Heisenbubbles Do it yourself RDWC build

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Awesome! (y) hoping mine will put out as well. Did you put the entire system in the tent including epi bucket? What kind of yields are you getting?

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Awesome! (y) hoping mine will put out as well. Did you put the entire system in the tent including epi bucket? What kind of yields are you getting?
My epi bucket is outside the box with topiff rez. I got 25 oz out of 4 plants last run. I have 2 qb 260 in there. Pounds out the par.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
that's pretty damn good, I'm hoping for at least an elbow. When you ran the epi outside did you have to extend any of the pipes to the epi, or used the same suggested sizes?
I'm running 2 viparspectra PAR 600's (I know, I'm planning on upgrading to strip/qb in the future, but these PAR 600's aren't too bad, 274w each with white light, better than the all blurple regular ones) and a 600w HPS

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
that's pretty damn good, I'm hoping for at least an elbow. When you ran the epi outside did you have to extend any of the pipes to the epi, or used the same suggested sizes?
I'm running 2 viparspectra PAR 600's (I know, I'm planning on upgrading to strip/qb in the future, but these PAR 600's aren't too bad, 274w each with white light, better than the all blurple regular ones) and a 600w HPS
I ran 2" PVC to the epi. Just a word of advice,. Watch how long you veg. I veged my plants for 4 weeks and the roots have slowed the pump down considerably. You won't need to veg very long. 2 to 3 weeks tops. They grow really fast. Your nutrients won't need to be as strong . About 1/3 normal strength.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I ran 2" PVC to the epi. Just a word of advice,. Watch how long you veg. I veged my plants for 4 weeks and the roots have slowed the pump down considerably. You won't need to veg very long. 2 to 3 weeks tops. They grow really fast. Your nutrients won't need to be as strong . About 1/3 normal strength.
8 gallon bucket completely full of roots

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
thanks for the advice, I have yet to see the explosion, but I'm only about a week and a half in, I might have plopped them in a bit early. You went 2" only to the epi and 1 1/2" the rest of the way? and used 8 gallon instead of 4?

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
thanks for the advice, I have yet to see the explosion, but I'm only about a week and a half in, I might have plopped them in a bit early. You went 2" only to the epi and 1 1/2" the rest of the way? and used 8 gallon instead of 4?
I used 2" on everything, yes I used 8 gallon

What size of reservoir/s are you guys running with in order to avoid heat issues in DWC?. Hence from experience big lights myself, 600 watt HPS is big heat, back in the day with 2 x 600 watt HPS running 12/12 and 2 reservoirs with a total of 35 gallons I sometimes ran into issues back then before adding an expensive water chiller...

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
What size of reservoir/s are you guys running with in order to avoid heat issues in DWC?. Hence from experience big lights myself, 600 watt HPS is big heat, back in the day with 2 x 600 watt HPS running 12/12 and 2 reservoirs with a total of 35 gallons I sometimes ran into issues back then before adding an expensive water chiller...
1 27gal tote for the res but I have a chiller and some insulation on the buckets. So far res stays around 75F, epi at 67F

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
1 27gal tote for the res but I have a chiller and some insulation on the buckets. So far res stays around 75F, epi at 67F
I run quantum boards each puts out 288 watts . Hardly any heat. Keep my rez at 65 F with chiller. Chiller hardly ever runs. Sure you don't have those 2 degree measurements backwards. I would think your epi would be higher than your rez.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I run quantum boards each puts out 288 watts . Hardly any heat. Keep my rez at 65 F with chiller. Chiller hardly ever runs. Sure you don't have those 2 degree measurements backwards. I would think your epi would be higher than your rez.
My chiller only runs thru the system, didn't see it run thru the res in the videos unless i missed it?