Hi all, I'm ttystikk

Sativa Kid

I WANT to grow Thai, I just never got the chance! Help a growther out?
The strain I have in regular seeds was taken from a Wild Thailand I bought from world of seeds. It had two radically different growing Pheno's with the same chemotype. The genetic difference is a Sativa Shaped Buds with brown hairs(Chocolate Thai) that matures in 11-12 weeks and has many little leaves in the bud, finishes less than 20% total THC as a guess. And the better pheno has a typical hybrid structure and finishes in 8-9 weeks, this weed is above 20% THC as a guess. I separated the Blonde Pheno and everybody loves it unless you don't like a buzzy Sativa. This strain is awesome to breed with other stuff. I've bred it a half a dozen times and most of the time it improved some aspect of the initial strain. Except once it reverted to the Chocolate Thai look when I bred it to a CBD plant.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
The strain I have in regular seeds was taken from a Wild Thailand I bought from world of seeds. It had two radically different growing Pheno's with the same chemotype. The genetic difference is a Sativa Shaped Buds with brown hairs(Chocolate Thai) that matures in 11-12 weeks and has many little leaves in the bud, finishes less than 20% total THC as a guess. And the better pheno has a typical hybrid structure and finishes in 8-9 weeks, this weed is above 20% THC as a guess. I separated the Blonde Pheno and everybody loves it unless you don't like a buzzy Sativa. This strain is awesome to breed with other stuff. I've bred it a half a dozen times and most of the time it improved some aspect of the initial strain. Except once it reverted to the Chocolate Thai look when I bred it to a CBD plant.
As stated elsewhere, I leave breeding to those with talent and interest in that direction, preferring to work on systems for growing. The blonde pheno sounds just my speed. I think a big reason why people love Hillbilly Hobby so much is because they don't get that spacy, racy sativa high much and they're not expecting it.

Sativa Kid

As stated elsewhere, I leave breeding to those with talent and interest in that direction, preferring to work on systems for growing. The blonde pheno sounds just my speed. I think a big reason why people love Hillbilly Hobby so much is because they don't get that spacy, racy sativa high much and they're not expecting it.
Breeding seeds is addictive. You arrange marriages and wait forever to find out if it's good. One time I had a strain of Blueberry I acquired and it was getting fruity terpenes from early on I thought I hit a gold mine. I bred it with a another strains and couldn't wait. So after the seeds grow and I harvest the Mom to get the seeds it was gummy and reeked of fruity smells. So I took a bong hit and another, and another. What? The Mom had like zero buzz . I was so shocked! I had got all excited for nothing I was waiting for nothing. I tested the seeds and it grew one of the prettiest pot plants I've ever seen. And Maybe 12% THC, a complete dud! But most of my other attempts worked good to great, with one other with less than expected results. But I'm almost done breeding and have some fire seeds in the bud as we speak. Five strains breeds three fems seeds and 2 regular seeds.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
The Thai stick I grew in the 80s was fickle as hell very long flowering think 120+days the bugs were long but thin perhaps with all of today's tech I could do better maybe the strain around these days is not as demanding
"Thai sticks" from what people have told me were local bud soaked in opium and wrapped with string. I've never even seen one of those.

I've definitely heard of tropical sativa strains that run over 15 weeks and were said to be all but psychedelic so what you're saying rings true to me.

One of the things our current breeding and selection craze has definitely done is basically get rid of anything that takes longer than 70 days to finish. No one wants to wait anymore. In large part it's because time is money in a growroom and the longer a strain runs, the more it costs to grow- and yet no one wants to pay the premium for such a product.

I've had people turn down my Hillbilly Hobby just because they're scared of the 9th or 10th week. All ya gotta do is stick it in a few days early and then pull it last for trimming!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
"Thai sticks" from what people have told me were local bud soaked in opium and wrapped with string. I've never even seen one of those.
The opium thing is not part of it. Some stuff had that sure, but it was just how they harvested/cured/shipped the product. The few times I tried it it was more like several long spire-type cola with lots of little nugs alternating up the stem, and they were tied together with hemp-fibers from the same plant.

Sativa Kid

I've definitely heard of tropical sativa strains that run over 15 weeks and were said to be all but psychedelic so what you're saying rings true to me.

One of the things our current breeding and selection craze has definitely done is basically get rid of anything that takes longer than 70 days to finish. No one wants to wait anymore. In large part it's because time is money in a growroom and the longer a strain runs, the more it costs to grow- and yet no one wants to pay the premium for such a product.

I've had people turn down my Hillbilly Hobby just because they're scared of the 9th or 10th week. All ya gotta do is stick it in a few days early and then pull it last for trimming!
Smoked Thai Stick a lot in the 70's. I also believed at the time that they were sprayed with opium but now I think different. It's a premium strain in that it has above average resin production and above average Total THC compared to the good strains of today. Plus it has a very unique terpene profile that some claim has psychedelic properties in first time usage. My Landrace Thai might be of the same genetics as the Thai Stick of the 70's but you never really know. Most everybody that smoked it loved it even Indica people liked it on a one time basis. In the 70's the genetics were very average for the most part. If you cleaned the stems and seeds the weeds were probably 13% THC as an upper average. Thai was probably 21% so people selling it might of told stories of being laced with opium. And if you had GG#4 in 1970 you might say it was from the moon and was laced with pixie dust. My friend once bought 2 kilos of good Mexican cleaned the stems and seeds and called it Laotian Green. He put two finger of weed in the bag for $15 instead of 4 fingers of weed, stems and seeds for $10. So he was probably selling $9 worth of weed for $15 and everybody loved it because he called it Laotian Green.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
The opium thing is not part of it. Some stuff had that sure, but it was just how they harvested/cured/shipped the product. The few times I tried it it was more like several long spire-type cola with lots of little nugs alternating up the stem, and they were tied together with hemp-fibers from the same plant.
I never saw it so all I had to go on were the second hand stories.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Smoked Thai Stick a lot in the 70's. I also believed at the time that they were sprayed with opium but now I think different. It's a premium strain in that it has above average resin production and above average Total THC compared to the good strains of today. Plus it has a very unique terpene profile that some claim has psychedelic properties in first time usage. My Landrace Thai might be of the same genetics as the Thai Stick of the 70's but you never really know. Most everybody that smoked it loved it even Indica people liked it on a one time basis. In the 70's the genetics were very average for the most part. If you cleaned the stems and seeds the weeds were probably 13% THC as an upper average. Thai was probably 21% so people selling it might of told stories of being laced with opium. And if you had GG#4 in 1970 you might say it was from the moon and was laced with pixie dust. My friend once bought 2 kilos of good Mexican cleaned the stems and seeds and called it Laotian Green. He put two finger of weed in the bag for $15 instead of 4 fingers of weed, stems and seeds for $10. So he was probably selling $9 worth of weed for $15 and everybody loved it because he called it Laotian Green.
So THAT'S my problem! I didn't come up with a crazy name for my "exotic" weed!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Fair enough, I got all my info second or third hand.
There wasn't much meat on the individual nugs, and the sugar leaves were left on. It was like 4-6 stems in the middle with the first wrap of twine just around the stems to make a stick. Then a light wrap back up the outside to hold the nugs tight. Since the nugs were alternating up the stem they would fill in each other's gaps and make it like a long skinny bud.

Sativa Kid

The Thai stick I grew in the 80s was fickle as hell very long flowering think 120+days the bugs were long but thin perhaps with all of today's tech I could do better maybe the strain around these days is not as demanding
I have some freaky Thai Seed that finish in 9 weeks or less at 21-22% easily of pure speed, probably because the THCV. I separated the pheno from World of Seeds Wild Thailand where there are two radically different growing phenos with the same Chemotype and they also have different strengths. My profile pic is a typical bonzai I grow. My grow space is vertically challenged so I have to keep them under 4 foot including container.

Sativa Kid

I have some freaky Thai Seed that finish in 9 weeks or less at 21-22% easily of pure speed, probably because the THCV. I separated the pheno from World of Seeds Wild Thailand where there are two radically different growing phenos with the same Chemotype and they also have different strengths. My profile pic is a typical bonzai I grow. My grow space is vertically challenged so I have to keep them under 4 foot including container. PM me if you want to run them, regular seeds only as I had trouble reversing it when I set up the breed. Very stable, never herm.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I have some freaky Thai Seed that finish in 9 weeks or less at 21-22% easily of pure speed, probably because the THCV. I separated the pheno from World of Seeds Wild Thailand where there are two radically different growing phenos with the same Chemotype and they also have different strengths. My profile pic is a typical bonzai I grow. My grow space is vertically challenged so I have to keep them under 4 foot including container.
That's a nice thick girl does it have the old spicy earthy taste? The stuff I grew was thin long thin buds I see why they tied it together to fill in the voids at least that's my theory 🤔

Sativa Kid

That's a nice thick girl does it have the old spicy earthy taste? The stuff I grew was thin long thin buds I see why they tied it together to fill in the voids at least that's my theory 🤔
Even the seedlings leaves have the spicy smell in the leaves when you crush them. The same with the dangly sister that I eliminated from the gene pool. It's also loaded with THCV and suppresses hunger as well as aids in workouts. Which is probably true with all the Thai.