Heisenbubbles Do it yourself RDWC build

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
What size of reservoir/s are you guys running with in order to avoid heat issues in DWC?. Hence from experience big lights myself, 600 watt HPS is big heat, back in the day with 2 x 600 watt HPS running 12/12 and 2 reservoirs with a total of 35 gallons I sometimes ran into issues back then before adding an expensive water chiller...
my system is only 4 8 gallon ez store buckets with 8 gallon epi. my rez is only 10 gallons.

Biggbudzlova

Good day Mr. Heisenbeans, I just wanna day THANK YOU. You’re not going to believe this but I’ve been researching my first hydro grow. I came up with the EXACT system that you’ve built. I very lucky found your YouTube channel and immediately subscribed. I also started following you on here. You have the most detailed and step by step process. THANK YOU!!!!
My questionstoday is: Can I transplant plants grown in RDWC system to soil? And can you explain flushing and why would you do a flush prior to harvest or system cleaning or any major plant transitions? Thank you

Biggbudzlova

I've taken plants from dwc and put them in dirt but they gotta be small. It's easier to go from soil to dwc with smaller plants. I never really flushed. Just bring nutes down the last week to minimum levels.
Sounds great thanks. If get some pretty good results, I would like to clone the mother and then transfer them into soil. How can I get some of your seeds. I’d love to try some of your strains. But keep in mind I’m in a state that’s not culture friendly.... AT ALL.... but we’re working on that..

Dubblup_CEO

@Heisenbubble (thank you for your contribution excellent all the way around)
@spyralout (thank you for your contribution of your original file)

If anyone wants an updated easy to read spreadsheet with item names, pricing and links I have outlined all required items for the build as I will be building a system for myself.

The sheet is self calculating in addition has a budget column for you to insert pricing for items you may want to get from ebay, craigslist, offerup etc... as i would recommend. In the sheet i listed all the items I would used based on quality, durability and reliability.

This will give you an idea of the total cost to build the system you desire.

Attachments

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Good day Mr. Heisenbeans, I just wanna day THANK YOU. You’re not going to believe this but I’ve been researching my first hydro grow. I came up with the EXACT system that you’ve built. I very lucky found your YouTube channel and immediately subscribed. I also started following you on here. You have the most detailed and step by step process. THANK YOU!!!!
My questionstoday is: Can I transplant plants grown in RDWC system to soil? And can you explain flushing and why would you do a flush prior to harvest or system cleaning or any major plant transitions? Thank you
I've taken plants from dwc and put them in dirt but they gotta be small. It's easier to go from soil to dwc with smaller plants. I never really flushed. Just bring nutes down the last week to minimum levels.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
@Heisenbubble (thank you for your contribution excellent all the way around)
@spyralout (thank you for your contribution of your original file)

If anyone wants an updated easy to read spreadsheet with item names, pricing and links I have outlined all required items for the build as I will be building a system for myself.

The sheet is self calculating in addition has a budget column for you to insert pricing for items you may want to get from ebay, craigslist, offerup etc... as i would recommend. In the sheet i listed all the items I would used based on quality, durability and reliability.

This will give you an idea of the total cost to build the system you desire.
Nice job! (y)

Foxhunter444

Is it a good idea or a waste of time to grow autoflowers in this type system? I have been using soil and wanted to try this for a change. Thanks for the info if you have time.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Is it a good idea or a waste of time to grow autoflowers in this type system? I have been using soil and wanted to try this for a change. Thanks for the info if you have time.
I think it depends on the auto. But all would grow faster in RDWC than soil. So you will gain more girth in veg and mass and then that is what makes the flowers so it would have to be better or more yielding in mass.

Keeping the size under control would be a pita...they will all grow different maybe. I cant believe how fast they grow in RDWC.

Foxhunter444

This is my first hydro grow and cannot say how thankful I am for Mr. Heisenbeans sharing his knowledge. Saved me a bundle for sure. I am using 6 - 4 gallon buckets and a 4 gallon epi. I did buy an RO system because our water is very hard and has all kinds of crap in it. I am really excited to try this grow. Have been growing in soil and have not done bad but just think this might be better. You would not believe this but I do not smoke AT ALL. Cannot because of part time job with USPS. Go figure. I do this for my lovely wife who has medical issues and have found that this is the only thing that gives her any relief.

Foxhunter444

Could you suggest a pump and or mfg. of a pump that works well with this system. I have one that I had as a spare and back up for a small pond out in my front yard but thought that there was some you find more suited for this job.
Thank you for your time,