his NL5xSK1 started now so I will see how they go and report back here.
That sucks thanks for the feedback on 5.19, I’m not sure what I could have done to prevent that, I used the same male for all the F1 seeds. I am flowering 26 5.19 females right now and they are all great week 7. I’ve got a lot more in a seedling tray for testing and hunting as well. I do apologize if there are some unwanted traits on some plants in F1, hermaphroditism is something I won’t take the time to breed out.

Last edited:

The Larf God

That sucks thanks for the feedback on 5.19, I’m not sure what I could have done to prevent that, I used the same male for all the F1 seeds. I am flowering 26 5.19 seeds right now and they are all great week 7.
Yeah it does suck I was really looking forward to them. Oh well. I’ll update in a few weeks on the other ones.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Yeah it does suck I was really looking forward to them. Oh well. I’ll update in a few weeks on the other ones.
I trust your guys judgement and set-ups so

I’m putting 5.19 on HERM notice
I’m week 7 with no herm’s but this doesn’t mean the genes aren’t in some of them, or that one of my plants may have gotten stressed out. I didn’t notice anything in flower on them in F1, and I haven’t known wilting to cause herming but this may be cultivar dependent. I had no light schedule/leak issues of any kind. Again 5.19 is on herm notice. I have 40 F1 5.19 seeds in a seedling tray ready for the last round of the strains testing.

Thanks to your feedback, the F2 round will be extremely heavily tested by myself. I apologize for any time lost, I will always try to make things right if I can.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Is that because it’s too time consuming and costly or is it impossible?
Way too time consuming to breed out, if it’s really that dank maybe in a bunch of greenhouses I’ll do it. I have the F2 generation of 5.19 finishing in 3 weeks, most of the females are very impressive like mom. I will be testing the F2 generation very closely and will not risk wasting any of your time with it.

If any of you are planting 5.19 F1 please advise that hermaphroditism has been located by a tester you can refer to his comment and RIU journal above. @The Larf God

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Here are two of the 5.19 males I put outside. Both going purple. View attachment 115833
Those almost look like straight males are there any female reproductive parts like the bract or stigma? Here’s an example of a similar male it’s just tough to tell from the pic. If there’s female parts that’s a male hermaphrodite I think that’s definitely genetic.. will be a project to make sure that’s bred out I’m not sure when I’ll be confident in it if it’s sadly in the dna. 2298C8C3-E852-485D-8ABB-0CA41497BA77.jpeg

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

i have two nice females of nl5x sk1 , 1 is a whole lot better of a tricone producer than the other, it's the green pheno you want.i started with 3 to keep counts down.my little stress test was from solo to 5gal. container in soil ,needs to be amended. 3rd run in same soil i have amended it between runs . they are trying to fatten up slowly.I only have 1light that is newer every thing else is a hand me down.

The Larf God

Those almost look like straight males are there any female reproductive parts like the bract or stigma? Here’s an example of a similar male it’s just tough to tell from the pic. If there’s female parts that’s a male hermaphrodite I think that’s definitely genetic.. will be a project to make sure that’s bred out I’m not sure when I’ll be confident in it if it’s sadly in the dna. View attachment 115835
Thats picture I posted was of one of the males I kept. There were 4 hermaphrodites out of the 7 though, there’s pictures on my RIU log. Maybe they hermed due to stress as I did top, transplant & flip all within two days.

The Larf God

I don’t know if that’s bro science or not ^. But this is usually how I grow so I doubt that’s why they hermed.